ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

SET (LR) check list

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

YouKTier

SET (LR) check list

Post by YouKTier » Thu Sep 06, 2018 4:33 pm

Hi I have an appointment next week (applying through SET (LR) route). No dependents in the UK.

I have the following documents ready:
1. Application form with Photos (name written on the back)
2. Payment/ premium appointment confirmation
3. Life in the UK certificate
4. All the passports while I have been in the UK
5. Current BRP
6. Degree certificate attained from an UK university
7. Council tax bill and a utility bill for the last 6 months (not mandatory I believe as I have all the passports but I have included these just as a backup)
8. UK drivers License (again not mandatory but I have included as a reserve)

My current leave to remain is as T 1 Entrepreneur so I have included the following documents as well just in case they ask :
1. Current Appointment Report
2. Certificate of company incorporation
3. Business insurance
4. Few of the current client contracts
5. 6 months’ payslips – mine and employees
6. 6 months bank statement – both business and personal account.
7. Full payment Submission (FPS) showing month 1 to month 5 submissions for this year.
8. Up to date CT600 and company accounts
9. Last issued P60 - mine and employees

Is there anything else I need? If so please let me know. Thanks.

umair2017

Re: SET (LR) check list

Post by umair2017 » Fri Sep 07, 2018 12:15 am

Can u pls tell where did u book premium appointment i mean which centre and when did you book? I have been trying to book since one week but cant.

YouKTier

Post by YouKTier » Fri Sep 07, 2018 9:27 am

umair2017 wrote:
Fri Sep 07, 2018 12:15 am
Can u pls tell where did u book premium appointment i mean which centre and when did you book? I have been trying to book since one week but cant.
My appointment is in Belfast which I booked last week. Due to cancellations last minute appointments are relatively easier to get so keep you application/ documents etc ready and go for it WHEN the slot appears. Its all a matter of luck so good luck!

ibimalik

Post by ibimalik » Fri Sep 07, 2018 10:39 am

Hi I am due for an ILR through Tier 1, I am looking for expert to answer on your documents list, Also I am trying so hard to get an appoint in last week of September, but no luck. Could you please tell what time did you get your appointment as I am open to all locations.

YouKTier

Post by YouKTier » Fri Sep 07, 2018 1:22 pm

ibimalik wrote:
Fri Sep 07, 2018 10:39 am
Hi I am due for an ILR through Tier 1, I am looking for expert to answer on your documents list, Also I am trying so hard to get an appoint in last week of September, but no luck. Could you please tell what time did you get your appointment as I am open to all locations.
I hope so too that an expert would confirm the documents listed.
I found my appointment at 14:50 on a weekday but honestly the timings are just random. I have been very lucky to reschedule appointment about 4 times without spending too much time in front of a device.

ibimalik

Post by ibimalik » Mon Sep 10, 2018 4:39 pm

YouKTier wrote:
Thu Sep 06, 2018 4:33 pm
Hi I have an appointment next week (applying through SET (LR) route). No dependents in the UK.

5. Current BRP
7. Council tax bill and a utility bill for the last 6 months (not mandatory I believe as I have all the passports but I have included these just as a backup)

My current leave to remain is as T 1 Entrepreneur so I have included the following documents as well just in case they ask :
3. Business insurance
7. Full payment Submission (FPS) showing month 1 to month 5 submissions for this year.

When is your appointment?

YouKTier

Post by YouKTier » Fri Sep 14, 2018 8:50 pm

ibimalik wrote:
Mon Sep 10, 2018 4:39 pm
YouKTier wrote:

5. Current BRP

3. Business insurance

Arrived for the ILR appointment at 8:30 am for a 9 am appointment in Belfast . I was asked to take a seat, after 15 minutes a lady called me to the reception desk and took my application and documents and told me they will call in about 20 minutes for Biometrics. After 15 minutes I was called for Biometric and that was done. I was then told to wait in the lounge while the case worker looks at my application. She said it could take anywhere between 2 and 2 and half hours for the outcome. In the meanwhile if case worker has any doubt they will call me. After about 20 minutes of waiting in the lounge I was called in and she said my ILR is granted and I said thank you wow that was super quick :-) All in all a smooth experience, everything completed in less than an hour. I have been to apply for visas before but this one was hands down the smoothest experience I have had. Didn’t feel like a major appointment at all, I was the only applicant that was suited and booted there lol . I was Out of the building by 9:45 am. I was told BRP will be with me in the next 7 to 10 days. In the beginning I had handed them all the documents put in a folder labelled with sticky notes and photo copies were all done where required. You make their job easy its easy for them to reach a decision and that's what I believe helped them with finish my case quick. Another interesting thing, I never saw my case worker, all I had to interact was with the person who took my documents and did the biometrics. SET (LR) is very straightforward, didn’t feel the need to use a solicitor at all, I remember one of them quoting about £1000 damn what an easy £1000 it is for them for such a simple application. A big Thank you to this forum :D

blueangel20063
Newly Registered

Post by blueangel20063 » Sat Sep 15, 2018 8:42 am

Congrats.. what documents did you photocopy? I am also completing my application and am not sure what docs i should photocopy
YouKTier wrote:
Fri Sep 14, 2018 8:50 pm
ibimalik wrote:
YouKTier wrote:

5. Current BRP

3. Business insurance

Arrived for the ILR appointment at 8:30 am for a 9 am appointment in Belfast . I was asked to take a seat, after 15 minutes a lady called me to the reception desk and took my application and documents and told me they will call in about 20 minutes for Biometrics. After 15 minutes I was called for Biometric and that was done. I was then told to wait in the lounge while the case worker looks at my application. She said it could take anywhere between 2 and 2 and half hours for the outcome. In the meanwhile if case worker has any doubt they will call me. After about 20 minutes of waiting in the lounge I was called in and she said my ILR is granted and I said thank you wow that was super quick :-) All in all a smooth experience, everything completed in less than an hour. I have been to apply for visas before but this one was hands down the smoothest experience I have had. Didn’t feel like a major appointment at all, I was the only applicant that was suited and booted there lol . I was Out of the building by 9:45 am. I was told BRP will be with me in the next 7 to 10 days. In the beginning I had handed them all the documents put in a folder labelled with sticky notes and photo copies were all done where required. You make their job easy its easy for them to reach a decision and that's what I believe helped them with finish my case quick. Another interesting thing, I never saw my case worker, all I had to interact was with the person who took my documents and did the biometrics. SET (LR) is very straightforward, didn’t feel the need to use a solicitor at all, I remember one of them quoting about £1000 damn what an easy £1000 it is for them for such a simple application. A big Thank you to this forum :D

YouKTier

Post by YouKTier » Sat Sep 15, 2018 10:18 am

blueangel20063 wrote:
Sat Sep 15, 2018 8:42 am
Congrats.. what documents did you photocopy? I am also completing my application and am not sure what docs i should photocopy
YouKTier wrote:
ibimalik wrote:
YouKTier wrote:

5. Current BRP

3. Business insurance

Thank you. If you are applying for SET (LR) just make copies of your passports, BRP, degree certificate (if applicable) and Life in the UK certificate. I had also kept driving licence, council tax bill, an utility bill just as a reserve which they did take from the folder I had given. Like I said in my post the caseworker did not see me in person so I had given them the folder and from that they picked whatever they want.

Additional documents like payslips, business and personal bank statements, business insurance, p60s, company accounts, CT600 etc were all in the folder but they didnt take any of those. I didnt make copies of these documents as I can print them anyway even if they had taken the ones i gave them. Some of these additional documents are only required if you are applying with your current leave to remain as T1 ENT. To Summarise you should be fine if you make copies of the main documents that I had listed on my initial post. No need to make copies of your application form. Good luck!

blueangel20063
Newly Registered

Post by blueangel20063 » Sat Sep 15, 2018 11:17 am

Thanks for your reply its really helpful. did you gave them the additional documents or we just keep them with us in case they ask for ?

YouKTier

Post by YouKTier » Sun Sep 16, 2018 12:45 pm

blueangel20063 wrote:
Sat Sep 15, 2018 11:17 am
Thanks for your reply its really helpful. did you gave them the additional documents or we just keep them with us in case they ask for ?
Just give them two folders: one with main documents and their photocopies and the other folder with additional docs (i didnt make copies of these additional docs because if required they can be printed later for my use even if they took those but its entirely up to you)

In the end they will return everything. They will call you in between if they find something missing or require anything which didn't happen in my case.

miruthva
India

Post by miruthva » Sun Sep 16, 2018 2:44 pm

Hii YouKTier,
Can I know what you filled in D20?
(D20. If you have any reasons or grounds for wishing to stay in the United Kingdom which you have not already mentioned in your application you should do so now in the box below.)

Am bit confused what to fill particularly? Your suggestion would really help us.Thanks

YouKTier

Post by YouKTier » Mon Sep 17, 2018 12:44 pm

miruthva wrote:
Sun Sep 16, 2018 2:44 pm
Hii YouKTier,
Can I know what you filled in D20?
(D20. If you have any reasons or grounds for wishing to stay in the United Kingdom which you have not already mentioned in your application you should do so now in the box below.)

Am bit confused what to fill particularly? Your suggestion would really help us.Thanks
Hi, I left it blank as I didn't have any other reason to comment. Only fill sections if applicable to you.

sm12
Diamond Member

Post by sm12 » Wed Sep 19, 2018 2:51 pm

Hi

How many days after approval did you get your BRP?

YouKTier

Post by YouKTier » Wed Sep 19, 2018 8:21 pm

sm12 wrote:
Wed Sep 19, 2018 2:51 pm
Hi

How many days after approval did you get your BRP?
Hi, received BRP after 4 working days of the premium appointment.

ibimalik

Post by ibimalik » Thu Sep 20, 2018 10:26 am

YouKTier wrote:
ibimalik wrote:
YouKTier wrote:

5. Current BRP

3. Business insurance

Very happy for you, that was sooper quick well done.