ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny

shaz007

ILR

Post by shaz007 » Wed Sep 19, 2018 1:23 pm

Hello Everyone,

I have a question here confusing me a lot

(1) I have an Entrepreneur visa and someone said while you are director m you can still register yourself as self-employed and work? is this right can I register it separately?

(2) My 5 years will be next year in nov 2019. can I apply for my ILR and Can I apply on the window? and do I still have to go through showing investment and Guinness and all advertising invoices and sales .acccounts which we have shown before?

(3) do you think better to apply for ILR when MY 10 years are completing?

Please help me bro in clearing my confusions above and I will appreciate if senior members can reply to me on this post and shed light on this matter, please.

Many thanks In advance

marcnath
United Kingdom

Re: ILR

Post by marcnath » Wed Sep 19, 2018 2:11 pm

Moved to ILR forum
1) Yes, but you can only work for your own business
2) No, ILR on 5 year route is only by post. Investment evidence is not needed. Genuineness is still a criteria though there are no mandatory documents for that.
3) 10 Year ILR is easier but if you have dependants, then their 5 year clock will get reset.
My comments are in no way meant to be advisory. I have no professional knowledge of immigration. These are based on my own experience, convictions and personal interpretation of publicly available information.

shaz007

Post by shaz007 » Wed Sep 19, 2018 2:36 pm

marcnath wrote:
Wed Sep 19, 2018 2:11 pm
Moved to ILR forum
1) Yes, but you can only work for your own business
2) No, ILR on 5 year route is only by post. Investment evidence is not needed. Genuineness is still a criteria though there are no mandatory documents for that.
3) 10 Year ILR is easier but if you have dependants, then their 5 year clock will get reset.
Thanks, Marcnath

(1) what I need to do for registering self-employed? I can keep both being director of my business and registered as self-employed too right?

(2) What they will look in ILR application on if not investment? Please clarify me

(3)10 years ILR- I don't hold any dependent just getting married this year so Does it affect?

what is the difference in 10 years and 5-year ILR?

marcnath
United Kingdom

Post by marcnath » Wed Sep 19, 2018 2:44 pm

shaz007 wrote:
Wed Sep 19, 2018 2:36 pm
[
Thanks, Marcnath

(1) what I need to do for registering self-employed? I can keep both being director of my business and registered as self-employed too right?

(2) What they will look in ILR application on if not investment? Please clarify me

(3)10 years ILR- I don't hold any dependent just getting married this year so Does it affect?

1) Contact HMRC
2) Job creation, business activity, genuineness - please read the Tier 1 E guidance
3) Yes, you need to have minimum income for dependant's visa if you take the 10 year visa.
10 year needs very little documents - you just have to have been here for 10 years. 5 Year LR - you need to get the points
My comments are in no way meant to be advisory. I have no professional knowledge of immigration. These are based on my own experience, convictions and personal interpretation of publicly available information.

shaz007

Post by shaz007 » Wed Sep 19, 2018 2:49 pm

marcnath wrote:
Wed Sep 19, 2018 2:44 pm
shaz007 wrote:
Wed Sep 19, 2018 2:36 pm
[
Thanks, Marcnath

1) Contact HMRC
2) Job creation, business activity, genuineness - please read the Tier 1 E guidance
3) Yes, you need to have minimum income for dependant's visa if you take the 10-year visa.
10 year needs very little documents - you just have to have been here for 10 years. 5 Year LR - you need to get the points
Thanks Again Really helpful
but My wife lives in the UK and She holds the visa she will apply for her visa as well next year extension but if she gets refused, what are an option? Can I extend her visa?

shaz007

Post by shaz007 » Wed Sep 19, 2018 2:52 pm

One more thing if the visa is expiring on 2020 Aug and You have 10 years completing in OCT how will I apply for 10 years application before oct 2020?

marcnath
United Kingdom

Post by marcnath » Wed Sep 19, 2018 3:37 pm

shaz007 wrote:
Wed Sep 19, 2018 2:52 pm
One more thing if the visa is expiring on 2020 Aug and You have 10 years completing in OCT how will I apply for 10 years application before oct 2020?
You can apply any time from 28 days before you complete 10 years.
shaz007 wrote:
Wed Sep 19, 2018 2:49 pm

Thanks Again Really helpful
but My wife lives in the UK and She holds the visa she will apply for her visa as well next year extension but if she gets refused, what are an option? Can I extend her visa?
This is not clear.
You mean your wife is on her own visa ? Once you are married or if you have been living together, she can apply as your dependant if her own visa extension/ILR is not succesful.