ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 to ILR checklist

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

GMO
Mood:

Tier 2 to ILR checklist

Post by GMO » Thu Sep 20, 2018 10:38 am

Hi everyone,

The following docs been listed to submit with my Set (O) application from which I will apply under T2. Please check the list and let me know :

**Passport(new&old)
**BRP
**Pictures(2)
**Life in UK test
**UK Masters Certificate
**3 months payslip
**3 months bank statement
**Letter from Employer

DO i have to submit my last COS which issued during my T" extension application as there is a question related to it on the form (12c) and my colleague who granted ILR a few years back said he submitted the last COS. It is mandatory doc?

cyclina1
Hong Kong

Re: Tier 2 to ILR checklist

Post by cyclina1 » Thu Sep 20, 2018 10:40 am

The documents you are going to submit are sufficient, normally.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice.

GMO
Mood:

Post by GMO » Thu Sep 20, 2018 11:00 am

Thanks :) and I hope its not be an issue if i submit the latest COS!

GMO
Mood:

Post by GMO » Thu Sep 20, 2018 1:41 pm

Hi, can someone please assure me that i am going through the correct form for T2(G) ILR
https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... -form-seto

That would be really helpful :)
Kind Regards
Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Sep 20, 2018 1:49 pm

You have been advised in many of your ILR topics/posts that Set(O) is the form for Tier 2 to ILR :idea: :idea: :idea:
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

GMO
Mood:

Post by GMO » Thu Sep 20, 2018 4:04 pm

ya i know! but when my time is coming closer i am really feeling anxious and nervous to be honest! so just would like to have a double check on everything..Anyways..Thanks for your reply. Hope i am going on the right way :)

Djsuccess
Diamond Member
Nigeria

Post by Djsuccess » Thu Sep 20, 2018 6:27 pm

GMO wrote:
Thu Sep 20, 2018 10:38 am
Hi everyone,

The following docs been listed to submit with my Set (O) application from which I will apply under T2. Please check the list and let me know :

**Passport(new&old)
**BRP
**Pictures(2)
**Life in UK test
**UK Masters Certificate
**3 months payslip
**3 months bank statement
**Letter from Employer

DO i have to submit my last COS which issued during my T" extension application as there is a question related to it on the form (12c) and my colleague who granted ILR a few years back said he submitted the last COS. It is mandatory doc?

Your employer only needs to confirm your SOC code in the same letter confirming that you are needed for the foreseeable future
I am not a lawyer and do not claim to be one. All my comments here are based on my opinions, experience and interpretation of the appropriate UKVI guidance documents and immigration rules.

GMO
Mood:

Post by GMO » Thu Sep 20, 2018 7:37 pm

Thanks a lot for your reply.

GMO
Mood:

Post by GMO » Thu Sep 20, 2018 8:03 pm

One more confusion!

i am filling up the latest version of the set(o) form which is updated on 7/18

Previously in older version i believe i saw a question like..
Section: Problems with immigration to the UK

Question: Have you ever been refused a visa for the UK?

But in the latest form im not seeing any Q like that or i m missing it somehow! if anybody knows then please let me know.

Djsuccess
Diamond Member
Nigeria

Post by Djsuccess » Thu Sep 20, 2018 8:44 pm

GMO wrote:
Thu Sep 20, 2018 8:03 pm
One more confusion!

i am filling up the latest version of the set(o) form which is updated on 7/18

Previously in older version i believe i saw a question like..
Section: Problems with immigration to the UK

Question: Have you ever been refused a visa for the UK?

But in the latest form im not seeing any Q like that or i m missing it somehow! if anybody knows then please let me know.

It's no longer there.
I am not a lawyer and do not claim to be one. All my comments here are based on my opinions, experience and interpretation of the appropriate UKVI guidance documents and immigration rules.

GMO
Mood:

Post by GMO » Thu Sep 20, 2018 10:44 pm

Thanks 👍👍👍

GMO
Mood:

Post by GMO » Fri Sep 21, 2018 9:40 am

Hi again,

I did fill up the Set(O) form and the block spaces i fil up with the capital letter of course. But in some question where given space to answer the question like 'Family Ties' or 'reason of absence'..there i didnt write in all CAPITAL..i just wrote normally. Is that alright?

No where in the form its written to fill up in capital except the payment page which i didn't fill up cause i paid and booked online so will attach those page.
So is it ok the way i filled up the form? Your opinon will be highly appreciated.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Sep 21, 2018 9:46 am

You are 100% overthinking!!!
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

GMO
Mood:

Post by GMO » Sat Sep 22, 2018 11:58 am

Hi!

in 2015 i went to USA for three weeks as a part of my authorised leave from the employer.
In my passport, i have a seal on the day of return from immigration in Heathrow airport but there is nothing ( no seal/stamp) on my passport regarding USA entry or anything!! I guess USA airport give no stamp on entry!!

When i as filling the absence list and checking with passport then noticed that. i have my flying ticket with me as a proof by the way. Hope it won't be an issue.

Mystarch89
Mood:
Malaysia

Post by Mystarch89 » Sat Sep 22, 2018 12:17 pm

GMO wrote:
Sat Sep 22, 2018 11:58 am
Hi!

in 2015 i went to USA for three weeks as a part of my authorised leave from the employer.
In my passport, i have a seal on the day of return from immigration in Heathrow airport but there is nothing ( no seal/stamp) on my passport regarding USA entry or anything!! I guess USA airport give no stamp on entry!!

When i as filling the absence list and checking with passport then noticed that. i have my flying ticket with me as a proof by the way. Hope it won't be an issue.

USA do stamps on immigration , usually on the visa (If u needed a visa clearance)

If not, u can do a cover letter stating that / or just simply put in your flight ticket together with your documents in your submission folder (which they will give u during the appt - assuming its a PSC appt). The caseworker will look through it and decide whether they need the extra information or they might just ring u to send them the flight ticket if you choose not to submit it in the submission folder.

GMO
Mood:

Post by GMO » Sat Sep 22, 2018 12:21 pm

Thanks very much for your reply. I have no stamp on my USA visa! but i printed out and keep the ticket with me ..so if they ask then i can show. Thanks, again.appreciated :)

Lynz1988
Canada

Post by Lynz1988 » Sun Sep 23, 2018 8:15 am

You are way, way overthinking this. I don't get stamped when I go back to Canada and I never get stamped when going from Canada to Cuba (which I've done and declared on previous visas). I have never had any issues and nor have I supplied plane tickets

GMO
Mood:

Post by GMO » Sun Sep 23, 2018 10:46 am

Thanks for the reply :) just a bit nervous ! :)

GMO
Mood:

Post by GMO » Sun Sep 23, 2018 10:49 am

By the way !, if I just print the bank statements from bank and seal it in every page than it’s ok ? Or do I have to get any letter from bank as well ????

FYI, planning to submit 6 month statement and I have 3 months with necwhich was listed but have to printout and seal the other 3 months!!

VirtualWaver
Member of Standing
United States of America

Post by VirtualWaver » Sun Sep 23, 2018 11:21 am

I am also in the same position: travelled to Russia once but the border officer forgot to put an entry stamp in my passport (Ive been in Russia a few times and they were always stamping the passport). However, I have the departure stamp from Russia and also UK entry stamp.

I have a premium appointment next week.

Should I write an explanationary letter and submit the ticket from UK to Russia to proof I was actually travelling on that date?

Also, I was travelling from Brussels to UK via Eurostar a couple of years ago but the UK border officer said I dont need to complete the immigration card (!!) and just stamped my passport instead. Is this an issue?

I

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Sep 23, 2018 11:23 am

VirtualWaver wrote:
Sun Sep 23, 2018 11:21 am
I am also in the same position: travelled to Russia once but the border officer forgot to put an entry stamp in my passport (Ive been in Russia a few times and they were always stamping the passport). However, I have the departure stamp from Russia and also UK entry stamp.

I have a premium appointment next week.

Should I write an explanationary letter and submit the ticket from UK to Russia to proof I was actually travelling on that date?

Also, I was travelling from Brussels to UK via Eurostar a couple of years ago but the UK border officer said I dont need to complete the immigration card (!!) and just stamped my passport instead. Is this an issue?

I
Please continue your questions in your own topic. See point 12 of the forum rules FAQs (click to read)
Char (CR001 not Casa)

GMO
Mood:

Post by GMO » Sun Sep 23, 2018 8:04 pm

By the way !, if I just print the bank statements from bank and seal it in every page than it’s ok ? Or do I have to get any letter from bank as well ????

FYI, planning to submit 6 month statement and I have 3 months with necwhich was listed but have to printout and seal the other 3 months!!

GMO
Mood:

Post by GMO » Fri Sep 28, 2018 2:10 pm

Hi!
I have one question regarding SET(O) section 6

6.5 Did you last enter the UK using a valid passport or travel
document? YES
6.6 Do you currently have valid leave to enter or remain in the UK? YES

now when I go to the next question, then..

6.7 What date was your last period of leave valid until? ???
If this date has passed please answer 6.8, otherwise, go
to question 6.9.

So if i answer YES on 6.6 then do i have to answer Q 6.7 or i can skip it. Please let me know.

Djsuccess
Diamond Member
Nigeria

Post by Djsuccess » Fri Sep 28, 2018 4:19 pm

GMO wrote:
Fri Sep 28, 2018 2:10 pm
Hi!
I have one question regarding SET(O) section 6

6.5 Did you last enter the UK using a valid passport or travel
document? YES
6.6 Do you currently have valid leave to enter or remain in the UK? YES

now when I go to the next question, then..

6.7 What date was your last period of leave valid until? ???
If this date has passed please answer 6.8, otherwise, go
to question 6.9.

So if i answer YES on 6.6 then do i have to answer Q 6.7 or i can skip it. Please let me know.
You will answer 6.7 with the expiry date of your current visa and then move to 6.9

GMO
Mood:

Post by GMO » Fri Sep 28, 2018 4:36 pm

ok..thanks :) it is aug2019
...as the question has "WAS"..so it made me confused!