ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

English Requirements Citizenship

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Zain Ali
Mood:

English Requirements Citizenship

Post by Zain Ali » Sun Sep 23, 2018 9:17 pm

I have a very important question that was bugging me and I don't know if I have already asked it here or not but I have been giving leave to remain on the basis of 7 year child route and the Home Office has withdrawn their case. We only have two years to go until we get our ILR in 2020 November. Me and my wife has got a B1 and B2 English Certificate however I am not sure if my son and daughter will also have to get a certificate to prove their English requirement because they have passed their GCSE from here and my son is 18 but my daughter will be 18 in October 2020. So will they need a qualification and if they do then what qualification will be easy for them to do and prove their English.

cyclina1
Hong Kong

Re: English Requirements Citizenship

Post by cyclina1 » Sun Sep 23, 2018 10:09 pm

GCSE cannot be used as the proof. Your kids need to sit the english test, except they get the UK uni degree.

https://www.gov.uk/english-language/app ... ifications

If they are really going to the uni, if the timing fits, better get ILR first so they can enjoy local tuition fee.

Your wife will also need to get B1 pass to qualify ILR. Of course also Life in the UK test, all of you.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice.

Zain Ali
Mood:

Post by Zain Ali » Sun Sep 23, 2018 10:35 pm

Thanks for the reply and the link as well but can you also tell me like which test will be easy for the kids to pass or do all of us have to go through the B1. Is there any test the kids can pass easily.

bluebird12
Pakistan

Post by bluebird12 » Mon Sep 24, 2018 12:16 am

Trinity’s college courses are bit easy to pass ....

vinny

Post by vinny » Mon Sep 24, 2018 1:41 am

At least B1 level required. Should be easy for children with GCSE. Non UK born children should apply for ILR first.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.