ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

SET (LR) form question

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

ronin

SET (LR) form question

Post by ronin » Thu Sep 27, 2018 10:28 pm

Hi experts/moderators,

I am on Tier 2 (General) visa and I have visa till March 2019. I am now eligible to apply for ILR based on long residency, I am attending for premium service appointment early next week. I have clear immigration history and no long absent or refusal previously. I am completing my SET (LR) form and I am bit confused about couple of sections, please help me with the best of your knowledge. Take my apology if I am being too cautious and my questions sound silly. Thank you.

1. Section B16 & B17: Duration of my current and immediate previous addresses do not cover 5 years. I have to provide previous three addresses. What do I do, should I insert a copy of page no. 8 and write address, duration?

2. Section C6: I have three passports, of which first one has entry visa and 2nd one has exit-entry stamps. C6 mentioned, 'Do you have any passport or travel document which contains a previous grant of leave or which you used when you last travelled to the UK?' - both previous passport have stamps/visa, should I insert page 9 and mentioned about 1st passport?

3. Sections D13 & E14: Do I mention United Kingdom as well or this section only for home country? 'It does say country I live for more than 5 years'. What should be appropriate answer, do I say 'Family Ties' for home country and 'Social, cultural and professional ties' for UK (if UK has to be written)?

4. Right after section D13 says, If your 10 years continuous lawful residence includes a period of time spent in the UK as an EEA national exercising treaty rights, or as a family member of an EEA national exercising treaty rights you must complete the following. If you are not relying on a period spent in the
UK as an EEA national exercising treaty rights or as a family member of an EEA national
exercising treaty rights please go to section E.

I am not depending on any period of EEA national family member, do I skip to section E? Am I not going to answer D20 - stating reason for staying in United Kingdom? D20 seem to be an important question.

3. Supporting documents: I am planning to submit following original documents with photocopies, are these suffice?
a. Completed SET (LR) form (no photocopies provided)
b. BRP card
c. Life in UK notification letter
d. 2 copies of photographs name written at back
e. BSc degree certificate for language requirement
f. Bank statement - previous 6 months
g. ER letter with Payslips - previous 6 months
h. Marriage certificate (is this relevant? Section B11 asked for marriage date)

Additional records:
i. DBS certificate
j. Driving license

I will appreciate if you could let me have your wise opinion on my above questions please.

Many thanks,

Kind regards,

Ronin

ronin

Re: SET (LR) form question

Post by ronin » Fri Sep 28, 2018 10:12 am

Dear experts/moderators,

Please help me with the questions above. I really need your expert opinion.

Kind regards,

Ronin.

ibimalik

Post by ibimalik » Sat Sep 29, 2018 10:04 am

Hi,

I am filling my form for SET (LR) as well and have appointment last week of October. I do agree with you them question are quite confusing.

If experts shed some light on it please.

ronin

Post by ronin » Sat Sep 29, 2018 4:01 pm

Hi all,

Any comments on my questions above please?

Thanks