ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Dependent ILR and Benefits Section of SET (O) form

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

aubajwa

Dependent ILR and Benefits Section of SET (O) form

Post by aubajwa » Mon Oct 15, 2018 11:55 am

Hello,

I am applying ILR for my partner who is with Tier 1 dependent visa (with no recourse to public funds)..

In section 5.5 of the SET(O) application form, the question is: "Are you receiving any public funds?"

My partner was put on JSA (income based & contribution based) mistakenly by DWP.

a) shall i answer the question Yes 'or' No
I think the answer shall be 'No', as at the time of application we are not receiving any public funds.

In that case, How can I mention in the application form about the DWP error and my wife's claim of public funds? (as by immigration rules my partner must indicate any receipt of public funds)

b) DWP refused to provide any letter for the confirmation of official error, and instated that UKBA will call DWP and confirm about the official error.
So, I do not have anything as a written confirmation that it was an official error.

Please suggest how to address above issues...

Many Thanks

cyclina1
Hong Kong

Re: Dependent ILR and Benefits Section of SET (O) form

Post by cyclina1 » Mon Oct 15, 2018 12:05 pm

How could this can happen? The DWP gives your partner's JSA without your partner consent?
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice.

aubajwa

Re: Dependent ILR and Benefits Section of SET (O) form

Post by aubajwa » Mon Oct 15, 2018 4:44 pm

Well my partner was awarded JSA for a couple instead of just alone my partner..

Not sure how they made this error.

Anyways, can somebody answer my question please...