ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Calculation of Hours

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Shah154
Newly Registered
Italy

Calculation of Hours

Post by Shah154 » Tue Oct 23, 2018 9:30 pm

Good Evening,

I am on Ent. Tier 1 Extension. Extension got in May 2017. I am mixing something in hours calculation. When i got Extension. I had 2 X & Y employees and both are on 120 hours per month.

Employee X was 120 hours of a month for 8 consecutive months ( MaY 2017, June, July, August, September, October, November and December 2017) then she left.

Employees Y was also on 120 hours per month for whole year ( May 2017-April 2018). Now he is on 130 Hours per month now.

Employee X was on IT Consultant post. Now her job of same title has been filled by two part time Employees after 5 months. IT consultant job is being done by two new employees since May 2018.

My confusion and question to you is about the calculation of Employee X. First one did 120 hours a month for consecutive 8 months and now two people are doing same job as a full time.

can i say that first 8 months of 120 hours as full time job of 4 months and remaining 8 months will be covered by two employees in next 8 months to complete one full time job?
what will be the calculation of Employee X ' 120 HOURS FOR 8 MONTHS AND then 130 HOURS (from two part time) for next 8 months?
DOES IT MAKE ONE FULL TIME JOB FOR APRIL 2019 Transitinal chagne?

Thanks for all of the readers and respondents in advance.

Dea guy

Re: Calculation of Hours

Post by Dea guy » Wed Oct 24, 2018 9:45 am

Shah154 wrote:
Tue Oct 23, 2018 9:30 pm
Good Evening,

I am on Ent. Tier 1 Extension. Extension got in May 2017. I am mixing something in hours calculation. When i got Extension. I had 2 X & Y employees and both are on 120 hours per month.

Employee X was 120 hours of a month for 8 consecutive months ( MaY 2017, June, July, August, September, October, November and December 2017) then she left.

Employees Y was also on 120 hours per month for whole year ( May 2017-April 2018). Now he is on 130 Hours per month now.

Employee X was on IT Consultant post. Now her job of same title has been filled by two part time Employees after 5 months. IT consultant job is being done by two new employees since May 2018.

My confusion and question to you is about the calculation of Employee X. First one did 120 hours a month for consecutive 8 months and now two people are doing same job as a full time.

can i say that first 8 months of 120 hours as full time job of 4 months and remaining 8 months will be covered by two employees in next 8 months to complete one full time job?
what will be the calculation of Employee X ' 120 HOURS FOR 8 MONTHS AND then 130 HOURS (from two part time) for next 8 months?
DOES IT MAKE ONE FULL TIME JOB FOR APRIL 2019 Transitinal chagne?

I think this will be fulltime job but seniors like Macnarth and Zimba can confirm it.

Thanks for all of the readers and respondents in advance.

zimba
Mood:

Re: Calculation of Hours

Post by zimba » Wed Oct 24, 2018 12:29 pm

This has been asked a million times on the forum. :roll:
There is no official guidance on how to mix part time and full time employment, so there is no 100% answer.
I made an attempt to show how to calculate the hours for part time workers and convert it to full time: uk-tier-1-entrepreneur-visas/criteria-f ... l#p1437307
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice