ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Settlement on the basis of Long Residence (SET-LR)

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Atifhameed59
Newly Registered

Settlement on the basis of Long Residence (SET-LR)

Post by Atifhameed59 » Tue Nov 13, 2018 11:53 pm

Hi,
I came to UK 16-12-2008 on student visa. In 2010 I got my PSW visa, 2012 Entrepreneur Visa and Entrepreneur Extension respectively in April 2017. I have visa till April 2019 but I am completing my 10 yrs on 14-12-2018 and I have booked for premium service on 21-11-18 (i.e 28 days before I complete my 10 years). In total I have been 535 days out of UK in last 10 years but from May 2017 till Sep 2018 I have been 359 days out of the UK and none of them were more then 180 days at anytime (May till Sep 2017- 144 days, Nov till Mar 2018- 111 days and Jun till Sep 2018- 104 days). These absences were purely due to family and business trip. Please advise on following things;

1. In absences do I need to mention family and business trip both and do I need to provide any evidences as well?

2. As I am self employed and do business, do I need to provide my company details i.e company accounts, bank statement, accountant letter and others?

3. Do I need to show my employees record as well i.e payslips and P45?

4. What other supporting documents I have to provide other then Life in Uk test, Degree, Doctors Letter?

Looking forward to hear from you.

Thanks and Regards,

Atif

zimba
Mood:

Re: Settlement on the basis of Long Residence (SET-LR)

Post by zimba » Wed Nov 14, 2018 1:20 am

No need for any of the documents, except the English language and LIUK pass certificate. You also need to provide all your passport used since 2008
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

Atifhameed59
Newly Registered

Post by Atifhameed59 » Wed Nov 14, 2018 10:59 pm

Hi,

Thank you for the reply.

I have few more things to ask. Please advise;

1. From Section 4 i.e Documents (page 24 of the SET-LR application form) is it necessary to provide any of those 10 listed documents (utility bills, council tax etc). Someone told me I have to provide at least 5 documents out of that list.

2. For my social ties or if HO ask for approve of what I do know in UK or what I have been doing from my last granted visa, do I need to provide any document and if so then what will be that document?

Thanks and Regards,

Atif

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Thu Nov 15, 2018 1:26 am

I have not seen the form (and it has been removed) but as far as I know there is no such evidence required
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

Atifhameed59
Newly Registered

Post by Atifhameed59 » Sun Nov 18, 2018 11:10 pm

Hi,

Just one more query to make. My 10 years complete on 14-12-2018, however I intend to apply 28 days before ten years complete. In these 9 years and 11 months I have in total 336 absences. Will this be an issue in my case, as I yet didn't complete my 10 years and my absences are on the edge? And how these absences are calculated by HO.

Thanks and Regards.

Atif

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Mon Nov 19, 2018 2:00 am

You can apply within 28 days.
Absences rules under SET(LR):
1) You should not have had ANY continuous period of 180 days or more from the UK (i.e. your long residence should not be broken) AND
2) No more than 540 days in total from the UK during the 10 years

Atifhameed59
Newly Registered

Post by Atifhameed59 » Wed Nov 21, 2018 5:49 pm

Hi,
Just want to thank you. Today I had my ILR appointment and it got approved. I just provided life In UK Test and UK degree.
I would like to know that next year I have to apply for naturalization/citizenship and I do business and for this reason it requires alot of frequent travelling. I have few queries in regards to that;
1. Total procedure time. Can also do window application or it is only post application. How much time it takes to get passport.
2. Can I travel abroad once i have applied for naturalization/citizenship and my application is in process?
3. Considering my 10 years in UK can I be more then 90 days absent from UK and if yes how many maximum days I can be absent.
Thanks once again for advise on ILR application.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Nov 21, 2018 6:09 pm

Atifhameed59 wrote:
Wed Nov 21, 2018 5:49 pm
Hi,
Just want to thank you. Today I had my ILR appointment and it got approved. I just provided life In UK Test and UK degree.
I would like to know that next year I have to apply for naturalization/citizenship and I do business and for this reason it requires alot of frequent travelling. I have few queries in regards to that;
1. Total procedure time. Can also do window application or it is only post application. How much time it takes to get passport.
2. Can I travel abroad once i have applied for naturalization/citizenship and my application is in process?
3. Considering my 10 years in UK can I be more then 90 days absent from UK and if yes how many maximum days I can be absent.
Thanks once again for advise on ILR application.
1. It can take a few weeks or many months. No 'same day' for citizenship unfortunately. Passport you can only apply for AFTER your citizenship ceremony if you are approved. Passport can take 3-6 weeks.
2. Yes.
3. No. You cannot have more than 90-100 days absence in the 12 months before you apply and no more than 450 days absence in the 5 years before you apply.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Atifhameed59
Newly Registered

Post by Atifhameed59 » Thu Nov 22, 2018 4:13 pm

Hi, for the Naturalization/Citizenship can I apply 28 days before I complete my 12 months after ILR or have to wait till I complete 12 months?
Can I travel after naturalization?
Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Nov 22, 2018 4:15 pm

Atifhameed59 wrote:
Thu Nov 22, 2018 4:13 pm
Hi, for the Naturalization/Citizenship can I apply 28 days before I complete my 12 months after ILR or have to wait till I complete 12 months?
Can I travel after naturalization?
Thanks
1. Please post citizenship questions in the British citizenship sub forum as the questions are not relevant to ILR sub forum.

2. No you must have 12 full months on ILR. There is no 28 day before concession for citizenship.

3. Yes you can travel.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Atifhameed59
Newly Registered

Post by Atifhameed59 » Fri Nov 23, 2018 8:16 pm

Hi,
Today I received my BRP (on basis of long residence 10 years route). It has an expiry date until 2024. I just want to know if this BRP expires after 2024 or it is renewable? And if its renewable then its the same procedure like application, then appointment or get it quickly without any hassle or formalities?
Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Nov 23, 2018 8:20 pm

Atifhameed59 wrote:
Fri Nov 23, 2018 8:16 pm
Hi,
Today I received my BRP (on basis of long residence 10 years route). It has an expiry date until 2024. I just want to know if this BRP expires after 2024 or it is renewable? And if its renewable then its the same procedure like application, then appointment or get it quickly without any hassle or formalities?
Thanks
The CARD expires, like a drivers licence, so you simply renew the card. Current cost is £56.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

Atifhameed59
Newly Registered

Post by Atifhameed59 » Fri Nov 23, 2018 8:26 pm

Ok thanks