ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Questions about net income and other stuff

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny

arsenal16
Newly Registered

Questions about net income and other stuff

Post by arsenal16 » Tue Nov 20, 2018 12:28 am

Hi all, i've used this forum many times for answers to questions and usually, i have always found the answer but can't this time.

My situation:

- British citizen by birth with 2 young british children
- Married to indian wife since 2008 and still together, so previous 5x FLR-M applications I didn't have to provide proof of income as we fell under the pre 2012 rules.

She has finally passed LIUK test so we can apply for ILR which i'm having some issues with:

Q1: For my income details, it asks if i get paid monthly, weekly etc. It then asks for net pay. Does this mean net pay for the period i have selected (for example monthly)? Or net pay for the whole year?

My problem is this - i am the director of a limited company so whilst my regular PAYE net pay is low, my overall income with dividends is high. I cannot find anywhere that i can include this extra income.

My income meets all requirements so that is not an issue, i just can't work out where to enter it.

Q2: 'List all the times you've been out of the uk' do i really have to do this for every holiday we've had in the last 10 years?

arsenal16
Newly Registered

Re: Questions about net income and other stuff

Post by arsenal16 » Tue Nov 20, 2018 12:31 am

Q3: Do you have any family in your country of birth, nationality or any other country where you have lived for more than 5 years?

To me, this sounds like they are only asking about country of birth or nationality and any other country APART from the UK. Am i correct in saying this? It sounds like they want to know this information about any OTHER countries where you have family, apart from the UK.

arsenal16
Newly Registered

Post by arsenal16 » Tue Nov 20, 2018 12:37 am

What a ridiculous form:

What is your partner's basis for living in the UK? BRITISH CITIZEN

How long have they had British citizenship? SINCE BIRTH

Then a few questions later....

How long has your partner lived in the UK? I ALREADY ANSWERED THAT PREVIOUSLY, SINCE BIRTH!!!

aman90
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by aman90 » Tue Nov 20, 2018 3:22 am

arsenal16 wrote:
Tue Nov 20, 2018 12:37 am
What a ridiculous form:

What is your partner's basis for living in the UK? BRITISH CITIZEN

How long have they had British citizenship? SINCE BIRTH

Then a few questions later....

How long has your partner lived in the UK? I ALREADY ANSWERED THAT PREVIOUSLY, SINCE BIRTH!!!
Not really.. what if the partner is a naturalised citizen..
Yes.. SHE has to mention all the times SHE’s left and entered UK.
And yes, any country in the world where she has lived for more than 5 years. Not just her birth country or the country she’s a national of..
I know an Indian national born in Denmark..
Every person applying has a unique background.

arsenal16
Newly Registered

Post by arsenal16 » Tue Nov 20, 2018 9:20 am

I sort of get your point but this is about the partner. Surely the form should recognise the fact that I’ve said the partner (me) is a british citizen by birth, so then the question about how long I’ve lived here is not relevant is it? Or perhaps there should be an option that says “since birth” like a lot of other forms have. It just doesn’t seem very well thought out and intuitive.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Nov 20, 2018 9:22 am

Note also that the form is generic. There are many British citizens by birth (descent), who have never lived in the UK (for example).
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

arsenal16
Newly Registered

Post by arsenal16 » Tue Nov 20, 2018 9:23 am

But anyway I guess it is what it is and we have to fill it in.

I still can’t understand the employment part for partner. As mentioned, I am a director and there is nowhere to enter additional income. Also, it asks for a letter from the employer confirming the job - how do I do this because I AM the employer? I can’t send a letter to myself confirming my employment.

R-graphite
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by R-graphite » Tue Nov 20, 2018 9:58 am

Hi I thought they care about gross salary not net pay? I really appreciate it if you can breakdown the questions regarding this part. Are you applying theought SET(M)?

R-graphite
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by R-graphite » Tue Nov 20, 2018 10:51 am

arsenal16 wrote:
Tue Nov 20, 2018 12:28 am
Hi all, i've used this forum many times for answers to questions and usually, i have always found the answer but can't this time.

My situation:

- British citizen by birth with 2 young british children
- Married to indian wife since 2008 and still together, so previous 5x FLR-M applications I didn't have to provide proof of income as we fell under the pre 2012 rules.

She has finally passed LIUK test so we can apply for ILR which i'm having some issues with:

Q1: For my income details, it asks if i get paid monthly, weekly etc. It then asks for net pay. Does this mean net pay for the period i have selected (for example monthly)? Or net pay for the whole year?

My problem is this - i am the director of a limited company so whilst my regular PAYE net pay is low, my overall income with dividends is high. I cannot find anywhere that i can include this extra income.

My income meets all requirements so that is not an issue, i just can't work out where to enter it.

Q2: 'List all the times you've been out of the uk' do i really have to do this for every holiday we've had in the last 10 years?
R-graphite wrote:
Tue Nov 20, 2018 9:58 am
Hi I thought they care about gross salary not net pay? I really appreciate it if you can breakdown the questions regarding this part. Are you applying theought SET(M)?
Sorry I was meant to quote you, I dont know how to edit my previous post!

R-graphite
Mood:
United Kingdom

Finance section SET(M)

Post by R-graphite » Tue Nov 20, 2018 10:53 am

Hi,

If you’ve gone through the online form for SET(M) can you please tell me if they ask about Net Pay or Gross salary pay before tax and NI.

Many thanks

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Finance section SET(M)

Post by zimba » Tue Nov 20, 2018 1:32 pm

R-graphite wrote:
Tue Nov 20, 2018 10:53 am
Hi,

If you’ve gone through the online form for SET(M) can you please tell me if they ask about Net Pay or Gross salary pay before tax and NI.

Many thanks
DO NOT start new topics, stick to this one ONLY :!:
It is gross salary.
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

R-graphite
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by R-graphite » Tue Nov 20, 2018 1:35 pm

Hi,

Many thanks
DO NOT start new topics, stick to this one ONLY :!:
It is gross salary.
Please accept my apology :|

arsenal16
Newly Registered

Post by arsenal16 » Tue Nov 20, 2018 8:59 pm

The question does definetly ask for net salary.

What is more confusing is that you have to first select how frequently you get paid, and then it asks for net salary so it makes it sound like net salary for that pediod (monthly for example).

What I don’t understand is that if I get dividends, where do I enter this?

Also it asks for a lot of employer confirmation about the job. But I am the director of the business so I can’t give myself the confirmation so what do i do instead?

arsenal16
Newly Registered

Post by arsenal16 » Tue Nov 20, 2018 10:07 pm

Sorry another question which i thought i'd ask on here instead of starting another topic.

I stopped claiming tax credits 6 months ago and by the time this ILR application is made, i will stop claiming child benefit (due to my salary being higher).

I don't claim any other benefits so do i select no on the public funds question even though i only stopped my child benefit this month?

arsenal16
Newly Registered

Post by arsenal16 » Wed Nov 21, 2018 12:20 am

Another question!

Wife has the required B1.1 level from trinity college but it was done in 2014 so doesn't have the unique ref number. Does she have to redo the test or is this still valid and if so, what do i put on the box where it asks for ref number?