ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Can Tax Return be an issue in ILR?

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Dea guy

Can Tax Return be an issue in ILR?

Post by Dea guy » Sun Nov 25, 2018 11:54 pm

Hi,

I have a question about Tax Return and its impact on ILR application. I am on Entrepreneur Visa Tier 1 and going to apply ILR after 6 months.
I am filing my Tax Return since i am director of my company.

I am not taking any salary or dividend from Company. I have business “A” and i also have another Technical skill Certificate like Gas Engineer. I am also making money from other than company. I was filing my accounts as a Separate. I declared on that accounts “i am director of a company and i have made some money as a self employed as well”.
Does it make any issue in ILR? Can HO ask when you are director of company then why are you filing tax return as a self employed in self assessment or why you making money from other source ???

Thanks

zimba
Mood:

Re: Can Tax Return be an issue in ILR?

Post by zimba » Mon Nov 26, 2018 1:16 am

No. This will not be an issue.
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

aman90
Diamond Member

Post by aman90 » Mon Nov 26, 2018 5:02 am

Sorry, if it’s not my place and you can choose not to answer.. but out of curiousity.. why didn’t you just work under the umbrella of your company and take a salary?

Dea guy

Post by Dea guy » Mon Nov 26, 2018 8:22 am

aman90 wrote:
Mon Nov 26, 2018 5:02 am
Sorry, if it’s not my place and you can choose not to answer.. but out of curiousity.. why didn’t you just work under the umbrella of your company and take a salary?
This work is related to my old customers. Mostly i take jobs and give other people on agreed base job payment. Sometimes i do myself own on weekend. Comoany business and this one is different. Do not want to mix up before ILR.

Dea guy

Post by Dea guy » Mon Nov 26, 2018 8:23 am

Zimba wrote:
Mon Nov 26, 2018 1:16 am
No. This will not be an issue.
Thank you Zimba.