ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Laminated documents for ILR

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

lifeRockss1

Laminated documents for ILR

Post by lifeRockss1 » Tue Dec 11, 2018 8:14 pm

Hi,

I am hearing mix suggestions about laminated documents not acceptable for ILR process.
Can someone please confirm whether or not its acceptable ?
I have my degree certificate and my marriage certificate laminated.

Cheers
-LR

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Laminated documents for ILR

Post by CR001 » Tue Dec 11, 2018 8:27 pm

On what visa basis are you applying for ILR?

The problem with laminating official documents such as degrees and marriage certs, is that it is impossible to verify their authenticity and whether they are genuine or not. It could be a home printed f a k e document for example.

Laminated documents are definitely not accepted for citizenship and passport applications for this reason.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

vinny

Post by vinny » Wed Dec 12, 2018 1:35 am

I believe they accept copies now. However, in the meantime, get unlaminated duplicates from the original providers of the documents, just in case.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

lifeRockss1

Post by lifeRockss1 » Wed Dec 12, 2018 10:32 am

Thanks CR001, I am applying based on 5 years on Tier 2 General. Based on your comment, i think better not to take risk and get the new ones done or delaminated.

lifeRockss1

Post by lifeRockss1 » Wed Dec 12, 2018 10:33 am

Thanks Vinny, yes will do that.