ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse ILR on PBS dependant route , Husband claiming Child Benefit

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

ikishanji
Newly Registered
India

Spouse ILR on PBS dependant route , Husband claiming Child Benefit

Post by ikishanji » Mon Jan 14, 2019 9:14 pm

Hi

I found my question in this forum but unanswered.

I am British Citizen now, and my wife is PBS(Tier 2 General) Dependant.
I started to claim Child Benefit of 82.80(per month) for my child once I got my ILR(some 4 years ago).

Now my wife is eligible for ILR and Application form has a question :

"Do you or anyone else who is part of this application receive any public funds? (Required)

Include details for your partner or child if you have one. Examples of public funds include Income Support, Child Benefit, Housing Benefit, Council Tax Benefit, Carer’s Allowance and Disability Living Allowance. See a full list."

On guidance page it is mentioned that for ILR one should not be claiming public Funds.
Should I say Yes or No here ?

Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Spouse ILR on PBS dependant route , Husband claiming Child Benefit

Post by CR001 » Tue Jan 15, 2019 8:16 am

Saying no would not be the truth.

Say yes, you are permitted to claim in your name once you have ILR, no effect on spouse ILR.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

UFAR
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by UFAR » Sat Jan 19, 2019 9:49 pm

Sorry for hijacking this thread but I in a similar situation as OP and would just like to point out something that OP mentioned.

I haven't looked at the online form yet (will start filling it out soon) but if the wording on the online form reads

"Do you or anyone else who is part of this application receive any public funds? (Required)

then according to my understanding, the dependent is the only person who is part of this application and not the main applicant as they are already a British citizen. So in this case as long the dependent is not taking any public funds, the answer to this should be "No".

Can CR001(I understand you are not familiar with the online forms but your opinion matters), any other moderator or someone who had been in a similar situation and has successfully received ILR answer this question?

Chantalfbook
Newly Registered

Post by Chantalfbook » Wed Jan 23, 2019 12:43 am

Ufar I understand it the way you do now with CR001 answer I’m now confused. My husband and daughter are the applicants. I am a british citizen now and started claiming this after my ILR in 2014 was granted. I answered no but I’m not sure if that is correct.

kalven

Post by kalven » Tue Feb 12, 2019 6:24 pm

Hello

Please could you confirm if it is a YES OR NO that I should select in the application ??

tt007
Newly Registered
India

Post by tt007 » Wed Feb 13, 2019 12:59 pm

I think it should be NO, as it clearly says anyone on this application. So if husband claiming CB and wife (dependent) applying. Wife should say NO.

kiraneee
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by kiraneee » Tue Nov 12, 2019 7:09 pm

kalven wrote:
Tue Feb 12, 2019 6:24 pm
Hello

Please could you confirm if it is a YES OR NO that I should select in the application ??

---------------
Hi Kalven,

is it yes or not i should select

thank you

kalven

Post by kalven » Wed Nov 13, 2019 4:14 pm

Hello

The question is - is either your or your spouse claiming any benefits? I might not be able to say applicant does not.. So I had to select either YES or NO.. as I do claim, I would say YES.. but is that correct?