ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Long ten years route

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

saleemkhan1

ILR Long ten years route

Post by saleemkhan1 » Sun Jan 20, 2019 9:20 am

Hi,

Hope all are well. I have few queries and it would be highly appreciated if you could reply! I am going to apply on ten years route for ILR;

My wife goes on FLR(FP) 10 year Partner route (4 x 2.5 year visas), still she would need to qualify English test? if yes, which English test she needs to pass?

Second, Do I need to pass the 'life in the UK test' before applying ILR or it is the condition when apply for citizenship. How in advance can I apply for booking for the test before applying for ILR.

Thanks

Casa

Re: ILR Long ten years route

Post by Casa » Sun Jan 20, 2019 9:58 am

saleemkhan1 wrote:
Sun Jan 20, 2019 9:20 am
Hi,

Hope all are well. I have few queries and it would be highly appreciated if you could reply! I am going to apply on ten years route for ILR;

My wife goes on FLR(FP) 10 year Partner route (4 x 2.5 year visas), still she would need to qualify English test? if yes, which English test she needs to pass? Why isn't your wife able to apply for FLR(M) :?:

Second, Do I need to pass the 'life in the UK test' before applying ILR or it is the condition when apply for citizenship. How in advance can I apply for booking for the test before applying for ILR. Yes, you need to pass the LIUK test. B1 level English is also required, unless you are from one of the exempt categories.

Thanks
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

saleemkhan1

Post by saleemkhan1 » Sun Jan 20, 2019 10:08 am

Thanks Casa!
Why isn't your wife able to apply for FLR(M)?

Actually I am on student status and we both are not earning £18600. Someone advised me if we are not fulfilled the £18600 criteria, then the wife has to go for ten years route. I am very confused and have no idea which visa my wife would apply at the time I apply. I am on student visa and my wife is not working, therefore not earning the required amount. Please advice which visa she needs to apply.

B1 level English is also required, unless you are from one of the exempt categories.

I have completed master degree and higher here in the UK Universities, still I would need B1 level English?

Thanks

Casa

Post by Casa » Sun Jan 20, 2019 10:15 am

saleemkhan1 wrote:
Sun Jan 20, 2019 10:08 am
Thanks Casa!
Why isn't your wife able to apply for FLR(M)?

Actually I am on student status and we both are not earning £18600. Someone advised me if we are not fulfilled the £18600 criteria, then the wife has to go for ten years route. I am very confused and have no idea which visa my wife would apply at the time I apply. I am on student visa and my wife is not working, therefore not earning the required amount. Please advice which visa she needs to apply.
FLR(FP) Partner route, but be prepared to wait for a decision which can take up to 12 months, with no guarantee of success. Do you have children together?

B1 level English is also required, unless you are from one of the exempt categories.

I have completed master degree and higher here in the UK Universities, still I would need B1 level English?
No.
Thanks
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

saleemkhan1

Post by saleemkhan1 » Sun Jan 20, 2019 11:02 am

Thanks. Yes we have one child (a year old) and has born here in the UK. I got the baby birth certificate etc. we never took the baby outside since her birth.

Thanks

saleemkhan1

Post by saleemkhan1 » Sun Jan 20, 2019 11:06 am

Really sorry, I forgot to ask. if my wife goes on FLR(FP) Partner route, she would still need to pass B1 English test. If yes then we need to start work on it. Many thanks