ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Long Residence ILR

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Moni84
Newly Registered
Bangladesh

Long Residence ILR

Post by Moni84 » Sun Jan 20, 2019 1:56 pm

Hi Everyone,
I would really appreciate if someone suggests me about my case:
I arrived in the United Kingdom on 26 January 2010, with an entry clearance as a student, valid from 05 January 2010 until 18 May 2013. I made an application for further leave to remain as a student on May 2013 and was granted further leave to remain on 05 July 2013, until 22 September 2015.
In that period I had to change college 1 times because of home office issued 60 days curtailment letter dated On 26 June 2014 due to withdrawal of sponsorship from my college.On 30 August I made an application for further leave to remain as a student (before expired )
On 26 May 2015 I receive refusal letter with appeal right.
On 02 June 15 appealed first trials tribunal
On 03 December 2015 apply FLR FP (dependent as a British spouse)
On 04 December withdrawal appeals
On 20 December received acknowledge letter
On 30 December received BRP letter
On 11 January 16 BRP done
Home office issued letter dated On 10 March 2016 as a invalid application
Dew to my appeal was pending.
But my solicitor received letter dated on 8 April 16(it was miss placed)
I made a fresh application for further leave to remain as a dependent of British spouse (FLR-FP). On 18 April 2016. (On cover letter mentioned above letter which was received 08 April instead of 10 March .write to consider application under 3c/d continue leave immigration act 1971)
and was granted further leave to remain on 4 December 2017 until 6 June 2020
On 26 January 2020 will be 10 years long residence.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Moderator edit: No questions please in the TIMELINE THREAD ONLY

zimba
Mood:

Re: Long Residence ILR

Post by zimba » Mon Jan 21, 2019 2:23 am

To me your lawful residence is broken. The fact that your solicitor received the letter in April rather than March does not change the fact that your FLR application was invalid as you had a pending appeal. When your application was returned as invalid, your section 3C assumed to have ended the day you withdrew your appeal. So your lawful residence was not continuous between 04 December 2015 and 04 December 2017.
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice