ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Application

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

satheesshan
Newly Registered

ILR Application

Post by satheesshan » Sun Jan 20, 2019 6:08 pm

Hi All

my wife and i and in the process of preparing for the ILR application, my wife is on the 5 year route on Spouce visa.

first visa granted: 25th March 2014 till 25th Sept 2016 (2 years and 6 months, 30 months)
2nd extension was granted: 19th Sept 2016 till 25 Mach 2019 (2 years 6 months. 30 months)

i guess this totals the 5 years,

when can i apply for ILR?, i am going premium service.
it sates she needs on the Visa for 5 years, which sould mean the earlist she can apply is 25th of March 2019?
but looking some of the posts and looking at guides it says application can be made 28 days before the expiray of Visa.

1) can i apply on the 25th Feb 2019?
2) if apply on the 25th Feb 2019, does it still satisify the the requirtment of 5 years, as on the date of application she will be 28 days short of 5 years

Casa

Re: ILR Application

Post by Casa » Sun Jan 20, 2019 6:19 pm

On what date did you wife enter the UK on her original Spouse Settlement visa :?:
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Jan 20, 2019 6:20 pm

first visa granted: 25th March 2014 till 25th Sept 2016 (2 years and 6 months, 30 months)
2nd extension was granted: 19th Sept 2016 till 25 Mach 2019 (2 years 6 months. 30 months)
Was the first visa issued outside the UK?? If yes, what date did your spouse ENTER the UK on the visa?
it sates she needs on the Visa for 5 years, which sould mean the earlist she can apply is 25th of March 2019?
but looking some of the posts and looking at guides it says application can be made 28 days before the expiray of Visa.
No sooner than within 28 days before reaching 60 months residence. Note that there is no longer a premium same day decision service. The centres have been closed. You will need to apply online and then choose the service you want, ie postal or through UKCVAS centres.
It depends on the first question I asked.
2) if apply on the 25th Feb 2019, does it still satisify the the requirtment of 5 years, as on the date of application she will be 28 days short of 5 years
The rules permit applications to be made WITHIN 28 days before reaching the residence requirement for all ILR applications.

Edit : beaten by Casa :wink:
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

satheesshan
Newly Registered

Post by satheesshan » Sun Jan 20, 2019 7:25 pm

Casa wrote:
Sun Jan 20, 2019 6:19 pm
On what date did you wife enter the UK on her original Spouse Settlement visa :?:
She was on Tier 1 Visa before that, since 2010.
she switeched from Tier 1 to Spouce on the 25th March 2014

satheesshan
Newly Registered

Post by satheesshan » Sun Jan 20, 2019 7:30 pm

CR001 wrote:
Sun Jan 20, 2019 6:20 pm
Was the first visa issued outside the UK?? If yes, what date did your spouse ENTER the UK on the visa?

she was Tier 1 after her masters, since 2010, applied for the Spouce on the 25th March 2014 (premium service) .
No sooner than within 28 days before reaching 60 months residence. Note that there is no longer a premium same day decision service. The centres have been closed. You will need to apply online and then choose the service you want, ie postal or through UKCVAS centres.

ok that sounds the 28 days applies to her as well,

i did not know the premium service centers have closed now. ok so need to find out how this works now.
It depends on the first question I asked.
The rules permit applications to be made WITHIN 28 days before reaching the residence requirement for all ILR applications.

thanks for the clarification.

Edit : beaten by Casa :wink:

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Jan 20, 2019 7:33 pm

She can apply anytime from 25th February. Don't apply too early by submitting the online form.

Link to new service info below.

indefinite-leave-to-remain/online-appli ... 70084.html
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

satheesshan
Newly Registered

Post by satheesshan » Sun Jan 20, 2019 9:58 pm

Thank you for help.

just wanted to double check, given this new application system as well.

she was on Tier 1 post study visa and then she switched to spouce after our marriage.

1) she did not enter UK on Spouce or Marriage Visa
2) she is in the UK for about 8 years till now, of which the spource visa started on 25 march 2014.

she can apply from 25th Feb 2019 onwards?

Casa

Post by Casa » Sun Jan 20, 2019 10:14 pm

CR001 wrote:
Sun Jan 20, 2019 7:33 pm
She can apply anytime from 25th February.

indefinite-leave-to-remain/online-appli ... 70084.html
:idea:
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

satheesshan
Newly Registered

Post by satheesshan » Sun Mar 03, 2019 1:44 pm

Need some urgent help please.

I think my wife and I have made an oversight

Life in the UK Test.

in the application form it asked it she passed, we said NO and said NO for exemption,
it then went to ask her UK degree qualfication, she has a masters degree so choose that option

we submitted paid for the application and have to go crody centre for bio metrics on 13th March

does she need Life in UK Test? if so how can get this done, can we cancel the current application and resubmit.

given the fast approching deadlien of 25th march, my wife intededs to take crash study course and get this test out of the way asap.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Sun Mar 03, 2019 3:18 pm

satheesshan wrote:
Sun Mar 03, 2019 1:44 pm
Need some urgent help please.

I think my wife and I have made an oversight

Life in the UK Test.

in the application form it asked it she passed, we said NO and said NO for exemption,
it then went to ask her UK degree qualfication, she has a masters degree so choose that option

we submitted paid for the application and have to go crody centre for bio metrics on 13th March

does she need Life in UK Test? if so how can get this done, can we cancel the current application and resubmit.

given the fast approching deadlien of 25th march, my wife intededs to take crash study course and get this test out of the way asap.
Life in UK is NOT an equivalent of English Requirement. English Requirement you can fulfill via English Level B1 or UK Master’s Degree but LIUK is compulsory for all. There is no exemption unless a few cases like below 18, over 65, refugee etc.

You wife should take Life in UK asap and send with your documents otherwise visa will be refused and you will loose your fee also.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Sun Mar 03, 2019 3:21 pm

Did you apply via new system? You get 2 months to provide biometrics with new system. The best you can do is delay your biometric appointment becauee your application will only be considered once you will provide those. Get the LIUK test asap and attach a cover letter and LIUK certificate along with your documents when you attend biometric appointment and verify your documents.

If you will provide biometrics without LIUK on 13th March your visa application will be considered and refused due to the fact you did not take LIUK.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

satheesshan
Newly Registered

Post by satheesshan » Sun Mar 03, 2019 3:51 pm

Thank you for the replies,

yep i just booked the LIUK test for 11th march, my wife has going take week out of work to study and go for this, sighhhhh...

i do not understand this, why did the application system let me form, we answered NO for LIUK and NO for exemptions.

ok so the plan is delay the biometrics from 13th march to date closer to 25th march,
get this test done on the 11th (hopfully she will pass it).

if my wife takes the test on 11th and goes well, can we still go ahead with the application somewhere near the 25th march?

satheesshan
Newly Registered

Post by satheesshan » Sun Mar 03, 2019 3:55 pm

we paid for the super priority service as well so that over 3K, i do not want to looses,

i want to have plan B also if she doesnt pass on the 11th

can we ask for refund of application and based on the results either go Set M or extend spouce visa for anoter 2.5 years?

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Sun Mar 03, 2019 4:20 pm

satheesshan wrote:
Sun Mar 03, 2019 3:51 pm
Thank you for the replies,

yep i just booked the LIUK test for 11th march, my wife has going take week out of work to study and go for this, sighhhhh...

i do not understand this, why did the application system let me form, we answered NO for LIUK and NO for exemptions.

ok so the plan is delay the biometrics from 13th march to date closer to 25th march,
get this test done on the 11th (hopfully she will pass it).

if my wife takes the test on 11th and goes well, can we still go ahead with the application somewhere near the 25th march?
The biometric date is irrelevant. The online application submission date is the date of application. The day you paid and submitted, that day is your application date and it is in time (before expiry of visa).
If your wife passes on 11th, thats the best so you can go ahead and attend your biometric appointment.
Print out the application form (that Life in UK) specific page, manually correct it with a pen. Upload it along with your other docs and LIUK certificate with a cover letter explaining.
You should be okay then.

Incase she does not pass on 11th, just dont attend your biometric appointment. I dont know if you can delay that or reschedule with UKVCAS. You can attend biometric appointment within 2 months. The further actions page would have given you a last date to submit biometrics?

Just attend the biometrics appointment when you have the LIUK test handy and follow as above.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Sun Mar 03, 2019 4:25 pm

You should have known the rules before applying. The form asks a generic question.

Have you taken LIUK? You should have said yes (and you should have taken the LIUK before applying).

If you say no, then obviously it asks if you are exempted. For example a refugee filling out a form or someone over 65 is exempted. So in that case you will say no.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Sun Mar 03, 2019 4:34 pm

I dont know if I am allowed to post third party website links on this forum as the moderators wont allow that.

Instead of posting the link, I will try giving a hint so you can google and find out.

You can google and write “Life in UK web”. The link which has 15 exams. Follow “exams” NOT “tests”. The “exam” tabs are blue in color.

I myself including my wife’s family (parents and sibling) (in total 5) and many people I know(around 10), all passed only through doing those 15 exams. The questions were identical. We did not read any book etc.

I am just trying to help out, as I really want your wife to pass the test on 11th!

Having said the above, that is my personal suggestion/experience only but I can almost guarantee that if she does those 15 exams she will pass. The time is short so i wanted to share.

satheesshan
Newly Registered

Post by satheesshan » Sun Mar 03, 2019 4:55 pm

thanks eveyone for the support.

agreed we should have known, this was a genunie mistake.

we made the application today, and booked the Croydon center for 13th march.

we spent the next week helping my wife making sure she passes.

we have done everyting by the book so far, so hopeing it will go well.

satheesshan
Newly Registered

Post by satheesshan » Sun Mar 03, 2019 4:59 pm

just for information

Visa expiry: 25th march
application submitted: 3rd March
bio center appiot: 13 march

so we have till 3rd may to get this done, but plan A is 11th march LIUK test with a pass and go to the center on 13th and get this over with.

what happens if we cant resedule and do not attend the 13th march appiomtent, can we make another appiotment with in 3rd may?

Casa

Post by Casa » Sun Mar 03, 2019 5:09 pm

satheesshan wrote:
Sun Mar 03, 2019 4:59 pm
just for information

Visa expiry: 25th march
application submitted: 3rd March
bio center appiot: 13 march

so we have till 3rd may to get this done, but plan A is 11th march LIUK test with a pass and go to the center on 13th and get this over with.

what happens if we cant resedule and do not attend the 13th march appiomtent, can we make another appiotment with in 3rd may?
Why until the 3rd May :?: :?
(Casa, not CR001)

satheesshan
Newly Registered

Post by satheesshan » Sun Mar 03, 2019 5:28 pm

hi Casa

no plans to wait till 3rd may, plan is get it out of the way asap.

just wanted to know if there is a needs to delay from 13 march, what procedure can i follow,
been advised not to attend the bio on 13th march if my wife does't pass LIUK on 11th.

i would rather phone someone up and explain the situation and gain an extra week or two, to give my wife 2nd cance to get the LIUK test done.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Sun Mar 03, 2019 5:39 pm

Log in to your UKVI account. Check the further action page. What is the last day showing to give biometrics?

satheesshan
Newly Registered

Post by satheesshan » Sun Mar 03, 2019 8:24 pm

it shows i need to book an appiotment by 3rd of May

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Sun Mar 03, 2019 8:28 pm

satheesshan wrote:
Sun Mar 03, 2019 8:24 pm
it shows i need to book an appiotment by 3rd of May
Thats fine then. Worst case scenerio(God forbid if your wife does not pass on 11th), just try to reschedule your biometric appointment but provide before 3rd May.

I am not aware how to reschedule biometric appointment (if needed) with UKVCAS though. You need to look into that.

satheesshan
Newly Registered

Post by satheesshan » Wed Mar 06, 2019 9:04 pm

just an update,

the new appiotment booking service through third party does allow you to cancel the appiotment, and then it allows to rebook.

Document scanning - i cant see this service being provided at any center? is this part of the CORE Service?

satheesshan
Newly Registered

Post by satheesshan » Sat Mar 23, 2019 10:50 pm

All - Thanks you for the suuport

everythink went through sucesfully

just an FYI - we used the super proority services,

9.30AM - appiotment
1:30AM - got email saying ILR was granted.

same day