ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

SET-LR

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

ssardar
Newly Registered

IHS fees and ILR premium Service

Post by ssardar » Fri Oct 05, 2018 12:38 pm

I have got my Tier 1 extension which is for another 2 years, expiring in Aug 2020. I will be eligible to apply to ILR on 10 years route so I had few questions.

1. Will I have to pay for IHS fees again as I have not used the benefits of 2 years fees that was £400 paid.
2. What is the time frame of getting an answer to premium ILR application. I have noticed that in post application processing time is from 2-5 months.

Many Thanks,

Sharoon

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: IHS fees and ILR premium Service

Post by CR001 » Fri Oct 05, 2018 12:40 pm

1. There is no IHS payable for ILR.

2. Usually same day decision but it is not guaranteed if HO need to do extra checks.

DO you have dependents in the UK?
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

ssardar
Newly Registered

SET-LR

Post by ssardar » Mon Mar 18, 2019 9:48 pm

Dear Friends,

I am eligible to apply for ILR visa SET-LR and I am thinking to compile the file myself and choose the window option. I want to know is it something you need a solicitor or you can do it yourself?

If somebody can please guide me in the following form specific questions:

1. Do you have any other reasons for wanting to stay in the UK?
I have other reasons for wanting to stay in the UK ( I selected this option)

2. For example, evidence of an active relationship with a child or parent or medical evidence such as
evidence of serious ill health.

In 2, can I write about my existing ties over the last 10 years in terms Uk Study, job, friends circle etc?

Also, is there any maintenance or minimum salary requirement for this category?

Many Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: SET-LR

Post by CR001 » Mon Mar 18, 2019 9:54 pm

I am eligible to apply for ILR visa SET-LR and I am thinking to compile the file myself and choose the window option. I want to know is it something you need a solicitor or you can do it yourself?
No need for a solicitor. Many (most members) do applications themselves. Note that there is no longer a 'window same day premium service'. The PSC's have closed. You apply online now and can choose to use the new UKCVAS service.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

ssardar
Newly Registered

Re: SET-LR

Post by ssardar » Tue Mar 19, 2019 10:33 pm

Many thanks for the reply.

I am filling the online application form and as an evidence they need 2 years of bills etc to show that me and my wife were living at the same address.
It has been a less than a year I got married and neither me or my wife is a dependant. It is solely an application for myself so will the bills/documents up to 7-8 months old will be acceptable?

Thanks