ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Rafugee Status to Long Residence ILR

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Easytiger
Newly Registered
Botswana

Rafugee Status to Long Residence ILR

Post by Easytiger » Fri May 10, 2019 10:00 pm

Dear friends
I have a complicated case any Experience Reply will be much appreciated and Prays

I am living Uk since 2002 with ILR as Refugee basis . I can’t apply British Nationality due to My Criminal Record ( ended up In Fight Saving some one and Got sentence 18 month ) So 15 years can’t apply British Citizen .
Question !! Can I Apply ILR On Long Residence basis ( though I already have ILR ) Some solicitor said I cant As I already have ILR . But I want to leave Refugee Status ILR as I can’t get my country origin Passport . 🙏🏼Complicated 👈 So what do I do Now . Loads of countries can’t issue visa on Refugee Travel documents I have bussiness so need to travel to Dubai . Can’t go back to Origin country
Father passed away couldn’t go now Mum is ill I am really Upset 🙇🏽‍♂️Please guide me with experience help
Once again came 2002 got Refugee Status 2004 As Indefinite L R . Since then working in Uk Married Wife British Born have kids Born they have British Passport .
Thanks for every one Who reply with Some advice

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Re: Rafugee Status to Long Residence ILR

Post by CULLINAN » Sat May 11, 2019 12:30 am

There is a special document that you can request HO to provide you incase you want to travel to your home country for medical/emergency reasons. You can get home country visa on that document.

Someone I know did the same, but I will leave the moderators to confirm. Its a black document if I am correct. Please correct me if wrong.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat May 11, 2019 7:12 am

So 15 years can’t apply British Citizen .
Why 15 years??

You cannot apply for ILR under another category or route if you already have ILR.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Easytiger
Newly Registered
Botswana

Post by Easytiger » Sun May 12, 2019 2:20 am

Thanks for comments
“ if some one Had sentence of over 12 months not eligible for British Citizen ship for 15 years that’s what been told .
Secondly also been told since I have ILR I can apply Country of Origin passport and transfer ILR which is also “NO TIME LIMIT “ status . But since I was given Refugee Status In 2003 would that not effect if I contact my Country of origin Embassy.
2 ) what Do I do then I am in limp ? Need advice

Thanks for Advice for Documents Will Ask HO
Need more advice please on my Enquire

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Sun May 12, 2019 2:29 am

Easytiger wrote:
Sun May 12, 2019 2:20 am
Thanks for comments
“ if some one Had sentence of over 12 months not eligible for British Citizen ship for 15 years that’s what been told .
Secondly also been told since I have ILR I can apply Country of Origin passport and transfer ILR which is also “NO TIME LIMIT “ status . But since I was given Refugee Status In 2003 would that not effect if I contact my Country of origin Embassy.
2 ) what Do I do then I am in limp ? Need advice

Thanks for Advice for Documents Will Ask HO
Need more advice please on my Enquire
Its called “certificate of travel” (black). I know someone who went to home country on it due to compelling sister’s medical reasons while was a refugee in UK.

Read point 5

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... 1_2018.pdf
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun May 12, 2019 11:00 am

Can you post the official Home Office link that specifically states this??

I strongly suggest you do not do this as your ILR could be revoked.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Easytiger
Newly Registered
Botswana

Post by Easytiger » Sun May 12, 2019 7:49 pm

c. Certificates of Travel (black) will normally be valid to all countries except those from which asylum was sought and/or your country or origin.

“And For citizen ship Its comes under Good characters Rules”

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Sun May 12, 2019 8:26 pm

Easytiger wrote:
Sun May 12, 2019 7:49 pm
c. Certificates of Travel (black) will normally be valid to all countries except those from which asylum was sought and/or your country or origin.

“And For citizen ship Its comes under Good characters Rules”
As I said, I am not entirely sure but I know someone who went to home country and got this black document. Then got the visa on this document to go to home country. Someone else maybe able to guide better.

tallojani

Post by tallojani » Mon May 13, 2019 11:10 am

I also know someone who used this "black" travel document to go back to their country or origin but when they returned to apply for British citizenship the home office issued deception clause to them and revoked their ILR. It has now been 14 months he is still fighting this in the court with no avail.
May Allah swt make it easy for us all

Easytiger
Newly Registered
Botswana

Refugee Status Crime Can not Apply citizenship Help

Post by Easytiger » Sat May 18, 2019 12:27 am

I have Refugee Status since 2003 But due to have a one bad Crime I am unable to Apply Citizenship . What do I do I have to go to My country to see my family As dad passed away

zimba
Mood:

Re: Refugee Status Crime Can not Apply citizenship Help

Post by zimba » Mon May 20, 2019 2:06 am

Easytiger wrote:
Sat May 18, 2019 12:27 am
I have Refugee Status since 2003 But due to have a one bad Crime I am unable to Apply Citizenship . What do I do I have to go to My country to see my family As dad passed away
You cannot go back as you were granted refugee status. This should be clear to you by now. Going back could lead to your ILR being revoked
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice