ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier2 to ILR after 5 years - validating my approach

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

flyhigh15
Newly Registered

Tier2 to ILR after 5 years - validating my approach

Post by flyhigh15 » Mon May 20, 2019 11:21 pm

Hello,

I am now due for the ILR application of my family and want to validate my thinking for how I must go about.

We moved into UK in July 2014 on a Tier 2 General visa that started in June 2014. We renewed it in 2017 valid until June 2020.

In 2014 it was our daughter, wife and myself who moved to London. Since then we now also have a son born in UK in 2016.

I need to get my ILR done on priority so that I can look out for further jobs and move jobs quickly without every time being asked the question of weather need sponsorship.

Is there any issues with my approach below:
My visa - Apply for ILR 24 hours decision service in June 2019
Wife - Apply ILR (regular timeframe to save cost) in July/Aug 2019 after my application to avoid running about all the paperwork at the same time.
Daugher (6 yrs, India born) - same as for wife above
Son (2 yrs, UK born) - After my and wife's ILR has been granted, directly apply for his UK passport based on both parents being now settled in UK.

Does this all make sense?

zimba
Mood:

Re: Tier2 to ILR after 5 years - validating my approach

Post by zimba » Tue May 21, 2019 2:23 am

Looks fine however your son cannot get British passport before registering as British first (form MN1). The good news is that you can do it after your ILR no need to wait for your wife
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

flyhigh15
Newly Registered

Re: Tier2 to ILR after 5 years - validating my approach

Post by flyhigh15 » Tue May 21, 2019 11:37 pm

Thanks Zimba.