ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

scanning documents for ILR

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

naz98
Newly Registered

Set m Birmingham centre - scanning

Post by naz98 » Tue Jul 02, 2019 5:48 pm

Hey
I wanted to find out I have booked my husband ILR (M) premium service at birmingham wanted to find out will they scan the documents for me on the day or do I scan the documents and take it with me. Do they accept photocopies. Tha ks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Set m Birmingham centre - scanning

Post by CR001 » Tue Jul 02, 2019 5:54 pm

Depends what service you have paid.

Majority of applicant scan their own documents.

You need to take originals with to your appointment in case they need to be rescanned.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

naz98
Newly Registered

Re: Set m Birmingham centre - scanning

Post by naz98 » Tue Jul 02, 2019 6:39 pm

CR001 wrote:
Tue Jul 02, 2019 5:54 pm
Depends what service you have paid.

Majority of applicant scan their own documents.

You need to take originals with to your appointment in case they need to be rescanned.
I have paid extra £100 but how do I scan the documents and take it with can you guide me please,Thanks will be really appreciated

naz98
Newly Registered

scanning documents for ILR

Post by naz98 » Tue Jul 02, 2019 6:45 pm

Hi
Quick question do we scan and print and take it with us or do we scan it and save it in a USB. Please guide me thanks.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: scanning documents for ILR

Post by CR001 » Tue Jul 02, 2019 6:57 pm

You need originals NOT a USB stick.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

naz98
Newly Registered

Post by naz98 » Tue Jul 02, 2019 7:03 pm

HEY sorry its first time on this group I understand it has to be oringnal how do I take scan documents with me to the premium service for ILR. thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Jul 02, 2019 7:06 pm

naz98 wrote:
Tue Jul 02, 2019 7:03 pm
HEY sorry its first time on this group I understand it has to be oringnal how do I take scan documents with me to the premium service for ILR. thanks
Not sure what it is you don't understand. You scan originals and take the originals with to your appointment. If you are uploading a pdf, you need to print it too.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

saleemkhan1

Post by saleemkhan1 » Tue Jul 02, 2019 8:10 pm

Naz,

Sorry for intervention. You have paid £100 extra that includes scanning service. The Sopra Steria office guys will scan your each document. so you need to take all the original documents with you, they will scan and return your original documents.

If you want to scan and upload yourself, then find a scanner anywhere, public library is the best place. Ask the librarian that how to scan documents into pdf and save in a folder if you dont know how to do it! Once you scan and save all the documents in your folder. Copy past your folder in your USB stick. Open your computer and insert your USB stick, check all the scanned documents in your folder. Log in to your Sopra Steria and start uploading your documents to the relevant sections. Thats it.

Hope it helps!

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Tue Jul 02, 2019 11:37 pm

naz98 wrote:
Tue Jul 02, 2019 6:45 pm
Hi
Quick question do we scan and print and take it with us or do we scan it and save it in a USB. Please guide me thanks.
Once you pay and submit your application, you will be directed to create an account on the sopra website where you will be able to upload your scanned documents and book the UKVCAS appointment for biometrics.
As CR001 take the originals with you just incase it they have to scan it again due to poor resolution etc.
If you paid extra for scanning service you can take your original documents to the centre and they will scan it for you.
But always best to scan and upload before the appointment to make sure you have done everything properly for your peace of mind. Sopra staff is not immigration staff so they don't know anything about immigration rules. You have to make sure everything is uploaded as per the guidance and checklist. Even if you scan yourself before the appointment best to take originals with you but they wont see any documents except for the original passport and appointment letter.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.