ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

English language (GESE Grade 5 B1 test) for ILR provisional result accepted?

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Safer143
Newly Registered
Mood:
Australia

English language (GESE Grade 5 B1 test) for ILR provisional result accepted?

Post by Safer143 » Tue Jul 09, 2019 9:25 am

Hi dear members and moderators, hope all well!
I am applying ILR for my wife using new services. (decision in 24 hours)
she has passed her GESE GRADE 5 B1 test today and got a provisional result, I am just wandering she can use this result for her ILR application or she has to wait for the certificate in the post?
your kind suggestion and any comments highly appreciated.

vinny

Re: English language (GESE Grade 5 B1 test) for ILR provisional result accepted?

Post by vinny » Tue Jul 09, 2019 9:35 am

Knowledge of language and life in the UK
Applications made on or after 12 November 2015 for naturalisation and on or after 19 November 2015 for settlement
For naturalisation applications made on or after 12 November 2015 and settlement applications made on or after 19 November 2015, the only tests that are acceptable are qualifications covering speaking and listening at B1 or above from the Secure English Language Test (SELT) list in the Immigration Rules, Appendix O.
No other tests are acceptable and the test must be taken at an approved test centre.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

Safer143
Newly Registered
Mood:
Australia

Re: English language (GESE Grade 5 B1 test) for ILR provisional result accepted?

Post by Safer143 » Tue Jul 09, 2019 10:00 am

Hi, thanks, dear Vinnay!
I just read the guidance said you don't need to provide a certificate just provide URN. However, I filled online application which asked to provide the certificate.
please, could you clarify what should I do from your experience?
many thanks again

Safer143
Newly Registered
Mood:
Australia

Post by Safer143 » Tue Jul 09, 2019 11:20 am

anyone please can guide me if you have faced a similar situation.
As I would like to submit an application as soon as possible.
many thanks