ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Form SET(M) -- Guidance required for the questions in this form

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

hunnysia
Newly Registered
India

ILR Application - 196 days absent - maternity

Post by hunnysia » Fri Jul 19, 2019 1:02 pm

Hi,
I have completed 5 years in UK, I came to UK on Dependant visa, My husband is now British Citizen.

I want to apply for ILR application however, I came to india for my baby delivery and stayed in india for 198 days. ( From May to Nov 2018)
I read in the website that from 11 Jan 2018, the rule continuity residency has changed and i can not live outside UK for more than 180 days any 12 months.

I am going to apply for ILR in August 2019. & if i calculate the outside days from august 2019 to august 2018 its only 85 days.

I am not sure, what should i do, shall i apply for ILR or FLR?

Can somebody help me on this?

Thanks!

zimba
Mood:

Re: ILR Application - 196 days absent - maternity

Post by zimba » Fri Jul 19, 2019 1:30 pm

The 180 days rule only applies to PBS dependants whose visa was issued AFTER 11 Jan 2018. When was you last visa issued ?
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

hunnysia
Newly Registered
India

Post by hunnysia » Mon Jul 22, 2019 9:22 pm

Thank you so much for the reply.Much Appreciated!!

I came to UK in June 2014 & my Visa was till Feb 2017.
My last visa was issued on Feb 2017 which is expiring on Aug 2019.

As per your reply, I should be able to apply for ILR application. Is that correct?

Thank You!

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Mon Jul 22, 2019 11:08 pm

Yes, you have no absence limit
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

hunnysia
Newly Registered
India

Post by hunnysia » Tue Jul 23, 2019 2:29 pm

Thank you!

hunnysia
Newly Registered
India

Form SET(M) -- Guidance required for the questions in this form

Post by hunnysia » Tue Jul 30, 2019 6:50 pm

Hi Team,

I first came to UK in June 2014 on Spouse Visa. My Husband was ILR on that time.

Now, I completed 5 years and and My husband is a British citizen. We have a one year old daughter who is British citizen.

My Visa is due in August, I am applying for ILR via SET(M) Form. I hope this is correct?

This Form has many questions which is bit confusing and different from FLR form. Can someone please guide me on below queries.

Question 1 : Other grounds for wanting to stay in the UK-Do you have any other reasons for wanting to stay in the UK?
Please suggest, What should I fill in this question?

Question 2 : Could you and your partner live together outside the UK if necessary?
Please suggest, Shall I mention yes or No here? Did not understand the reason for this question?

Question 3 : In financial Section, I am providing details of my husband's income ( he is permanent employee).
I am also permanent employee and working, Shall I provide all my income as well?

Question 4 : There is no question which asks for my child details. shall I mention about my child in some separate letter or not?

For below question, if somebody can suggest if my qnswers are right or shall I mention more.
Question 5 :Do you have any family in your country of birth, nationality or any other country where you have lived for more than 5 years?
Answer: Yes , I have Brother & sister in India,

Question 6 : Do you have any friends in your country of birth, nationality or any other country where you have lived for more than 5 years?
Answer : Yes , I have school friends

Question 7 : Are you part of any social groups or do you have other cultural ties in your country of birth, nationality or any other country where you have lived for more than 5 years?
Answer: Yes, I have cultural ties with India,

Many Thanks in Advance.

zimba
Mood:

Re: Form SET(M) -- Guidance required for the questions in this form

Post by zimba » Wed Jul 31, 2019 12:12 am

You mentioned previously you are on PBS dependant visa now you are saying you entered under spouse visa. Which one is it ???!

hunnysia
Newly Registered
India

Post by hunnysia » Wed Jul 31, 2019 11:09 am

Hi Zimba,

I mentioned earlier that I am on dependant visa which is 'Spouse/Partner Leave to remain' Visa.

I never mentioned that I m on PBS .

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Wed Jul 31, 2019 1:24 pm

Dependent visa is the PBS dependant visa and not the spouse visa :!: So you are under FLR(M)
People under the spouse visa have no absence limit.

hunnysia
Newly Registered
India

Post by hunnysia » Wed Jul 31, 2019 8:33 pm

Hi zimba,

Yes that's correct. That was answer for my previous post which you already replied.

However, I need answers to my queries in this post which is related to SET(M) form.Please help me wth this.

Many thanks!

hunnysia
Newly Registered
India

Post by hunnysia » Wed Jul 31, 2019 8:55 pm

Just to clarify, As per my knowledge:-

My Visa is 'Spouce/Partner Leave to remain'.
I have completed 5 years now from 2014-2019.
I have filled FLR(M) in 2017 for visa extension.
Considering No absence limit for Spouse visa, I am now applying for ILR and filling SET(M) form.

Please suggest if I am wrong somewhere.

If this is correct, Can you please respond to the below queries:-

Question 1 : Other grounds for wanting to stay in the UK-Do you have any other reasons for wanting to stay in the UK?
Please suggest, What should I fill in this question?

Question 2 : Could you and your partner live together outside the UK if necessary?
Please suggest, Shall I mention yes or No here? Did not understand the reason for this question?

Question 3 : In financial Section, I am providing details of my husband's income ( he is permanent employee).
I am also permanent employee and working, Shall I provide all my income as well?

Question 4 : There is no question which asks for my child details. shall I mention about my child in some separate letter or not?

For below question, if somebody can suggest if my qnswers are right or shall I mention more.
Question 5 :Do you have any family in your country of birth, nationality or any other country where you have lived for more than 5 years?
Answer: Yes , I have Brother & sister in India,

Question 6 : Do you have any friends in your country of birth, nationality or any other country where you have lived for more than 5 years?
Answer : Yes , I have school friends

Question 7 : Are you part of any social groups or do you have other cultural ties in your country of birth, nationality or any other country where you have lived for more than 5 years?
Answer: Yes, I have cultural ties with India,

Many Thanks in Advance.

hunnysia
Newly Registered
India

Post by hunnysia » Thu Aug 01, 2019 8:05 am

Can someone please reply..

Thanks!

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Thu Aug 01, 2019 12:28 pm

Answer the questions as you wish and truthfully. They have no effect on your ILR. They are not trick questions :!:
You do not need to mention your husband's income if you do not rely on it