ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Asylum / EEA appeal / 10 years route ILR

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

keth001
Sri Lanka

Asylum / EEA appeal / 10 years route ILR

Post by keth001 » Mon Aug 05, 2019 8:06 pm

Dear Gurus,

Sorry if I am in the wrong heading, but I am confused where I can ask this question.

My friend applied for EEA family visa but got refused in 2016 and was not given appeal rights at that time.

He then applied for Asylum and did not get any response until he found out that appeal rights were given for EEA family visa refusal.

He applied for the appeal in Jan 2019 and got the appeal date.

But at that time as he completed his 10 years he apples for 10 year ILR and cancelled his appeal for EEA refusal.

He is waiting decision on his 10 year ILR application.

Now he got a letter for the Asylum interview next week.

He is confused how he need to proceed as his solicitor is on holiday and will not be coming back until end of August.

Can he cancel the Asylum application and await for the ILR decision?

Kindly advise as he is scared that the ILR application might got cancelled so that he received the letter for Asylum interview after more than 2 years.

Thanking you in advice.

zimba
Mood:

Re: Asylum / EEA appeal / 10 years route ILR

Post by zimba » Tue Aug 06, 2019 12:04 am

Without full immigration history we cannot advise if his lawful residence is broken. But I suspect he does not have 10 lawful years in the UK as an EEA application does not engage section 3C (as it is not under the UK immigration rules) and he probably has been an overstayer since 2016
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice