ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Please help, 10 Years Long Residence- Absence from the UK, only 30 trips allowed on the online application form!?

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

chloe0909
Newly Registered

Please help, 10 Years Long Residence- Absence from the UK, only 30 trips allowed on the online application form!?

Post by chloe0909 » Sun Aug 18, 2019 1:57 am

Dear all,

I am sending my application form for the 10 years long residence soon and would appreciate some advice.

I have not exceeded the 540 days limit and does not have any single trips longer than 180 days, I have lawful residence for 10 years without break so I am confident I have met the criteria. I have also met all other requirements.

The problem is I do have many short trips away from the UK over the 10 years, I am surprised to find that I can only enter up to 30 trips on the online application form. The 'Add another' option was available up until the 30th trip, after that I am not able to 'Add' as it does not show up on the form anymore.

The option of 'Add another' does still appear for the other section such as Employment and add another name. Therefore I don't think it's problem with the website, just probably they set a maximum of 30 trips on the online application form? I have tried both browser using Safari and Google chrome, and have the same outcome.

Is anyone else aware of this problem or have encountered the same issue before???

I guess I have no other choice but to submit the form as it is with just 30 trips, but that does not reflect the true number of days that I am away (I still have another 10 trips that I could not put on the form) and worried if that could be reason for rejection. I guess I can also bring a separate sheet on the day of my Biometric appointment and I wonder if they accept a separate sheet for the extra trips that I can't put on the online form??

I would appreciate your advice on this matter. Thanks very much in advance!

lopsyfa2
Newly Registered

Re: Please help, 10 Years Long Residence- Absence from the UK, only 30 trips allowed on the online application form!?

Post by lopsyfa2 » Sun Aug 18, 2019 8:25 am

If I were you I would email home office to ask for advice but if you want to apply like that, you can put the remaining absences into a document you upload during the biometrics stage with a cover letter.

zimba
Mood:

Re: Please help, 10 Years Long Residence- Absence from the UK, only 30 trips allowed on the online application form!?

Post by zimba » Sun Aug 18, 2019 11:13 pm

Make a sheet with the details of your travels. Upload that with your application along side a covering letter
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

chloe0909
Newly Registered

Post by chloe0909 » Sun Aug 25, 2019 8:52 pm

Zimba wrote:
Sun Aug 18, 2019 11:13 pm
Make a sheet with the details of your travels. Upload that with your application along side a covering letter
Thank you Zimba for your advice, I have done that as you suggested! :D