ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR or spouse extension for wife

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

rajesh18
Newly Registered

ILR or spouse extension for wife

Post by rajesh18 » Mon Aug 19, 2019 9:53 pm

hi,
please could someone guide me which application i should do for my wife.
she is due to complete her 2.5 years of spouse / partner visa. I am a British citizen. We have a son born last year who automatically is a British citizen. Should i apply for spouse extension of 2.5 years or does she fulfill criteria for ILR being parent of child who is British citizen.

Please send me the link for the application form.
Many thanks
regards
Rajesh

Casa

Re: ILR or spouse extension for wife

Post by Casa » Mon Aug 19, 2019 10:19 pm

rajesh18 wrote:
Mon Aug 19, 2019 9:53 pm
hi,
please could someone guide me which application i should do for my wife.
she is due to complete her 2.5 years of spouse / partner visa. I am a British citizen. We have a son born last year who automatically is a British citizen. Should i apply for spouse extension of 2.5 years or does she fulfill criteria for ILR being parent of child who is British citizen.

Please send me the link for the application form.
Many thanks
regards
Rajesh
There is no early ILR qualification concession as the mother of a British child. Your wife will have to apply for a 2.5 year FLR(M) visa extension.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

rajesh18
Newly Registered

Re: ILR or spouse extension for wife

Post by rajesh18 » Thu Aug 22, 2019 10:53 pm

many thanks CASA for your advice!
i will do the FLR(M) form.

regards
Rajesh