ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse working overseas affect ILR eligibility?

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

ppchan2
Newly Registered
Malaysia

Spouse working overseas affect ILR eligibility?

Post by ppchan2 » Sun Sep 08, 2019 9:34 pm

Hi,

My husband was working in Denmark for the last 2 years after my last further limit leave to remain. However he had been living in UK with me by commuting regularly there and back to do his shifts. Am I still eligible to apply for ILR? I’m worried they think we are not living together for the last 2 years.

Can his employment be used for meeting the financial requirements? His payslips are not in English.

He’s now back in the UK working for a UK employer, but will be less than 6 months.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Re: Spouse working overseas affect ILR eligibility?

Post by seagul » Sun Sep 08, 2019 10:00 pm

ppchan2 wrote:
Sun Sep 08, 2019 9:34 pm
Hi,

My husband was working in Denmark for the last 2 years after my last further limit leave to remain. However he had been living in UK with me by commuting regularly there and back to do his shifts. Am I still eligible to apply for ILR? I’m worried they think we are not living together for the last 2 years.

Can his employment be used for meeting the financial requirements? His payslips are not in English.

He’s now back in the UK working for a UK employer, but will be less than 6 months.
How can you get 6 piece of cohabitation documents covering the last 2 years since he is living outside the UK. Usually a British national sponsor can use his overseas income if he has earned £18600 during the last 12 months and has job offer with annual income of £18600 which going to start within 3 months in uk then he can meet the financial requirement but for initial spouse visa entry clearance. It may not apply here because the purpose of spouse visa is that the applicant live & settle permanently in UK with his UK family/sponsor.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.