ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

SET(LR) queries

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

codswallop
Newly Registered
Mood:

SET(LR) queries

Post by codswallop » Tue Sep 10, 2019 12:48 pm

Hi all

I have been a silent follower of these forums for some time. (A fantastic resource btw!) Thank you.

My husband (a Bangladeshi national presently in the UK under a spouse visa) will have been a resident of the UK for 10 years in January 2020. As amazing wife and PA (albeit unpaid) I take it upon myself to ensure visa applications are completed as per Home Office requirements.

I like to be well prepared and have a number of queries which I haven't seen answered:

1) How long will it roughly take to receive approval (/rejection) once the application and documents have been submitted?

We are intending to book holidays in Europe in Feb/March next year & the relevant visa will need to be obtained prior to this. Will we receive the ILR visa in time or will we be relying on the spouse visa for this? (Do they send the current spouse visa back within days of receiving the application or do they keep it during the entire process?)

2) In terms of proof of residency over the past 10 years: As long as he has passports since his arrival will this suffice?

I have kept hold of utility bills/rent agreement/Land Registry docs/council tax bills/travel insurance docs since our marriage in 2016. (I don't think OH has been as thorough in the years preceding...)

Will it be worth making a subject access request also?

3) He did his latest English Language test at B1 for his last FLR(M) application in October 2018. How long will this be valid?

4) Is there anything else other than the obvious which I will need to include?

Additional info in support of application:

- We have a 1 year old son together
- I've ordered a set of guidance books in preparation for the Life in the UK test (*coughs*amazing wife)

Thanking you in advance.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: SET(LR) queries

Post by CR001 » Tue Sep 10, 2019 12:52 pm

1) How long will it roughly take to receive approval (/rejection) once the application and documents have been submitted?

We are intending to book holidays in Europe in Feb/March next year & the relevant visa will need to be obtained prior to this. Will we receive the ILR visa in time or will we be relying on the spouse visa for this? (Do they send the current spouse visa back within days of receiving the application or do they keep it during the entire process?)
It depends on what service you choose. Super priority is a decision within 24 hours, not guarantee though, and could take a couple of weeks. Standard service is 8 weeks.
2) In terms of proof of residency over the past 10 years: As long as he has passports since his arrival will this suffice?

I have kept hold of utility bills/rent agreement/Land Registry docs/council tax bills/travel insurance docs since our marriage in 2016. (I don't think OH has been as thorough in the years preceding...)

Will it be worth making a subject access request also?
He only needs his passports.
3) He did his latest English Language test at B1 for his last FLR(M) application in October 2018. How long will this be valid?
Should be fine.
4) Is there anything else other than the obvious which I will need to include?
It is minimal documents.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

codswallop
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by codswallop » Tue Sep 10, 2019 1:48 pm

Thank you @CR001

When is the earliest he can sit the Life in the UK test? Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Sep 10, 2019 1:51 pm

He can do liuk at any time but it must be at least 2 to 7 days before he applies online for the results to be available for ho digitally.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

codswallop
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by codswallop » Tue Sep 10, 2019 2:49 pm

Thanks again @CR001 :)

There is a section on the online application form entitled: Your social, cultural and family ties

It asks:
Do you have any family in your country of birth, nationality or any other country where you have lived for more than 5 years?
Do you have any friends in your country of birth, nationality or any other country where you have lived for more than 5 years?

codswallop
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by codswallop » Tue Sep 10, 2019 2:52 pm

....and: Are you part of any social groups or do you have other cultural ties in your country of birth, nationality or any other country where you have lived for more than 5 years?

I'm wondering if they are trying to catch people out here?
Is there anything one should avoid.

Thanks

codswallop
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by codswallop » Tue Sep 10, 2019 3:23 pm

Another q:
Document(s) showing your child / children's immigration status such as passports, biometric residence cards, or vignettes

Our baby is British by descent (through myself.) I haven't applied for a first passport as we are not planning on going abroad with him in the near future. Is there anything else I can use as evidence for British nationality?

Thanks

codswallop
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by codswallop » Wed Sep 11, 2019 8:32 am

Please can anyone respond?

Thank you

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Sep 11, 2019 9:02 am

Not required for long residence ILR.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

codswallop
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by codswallop » Wed Sep 11, 2019 11:43 am

codswallop wrote:
Tue Sep 10, 2019 3:23 pm
Another q:
Document(s) showing your child / children's immigration status such as passports, biometric residence cards, or vignettes

Our baby is British by descent (through myself.) I haven't applied for a first passport as we are not planning on going abroad with him in the near future. Is there anything else I can use as evidence for British nationality?

Thanks
Thanks @CR001

But when completing a dummy application online this is what is specifically asked/requested?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Sep 11, 2019 1:03 pm

The checklist isn't accurate. Ignore it and follow the set LR guidance notes.
Char (CR001 not Casa)