ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR expires before 60 months in UK, eligible for ILR?

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

ppchan2
Newly Registered
Malaysia

FLR expires before 60 months in UK, eligible for ILR?

Post by ppchan2 » Tue Sep 10, 2019 7:10 pm

Hi all,

Hope to get some advice over this. My current leave to remain expiring on 3rd Dec this year but I only entered the UK on 20th Dec 2014.

Am I eligible to apply for ILR 28days before I reach 60 months of residence here? Do I need to extend my current leave of remain?

I thought it is possible until we talked to a Immigration advisor who said I don’t have right to remain in the UK when I reach 20th Dec this year so my ILR will be refused.

Can anyone help me? I really don’t wish to spend another 2k extra to extend my leave if possible.
Thank you all in advance.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: FLR expires before 60 months in UK, eligible for ILR?

Post by CR001 » Tue Sep 10, 2019 7:13 pm

You can apply no sooner than within 28 days before the 5th anniversary of the date you entered the UK. You must have a valid visa when you submit and pay online.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

ppchan2
Newly Registered
Malaysia

Post by ppchan2 » Sat Sep 14, 2019 12:29 pm

Hi CR001,
Thanks for your reply.
Does it matter when my current visa will be expired at the time I reach the qualifying period of 60 months on 20th Dec? Will HO refuse my application based on the fact I don’t have a valid visa then?
Any publication from HO I can refer to?
Many thanks!
CR001 wrote:
Tue Sep 10, 2019 7:13 pm
You can apply no sooner than within 28 days before the 5th anniversary of the date you entered the UK. You must have a valid visa when you submit and pay online.

vinny

Post by vinny » Sat Sep 14, 2019 2:21 pm

Should be okay. Apply for ILR between Friday, 22 November 2019 and 2 Dec 2019.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.