ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Dependent ILR

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Dea guy

Question about Dependent Visa

Post by Dea guy » Fri Mar 08, 2019 3:14 pm

Hi Friends,

I am going to apply my ILR in next 3 months on Ent. Tier 1 Base.
Question 1-
My wife got visa in 27/10/2014 and she came in UK August 2015 then went back in December 2015.
Again Came back in March 2017 and went back in June 2018. Third time came back now.
Her 5 years is being complete in October 2019. Her visa is expiring 15/9/2019.
according to the 28 days ruling of before expiring the current leave. She has to apply extension first to qualify 28 days of ILR.
She lived outside of UK more than uk. Is she still eligible to apply ILR although she has to apply extension first to qualify for 28 dates before completing 5 years ?

Question: My son born in back home country in 2015. He got visa in July 2015 and lived out of UK mostly.
Do i need to apply his extension as well to complete the 5 years of visa from issue date ?

if both need extension visa. Then what category of the visa ? Do i need to show fixed salary condition for example £18600 of spouse visa ?

Thanks

zimba
Mood:

Re: Question about Dependent Visa

Post by zimba » Fri Mar 08, 2019 4:26 pm

Your wife is 15 days short of ILR requirement given she applies within the 28 days. Both your wife and son may have to apply to extend under PBS dependant until eligible for ILR. Note that your son can get ILR when both parents are granted ILR.
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

Dea guy

Post by Dea guy » Fri Mar 08, 2019 4:37 pm

Zimba wrote:
Fri Mar 08, 2019 4:26 pm
Your wife is 15 days short of ILR requirement given she applies within the 28 days. Both your wife and son may have to apply to extend under PBS dependant until eligible for ILR. Note that your son can get ILR when both parents are granted ILR.
Thanks Zimba.

which Application for wife? Can i switch her extension visa application into ILR application once she cover the 15 days? if we both get ILR. can we apply straightway Son ILR although he is not completing 5 years and born out of UK?

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Fri Mar 08, 2019 4:45 pm

PBS dependant for your wife (extension of her current visa). You can vary to ILR when she covers the 15 days.
Son can get ILR when both parents have ILR without completing the 5 years
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

Dea guy

Post by Dea guy » Fri Mar 08, 2019 5:01 pm

Zimba wrote:
Fri Mar 08, 2019 4:45 pm
PBS dependant for your wife (extension of her current visa). You can vary to ILR when she covers the 15 days.
Son can get ILR when both parents have ILR without completing the 5 years
Thank you brother.

Dea guy

Dependent ILR

Post by Dea guy » Tue Oct 01, 2019 9:53 pm

Dear Friends,

MY wife visa was issued in October 2014. She lived in UK maximum 2 years. According to 1st January 2018 Ruling. She can apply ILR. I have applied ILR and her Two year extension in second week of September 2019. Now she is eligible for ILR if i calculate time 28 days before the initial grant. Please can you tell me which form do i need to use for her and shall i withdraw extension Application? we had Bio metrics and documents scanning appointment today. When i applied for her extension for two years as a point based dependent. I was not asked about her and my son NHS charges. I am applying ILR but wife and son applications were under point based dependent.

Sopra has scanned our documents and BRP but they have given us BRP back. Do i need to keep them or return to HO? If need to return please can you share the address where these need to be send?

Thanks.

Very Useful and informative Group.

vinny

Re: Dependent ILR

Post by vinny » Thu Oct 03, 2019 3:52 am

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

Dea guy

Post by Dea guy » Fri Oct 18, 2019 7:22 pm

Hi,

My solicitor has made mistake on my wife and son application form. I have applied ILR and they have applied further two years extension because of less then 5 years visa issue. there was question of my date of birth. Solicitor has written my wife date of birth instead of my date of birth. I want to approach case worker about this mistake. I am asking solicitor to contact Case worker and get it sorted but he is not replying. I want to send letter or hardcopy of the visa application form with correct date of birth. Please can someone tell me the email or address where i can send letter.

Thanks.

aman90
Diamond Member

Post by aman90 » Fri Oct 18, 2019 8:12 pm

No one would know who the case worker is including the solicitor.
You can write a letter stating details and post to Sheffield P.O. Box address