ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Dependant's ILR Application

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

kim001

Dependant's ILR Application

Post by kim001 » Sun Nov 24, 2019 5:51 pm

Hello moderators and respected members. I need advice on my wife's immigration status. Let me set the stage:
I came to the Uk on the 2nd of Feb, 2010 on a Tier 4 student visa.
My wife also came to the Uk in Sept, 2010 on a Tier 4 PBS dependant.
In May 2014, I applied for Tier 1 Ent Visa.
Tier 1 Ent Visa was approved in July 2014, my wise was also granted a dependent visa.
I applied for Tier 1 Ent extension in June 2017
Tier 1 Ent extension was approved 2 years later (June 2019). This visa is valid till June 2021

Issue: As My 10 years will complete in Jan 2020, I will be applying for ILR under Long residency, but my wife would not have stayed for 10 years then (7 months less) but her visa is still valid till June 2021.

Question:
1. If I change to ILR will her visa still be valid?
2. Her 10 year will complete in Sept 2020, can she remain on the Tier 1 Ent dependent visa till she applies for her ILR?
3. If no to the previous questions, what does she need to do to transition to ILR and when will she need to do this?
If possible please attach link to the relevant immigration rules so I can read further.

Your prompt response is highly appreciated.
Many thanks.

zimba
Mood:

Re: Dependant's ILR Application

Post by zimba » Sun Nov 24, 2019 6:22 pm

1. If I change to ILR will her visa still be valid?
The visa will not be invalid but she is expected to switch to the family route
2. Her 10 year will complete in Sept 2020, can she remain on the Tier 1 Ent dependent visa till she applies for her ILR?
Yes but UKVI may curtail her visa and will refuse her entry if she travels
3. If no to the previous questions, what does she need to do to transition to ILR and when will she need to do this?
If possible please attach link to the relevant immigration rules so I can read further.
FLR(M) and as soon as she can
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

kim001

Post by kim001 » Sun Nov 24, 2019 6:46 pm

Thank you Zimba for that quick response. I really appreciate.
Sorry I have 1 more question, How long will she be on the FLR (M), is it till Sept 2020 to complete her 10 years?

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Mon Nov 25, 2019 2:40 am

kim001 wrote:
Sun Nov 24, 2019 6:46 pm
Thank you Zimba for that quick response. I really appreciate.
Sorry I have 1 more question, How long will she be on the FLR (M), is it till Sept 2020 to complete her 10 years?
Yes
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

kim001

Post by kim001 » Tue Dec 03, 2019 9:48 am

Sorry to disturb you Zimba, I thought her time will reset to 5 yrs if I change route from T1 Ent to ILR. So under what circumstances will her time reset?
Many thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Dec 03, 2019 9:55 am

kim001 wrote:
Tue Dec 03, 2019 9:48 am
Sorry to disturb you Zimba, I thought her time will reset to 5 yrs if I change route from T1 Ent to ILR. So under what circumstances will her time reset?
Many thanks
Changing to FLR(M) from PBS Dependent visa ONLY resets the ILR based on 5 years residence. If you get ILR based on Tier 1, then she can continue as a PBS Dependent until she has 5 years residence for ILR. The same does not apply if you get ILR based on long residence SET LR. So the important thing is, what route you apply for ILR on what her options are.

ALL visas count for ILR based on 10 years long residence.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

kim001

Post by kim001 » Tue Dec 03, 2019 11:46 pm

Thank you very much CR001. I didn't quit get your point.
So this is it, I will be applying for ILR based on LR (10 year), but My last leave to remain was on T1 Ent on which my was is a dependant. If I successfully applied for the ILR, my wife will have to apply for FLR(M).
Already she has spent 9 years in the UK. Question is this: can she apply for ILR after 1 year or does she need to stay for another 5years?
Thank you.

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Wed Dec 04, 2019 12:46 am

kim001 wrote:
Tue Dec 03, 2019 11:46 pm
Thank you very much CR001. I didn't quit get your point.
So this is it, I will be applying for ILR based on LR (10 year), but My last leave to remain was on T1 Ent on which my was is a dependant. If I successfully applied for the ILR, my wife will have to apply for FLR(M).
Already she has spent 9 years in the UK. Question is this: can she apply for ILR after 1 year or does she need to stay for another 5years?
Thank you.
She can apply under long residence when her 10 years is complete next year