ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Application Gap and Dependent application

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

ismini19
Newly Registered
Bangladesh

ILR Application Gap and Dependent application

Post by ismini19 » Thu Nov 28, 2019 11:14 am

Dear group members,

I am new and this is my first post here. I am currently on student visa which will expire on 14th of January 2020. However, I am eligible to apply for ILR (10 year route) on 20th January 2020 (28 days before 10 year).
My question is can I apply for ILR on 14th Jan and book premium service on 21st of January or later to ensure that I am eligible by the time I attend my appointment. Is this ok or my ILR is most likely to refuse because I applied before 10 year become mature? Please advice.

Furthermore, my wife who is currently T4 dependent, will be applying with me. So, the documents I need to submit for her should be the documents of ILR dependent? (like she is applying for a dependent visa of an ILR holder).

I would really appreciate if you guys can advise me from you experience. Thank you.

zimba
Mood:

Re: ILR Application Gap and Dependent application

Post by zimba » Thu Nov 28, 2019 5:03 pm

Yes, you can apply before eligibility as long as you are eligible on the day of ILR decision.
SET(LR) has no concept of a dependant. Your wife must either apply SEPARATELY if she is also eligible for SET(LR) or she must switch to FLR(M) :!:
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

ismini19
Newly Registered
Bangladesh

Post by ismini19 » Fri Nov 29, 2019 8:35 am

That's great. Thank you very much

ismini19
Newly Registered
Bangladesh

Post by ismini19 » Fri Nov 29, 2019 8:53 am

Hi
One more quick question, my wife need to do A1 English test since this is her first time application as the partner of a satled person? Thanks a lot

vinny

Post by vinny » Fri Nov 29, 2019 10:03 am

Yes. However, if she’s capable of B1, then go for that.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

ismini19
Newly Registered
Bangladesh

Post by ismini19 » Fri Nov 29, 2019 2:34 pm

Cheers buddy