ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse ilr set(m) visa financial requirements

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

t0mmy

Spouse ilr set(m) visa financial requirements

Post by t0mmy » Wed Dec 04, 2019 9:37 am

I will be applying for my wife's ilr visa at end of december 2019. She came to the UK on 1st jan 2015.
Regarding the financial requirements - currently I am a contractor - director of a limited company. So will need to show dividends and salary slips. My wife's previous two visas were based on my salary from permanent employments. So they were relatively straight forward.

I am thinking of submitting the following documents for financial requirements:
CT600
Letters from accountant.
SA302
Self Assessment
P60 showing salary taken from company and national insurance paid.(the salary alone does not meet the £18600 threshold).
Vat reg and returns

The problem I am facing is the lack of dividend vouchers and salary payments. Like some people on this forum I have randomly taken money out from my business account to my personal account. The dividend payments or general payments I have taken - according to my accountant - also doesn't match those on the sa302 and self assessment. I know should have organised this a bit better. So can anyone please suggest what options do I have. My accountant has suggested that the letter from him should be enough as he will mention the dividends taken. However if vouchers are issued then this may not match the payments. So better to not submit vouchers. The online set(m) form clearly mentions either submitting payslips or dividend vouchers.

t0mmy

Re: Spouse ilr set(m) visa financial requirements

Post by t0mmy » Wed Dec 04, 2019 9:57 am

Forgot to mention. The net income and profit declared are well above the minumum £18600 threshold.
Would that be enough over lack of dividend vouchers?

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Wed Dec 04, 2019 3:59 pm

Director of a company must submit either yearly self assessment or company accounts. The evidentiary requirements are very specific under category F or category G. Read 'Self-employment or Director or employee of a specified limited company in the UK' in the official guide from UKVI here: https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... -ext_1.pdf
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

t0mmy

Post by t0mmy » Wed Dec 04, 2019 5:16 pm

Thanks for the link.

I am planning to submit the yearly accounts and ct600.
However can you please advise whether dividend vouchers need to supplied specifically. Looking into some forums here most have the people have supplied dividend vouchers. There are very few instances where vouchers aren't supplied and the outcome was still a success.

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Wed Dec 04, 2019 6:25 pm

t0mmy wrote:
Wed Dec 04, 2019 5:16 pm
Thanks for the link.

I am planning to submit the yearly accounts and ct600.
However can you please advise whether dividend vouchers need to supplied specifically. Looking into some forums here most have the people have supplied dividend vouchers. There are very few instances where vouchers aren't supplied and the outcome was still a success.
The guide is very very clear what needs to be supplied (item 9.8)
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

t0mmy

Post by t0mmy » Fri Dec 06, 2019 7:56 pm

Thanks.
My company was created on 16March 2018 The company has been fully operating since March 2018.
So my accountant has provided the following documents:

1 ) 2 ct600 documents - one for 16 march 2018 to 15 march 2019 and one for 16 march 2019 to 31 march 2019. Am I correct to assume that this is normal. Should I just discard the second ct600 covering just two weeks.
2) The unaudited accounts has been provided for 15 march 2018 to 31 march 2019. Again is this normal. Should it be for one year exactly?
3) sa100 document. showing divdends and profit. p60 issued by my own company to me.
4) I read I cannot use two different sources of employment. In the last financial year I was briefly employed in a permanent job as well. so was working simultaneously in two roles. The permanent job salary amounts to around £10000.
I however have no p60 or salary slips to pove that. It does show on the hmrc tax documents for my NI number
5 )the accountant letter states that my income was around £45000 (23000 dividends + £12000 own company salary + £10000 permanent salary). Am i correct to assume that I cannot use the permanent job as proof? Does this need changing as its still a fact. I can provide a separate letter that I am only using earnings from my own company to meet the requirements.
6) Tax return document for the financial year 5th april 2018 - 4 april 2019 specifying dividends and salary from my company as well as salary from the permanent job . The dividends are around £23000, Salary around £12000. Can I use salary and dividends both from my company. or does it have to be only one of the two.
7 ) Now the more tricky part. Payments to my personnel bank account from my business account are quite random. The guide line states that I need to provide salary slips and dividend vouchers. I asked my accountant to issue vouchers to correspond to some of the payments. However he said the money transferred is more than the dividends. so wouldn't recommend. He stated the dividends are clearly mentioned in the tax return docs and sa100 docs and we have already paid tax on the dividends as the corporation tax we have paid reflects that. Do we need to still provide the exact vouchers. How would the case worker differentiate between the different debit payments from my business account to personal account. The payments are also not consistent with the salary. However they are more than the dividend and salary combined.

Can anyone pls advise on the above.

t0mmy

Post by t0mmy » Mon Dec 09, 2019 11:03 am

any advice would be appreciated.