ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR English Test confusing question. Please help

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

GreenEyesRedHair
Newly Registered
Ukraine

ILR English Test confusing question. Please help

Post by GreenEyesRedHair » Wed Dec 04, 2019 5:45 pm

Hi
There is a question in the application which I found not as simple as it first looked:
“Did you meet the knowledge of English requirement as part of an indefinite leave application made on or after 28 October 2013?”
I don't quite understand does this question refer to the past applications or might be related to the present application too?
I had to reply “NO” as I have not applied for the indefinite leave before now. And then I would expect to see new questions about If I passed the B1 for the present application or put in the exam ID, and other details. But nothing happens, there are no more questions about English test requirement at all in this application. I am totally confused. This is my first indefinite leave to remain application and I have met the English Language Test Requirement. I have passed my B1 test this September and did not have a chance to use it yet with any applications. For the second previous limited leave to remain (I am on 5 year route as a spouse of British citizen) I passed a different test lower than B1, it was accepted fine.
Could you please comment on how you see the situation? Did i do the right thing answering NO to the above question and then explaining in the covering letter that this is the first application I am submitting my B1 test results with.
Thank you very much!

zimba
Mood:

Re: ILR English Test confusing question. Please help

Post by zimba » Wed Dec 04, 2019 7:04 pm

That is an error on the online form, a questions which seems to have been copied from British Citizenship form where applicants already have ILR. Answer NO and simply upload your English language evidence with your application and you should be fine
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

GreenEyesRedHair
Newly Registered
Ukraine

Post by GreenEyesRedHair » Wed Dec 04, 2019 8:09 pm

Zimba wrote:
Wed Dec 04, 2019 7:04 pm
That is an error on the online form, a questions which seems to have been copied from British Citizenship form where applicants already have ILR. Simply upload your English language evidence with your application and you should be fine
INDEED it makes a lot of sense in the British Citizenship application form! Thank you ever so much for putting my mind at ease. I thought I was getting bonkers :roll: :D :D

Kudi
Newly Registered
Turkey

Post by Kudi » Mon Jan 06, 2020 4:24 pm

Zimba wrote:
That is an error on the online form, a questions which seems to have been copied from British Citizenship form where applicants already have ILR. Answer NO and simply upload your English language evidence with your application and you should be fine
Hi Zimba,
I have an indefinite LR but I did not enter any exams for that application (it was in 2017). So do I enter yes or no to the same question above.? I have a B1 exam for naturalisation now.

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Mon Jan 06, 2020 4:32 pm

Kudi wrote:
Mon Jan 06, 2020 4:24 pm
Zimba wrote:
Hi Zimba,
I have an indefinite LR but I did not enter any exams for that application (it was in 2017). So do I enter yes or no to the same question above.? I have a B1 exam for naturalisation now.
Why are you tagging a question in the ILR forum ??! This answer is NOT relevant to you
british-citizenship/did-you-meet-the-kn ... l#p1864070
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice