ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

SET (O) or SET (M) - Confusion?

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

networkers
Member of Standing
Mood:

SET (O) or SET (M) - Confusion?

Post by networkers » Thu Dec 05, 2019 8:51 pm

Hello All,

Its time for my wife's ILR as she has completed her 5 years. I am confused which form to submit for her ILR?

Scenario: I got my ILR via Tier 1 in early 2014, applied for her spouse visa after few months and she came over to UK in end 2014 on spouse Visa.

Her visa was extended and currently she holds SPOUSE / PARTNER LEAVE TO REMAIN.

If I fill https://www.gov.uk/settle-in-the-uk it comes out as follows which I understand is SET (O) Form as it suggesting "You can apply as the partner or child of a tier 1, 2 or 5 visa-holder who has settled in the UK".

UKVI_Check.jpeg
UKVI_Check.jpeg (89.45 KiB) Viewed 1268 times
Please suggest which form shall I go for?

Many thanks!

zimba
Mood:

Re: SET (O) or SET (M) - Confusion?

Post by zimba » Fri Dec 06, 2019 1:06 am

As she came here under the spouse visa and NOT as a PBS dependant, she must settle under SET(M)
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

networkers
Member of Standing
Mood:

Post by networkers » Mon Jan 13, 2020 11:20 am

Thank you very much Zimba. It is seems lengthier than SET O form.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Jan 13, 2020 11:56 am

networkers wrote:
Mon Jan 13, 2020 11:20 am
It is seems lengthier than SET O form.
It would be as there are far more requirements to meet than on SET(O) but you cannot use SET(O) as she doesn't hold a qualifying visa.

You have not read all the information in your link. It does clearly state further down the page :
Eligibility for partners
Your current visa must be as a dependant on your partner’s tier 1, 2 or 5 visa.

If you got your current visa as your partner’s dependant after they settled in the UK, you must apply as the partner of a settled person instead.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

networkers
Member of Standing
Mood:

Post by networkers » Sat Jan 25, 2020 3:42 pm

Thanks CR001 for pointing it out that further down the line on the same page they provides the other option which is applicable to my spouse visa scenario.

networkers
Member of Standing
Mood:

Post by networkers » Sun Jan 26, 2020 3:36 pm

Hello Seniors,

I am relying on my full time employment which is paying above the 18600 requirement. I also have registered a company in UK in July 2019 to do some side eCommerce business.

I have two questions.
1. I also have a son who is British citizen, so do I need more than £18600 as financial requirement calculation?

2. In section 3 finance of SET M form "Are you a director or non-executive director of a limited company based in the UK?" I have to set yes as I do have a company registered on my name and when I do say Yes, what document I need to submit as it is less than 8 months old company so no tax returns can be submitted at the moment.

Many thanks,
Networkers!

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Sun Jan 26, 2020 4:44 pm

1. I also have a son who is British citizen, so do I need more than £18600 as financial requirement calculation?
No. Your British son is not part of the application
2. In section 3 finance of SET M form "Are you a director or non-executive director of a limited company based in the UK?" I have to set yes as I do have a company registered on my name and when I do say Yes, what document I need to submit as it is less than 8 months old company so no tax returns can be submitted at the moment.
You should answer No as you do not want to rely on your company evidence.
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

networkers
Member of Standing
Mood:

Post by networkers » Sun Jan 26, 2020 11:34 pm

Thank you very much Zimba for your helpful response. Now I have another question

My salary was increased slightly in April 2019 which is beyond 6 months limit. As per document checklist I need to submit "Payslips covering a period of 6 months prior to the date of application - for Mr XYZ for CurrentJobTitle"

In SET (M) Form I have answered

1. "Have they been employed by the same employer for the last 6 months prior to the date of application? = Yes"

2. What do they earn? = The same amount continuously, above the financial requirement

Are we considering 6 months prior to the date of application or we need to consider 12 months prior (my 18600 limit is being met in 6 month prior period as well) As if we are considering 12 months, I should select Not the same amount continuously, above financial requirement?

And based on above shall I submit 6 months payslips and banks statement or 12 months payslips and corresponding bank statement?

Please help!

Regards,

Networkers!

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Mon Jan 27, 2020 12:31 am

6 months is enough

networkers
Member of Standing
Mood:

Post by networkers » Mon Jan 27, 2020 12:34 am

Zimba wrote:
Mon Jan 27, 2020 12:31 am
6 months is enough
Thank you very much Zimba, appreciate your prompt response. Will stick with current answers and submit 6 payslips and 6 banks months statements.

networkers
Member of Standing
Mood:

Documents Scanning Service?

Post by networkers » Tue Feb 04, 2020 10:24 am

Hi All,

Is it possible to take few documents in USB with other paper documents to be scanned at UKVAC (Sopra Steria)? As there are couple of utility bills which I have downloaded from provider's account.

Many thanks,
Networkers!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Feb 04, 2020 1:05 pm

Upload them yourself.

You cannot submit a usb.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

networkers
Member of Standing
Mood:

Post by networkers » Tue Feb 04, 2020 2:11 pm

Thanks, so it is okay to assume that I can upload the pdf documents I have and take the rest of paper documents with me at appointment and they will scan and upload it to required sections?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Feb 04, 2020 2:38 pm

they will scan and upload if you pay for them to do it.

Most applicants simply do it themselves to make sure everything is uploaded correctly.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

networkers
Member of Standing
Mood:

Post by networkers » Tue Feb 04, 2020 2:55 pm

I have booked premium lounge service so document scanning is part of appointment. I am trying to avoid printing PDF utility bills which make part of cohabitation proof and just upload these. All the other documents I am planning to take for appointment for them to scan and upload.

networkers
Member of Standing
Mood:

Post by networkers » Tue Feb 04, 2020 4:27 pm

networkers wrote:
Tue Feb 04, 2020 2:55 pm
I have booked premium lounge service so document scanning is part of appointment. I am trying to avoid printing PDF utility bills which make part of cohabitation proof and just upload these. All the other documents I am planning to take for appointment for them to scan and upload.
It seems it is not possible as UKVAC site suggests "Your supporting documents must be scanned and uploaded either before or during your appointment" so either before or during - partial upload isn't allowed.

I have an appointment tomorrow and will appreciate if someone can help with the following

1. I have downloaded the declaration form named "family_declaration.pdf", is it the only document or do I need to download any other document? I was reading on the forum about 2 3 consent forms, but I can't find any consent form to download.
2. Do I need to print the application form as well?
3. Do I need to submit passport size photographs of applicant and sponsor with their names written at the back?
4. Do I need to submit family photos along with proof of Cohabitation?
5. Do I need to submit applicants bank statements or just sponsor's covering 6 months as payslips?

Many thanks,
Networkers!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Feb 04, 2020 6:00 pm

1. Many of us are not familiar with the online forms or what the declaration you state says.

2. No!

3. No!

4. No!

5. You only submit what you need to a) meet the financial requirements and or b) cohabitation evidence in both names. As the sponsor, you also need your employer letter detailing your employment details.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

networkers
Member of Standing
Mood:

Post by networkers » Tue Feb 04, 2020 7:00 pm

CR001 wrote:
Tue Feb 04, 2020 6:00 pm
1. Many of us are not familiar with the online forms or what the declaration you state says.

2. No!

3. No!

4. No!

5. You only submit what you need to a) meet the financial requirements and or b) cohabitation evidence in both names. As the sponsor, you also need your employer letter detailing your employment details.
Thank you very much CR001 for your response.

1. Declaration I mentioned which was available to download from the application checklist is available here "https://visas-immigration.service.gov.u ... ration.pdf"

There is also another consent form available at "https://visas-immigration.service.gov.u ... onsent.pdf" (not provided any link in the application found it on the forum here) do I need to submit this one as well?

Thanks for 2. 3. 4. and 5. (Yes, will submit all of the above you mentioned).

Regards,

Networkers!