ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Clarification Re English Language Requirement

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

zm8162
Newly Registered

Clarification Re English Language Requirement

Post by zm8162 » Sat Jan 18, 2020 12:29 pm

Hi

I understand that this may have been covered in a different forum but I couldn't find a specific answer.

I'm helping someone with an ILR Set(M) application. Qualifying period finish 28/03/2020.

The current Set(M) application has an error whereby it does not ask for any English Language Requirements - apart from a question that does not apply.

We have an IELTS certificate (March 2014) that was used as part of a successful finance to spouse visa conversion in the UK in September 2014.

My options were:

1. Just simply scan and upload that IELTS certificate.
2. Above + covering letter explaining that there is no questions of application form, thus attaching IELTS certificate AND it was used successfully as part of previous application.
3. Just do a new B1 level test and upload that.

My hesitancy with (1) is that they can turn around and say that's it's "expired".
My hesitancy with (2) is that I don't want to add additional documents/letters etc when they've not asked for it.
My hesitancy with (3) is that it's an additional test and an additional £150.

Would appreciate your opinions please.

Thanks.

zimba
Mood:

Re: Clarification Re English Language Requirement

Post by zimba » Sat Jan 18, 2020 1:14 pm

You can use an old test if the test was accepted before and the test and the centre are still approved by the UKVI. NO need to do anything else simply upload
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

networkers
Member of Standing
Mood:

Post by networkers » Sat Jan 25, 2020 3:29 pm

Hello All,

My confusion is same, why the SET (M) form isn't asking for any reference number or other details about it?

There is an odd question in the form "Did you meet the knowledge of English requirement as part of an indefinite leave application made on or after 28 October 2013?" It the 1st application of ILR and hopefully everyone has to go through it once so what's the point of asking about past ILR application?

Should the answer be No or Yes?

Thanks.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Jan 25, 2020 3:30 pm

networkers wrote:
Sat Jan 25, 2020 3:29 pm
Hello All,

My confusion is same, why the SET (M) form isn't asking for any reference number or other details about it?

There is an odd question in the form "Did you meet the knowledge of English requirement as part of an indefinite leave application made on or after 28 October 2013?" It the 1st application of ILR and hopefully everyone has to go through it once so what's the point of asking about past ILR application?

Should the answer be No or Yes?

Thanks.
Please continue in your own topic. There is an error in the forum as is posted about daily!!

indefinite-leave-to-remain/set-o-or-set ... l#p1866442
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.