ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

2 Speeding offence and ILR

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

RovCal_21
Newly Registered
Mood:
Pakistan

2 Speeding offence and ILR

Post by RovCal_21 » Sun Jan 19, 2020 9:59 am

Hi everyone

I wonder if anyone can advice me.

I got two speeding offence on 14 and 15th of January. I was driving at 70 and 76mph when the speed threshold was 60mph.

I got both the offence in post on the 17th.

My driver licence is 22months old

My ILR is due on this April.

My question is what to expect?

If I get 6 penalty points will I get a court summon aswell? Can't they just ban me without a court summon?

Is there a chance I might get just three points?

Thank you

RovCal_21
Newly Registered
Mood:
Pakistan

Re: 2 Speeding offence and ILR

Post by RovCal_21 » Sun Jan 19, 2020 2:32 pm

I will really appreciate any opinion

XaVior
Newly Registered
Chile

Post by XaVior » Sun Jan 19, 2020 5:58 pm

I'm reading the info on this website (third party weblink removed by moderator) it says "Exceeding speed limit on a motorway" would not be mentioned in your immigration report, however, it could jeopardise your "good character" and thus, renders you eligible for ILR.

However, being an immigrate in the UK for over 10 years, it seems highly unlikely that your ILR being solely refused because of this.

let me know what happens in April,

Best of luck!

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Sun Jan 19, 2020 6:38 pm

ILR is only affected by recordable offences, meaning the ones that appear on your criminal record. A recordable offence is an offence where under the law you could get a prison sentence for committing it (e.g drink driving). Speeding on its own is not a recordable offence
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

RovCal_21
Newly Registered
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by RovCal_21 » Mon Jan 20, 2020 8:07 pm

Thank you for both the replies guys. But I read that non-custodial offence, like e.g in this situation my worst case scenario is that court summons me and gives me punishment like banning me to drive for a while etc, I have to wait two years before applying?

(iv) has, within the 24 months prior to the date on which the application is decided, been convicted of or admitted an offence for which they have received a non-custodial sentence or other out of court disposal that is recorded on their criminal record. (Or is this an old rule?)
Thank you!

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Mon Jan 20, 2020 8:08 pm

RovCal_21 wrote:
Mon Jan 20, 2020 8:07 pm
Thank you for both the replies guys. But I read that non-custodial offence, like e.g in this situation my worst case scenario is that court summons me and gives me punishment like banning me to drive for a while etc, I have to wait two years before applying?

(iv) has, within the 24 months prior to the date on which the application is decided, been convicted of or admitted an offence for which they have received a non-custodial sentence or other out of court disposal that is recorded on their criminal record. (Or is this an old rule?)
Thank you!
Not all court convictions are recordable. If you end up in court, that does NOT necessarily mean you get a recordable offence. For example driving without insurance leads to a court conviction but it is NOT recordable so no effect on ILR. Generally only serious offences are recordable under the law and only those affect ILR
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

RovCal_21
Newly Registered
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by RovCal_21 » Mon Jan 20, 2020 8:28 pm

Wow Zimba thank you so much. I have been depressed for last few days. Thanks for this. God bless you.