ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

PBS Dependent: Which form SET (O) or SET (M)

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

chaubey2ait
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

PBS Dependent: Which form SET (O) or SET (M)

Post by chaubey2ait » Sun Jan 19, 2020 9:30 pm

I am completing my 5 years on 23rd Feb 2020 and now looking to apply for ILR application.

My current visa details:

Visa Type: PBS Dependent Leave To Remain
Issued on: 12.12.2017

My wife's visa details:

Visa Type: Indefinite Leave To Remain
Issued on: 20.08.2017

I am confused which form to use for ILR application SET (O) or SET (M)?
I think SET (O) is the right form to fill in. Can anyone please confirm is this is the right form in my case?

I started filling the SET (O) online from here: https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... -form-seto

While filling the form I couldn't see any section to fill in about finances, income, salary slips, banks statements, address history, employer details, absence from UK list etc.
Are this options not required to be fill in the online form?
I also couldn't see that I have to submit salary slips, banks statements, absence from UK list etc?
What documents do I need to take with me when I go for the appointment?

Your help is highly appreciated. Thanks.

--
Anil

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: PBS Dependent: Which form SET (O) or SET (M)

Post by CR001 » Sun Jan 19, 2020 9:50 pm

Set O is the only form you can use if you have held a PBS dependent visa for 5 years.

There is no financial or income requirements.

There is no absence limit or declaration required if your last visa was issued before 1w January 2018.

You must scan and upload your documents to the ukcvas sopra steria portal before your biometric appointment.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

chaubey2ait
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by chaubey2ait » Sun Jan 19, 2020 10:25 pm

Thanks a lot for clarification. My wife was on Tier 2 Sponsor Visa and completed her 5 years before she got the ILR.

I will complete the online application form and more forward with the process.

Is there a full list of document you can provide that I need to submit with my application?

chaubey2ait
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by chaubey2ait » Sat Jan 25, 2020 11:11 am

I have go my premium lounge appointment at London Sopra Steria office. I will attach below documents via online portal of Sopra Steria.
Please can someone let me now if these are enough or not required or it too many documents?

My documents:
1. SET(O) filled online: No need to print and take with me to application centre?
2. Appointment booking and payment confirmation : I will take with me
3. Passport : Scanned : I will upload online and take with me
4. BRP : Scanned : I will upload online and take with me
5. Passport size photos - 2 : Full name written on the back :Does this required?
https://www.gov.uk/photos-for-passports
6. Declaration/Consent form : I will upload online and take with me
7. English Language Certificate B1 : Already provide reference online
8. Absences Letter: Do I need to upload my absences or not required for in my case?
10. Marriage Certificate : I will upload online and take with me
11. Tenancy Agreement for last 5 years: Is it required to upload and take with me for last 5 years?
12. Council tax receipts for last 5 years: Is it required to upload and take with me for last 5 years?
13. Gas/Electricity utility receipts : Is it required to upload and take with me for last 5 years?
14. Payslips, P60 , and bank statements for last 3 months : Is this enough to get for last 3 months?
14. Letter of employment from employer (Not sure if I need) : Do I need it?
16. Life in UK - Certificate already provided online: I have provided reference online

My wife's document (Already holding an ILR):

1. Declaration/Consent form
2. Passport
3. ILR
4. Payslips, P60 (last 3 years) and bank statements for last 6 months : Is it enough for last 3 months?
5. Letter of employment from employer : I have go it

Am I missing anything ? Or am I uploading too many documents?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Jan 25, 2020 11:25 am

1 to 4 correct yes.

5. Is not required for ilr. You have posted a link to a passport APPLICATION requirement not ilr. You don't need physical photos.

6 and 7 yes, correct yes, just be scanned uploaded, including the English test.

8 is NOT required.

10 correct yes.

11 to 13 you ONLY need to scan and upload documents proving cohabitation in both names for the last TWO years.

14 and 14 (per your numbering) is NOT required for a PBS dependent.

16 you need to scan and upload it too.

Lock topic
EXPAND VIEWTOPIC REVIEW: PBS DEPENDENT: WHICH FORM SET (O) OR SET (M)
by chaubey2ait » Sat Jan 25, 2020 11:11 am

I have go my premium lounge appointment at London Sopra Steria office. I will attach below documents via online portal of Sopra Steria.
Please can someone let me now if these are enough or not required or it too many documents?

My documents:
1. SET(O) filled online: No need to print and take with me to application centre?
2. Appointment booking and payment confirmation : I will take with me
3. Passport : Scanned : I will upload online and take with me
4. BRP : Scanned : I will upload online and take with me
5. Passport size photos - 2 : Full name written on the back :Does this required?
https://www.gov.uk/photos-for-passports
6. Declaration/Consent form : I will upload online and take with me
7. English Language Certificate B1 : Already provide reference online
8. Absences Letter: Do I need to upload my absences or not required for in my case?
10. Marriage Certificate : I will upload online and take with me
11. Tenancy Agreement for last 5 years: Is it required to upload and take with me for last 5 years?
12. Council tax receipts for last 5 years: Is it required to upload and take with me for last 5 years?
13. Gas/Electricity utility receipts : Is it required to upload and take with me for last 5 years?
14. Payslips, P60 , and bank statements for last 3 months : Is this enough to get for last 3 months?
14. Letter of employment from employer (Not sure if I need) : Do I need it?
16. Life in UK - Certificate already provided online: I have provided reference online
My wife's document (Already holding an ILR):

1. Declaration/Consent form
2. Passport
3. ILR
4. Payslips, P60 (last 3 years) and bank statements for last 6 months : Is it enough for last 3 months?
5. Letter of employment from employer : I have go it
Number 4 and 5 is NOT needed for PBS dependents applying for ilr.

Don't submit documents you THINK are relevant. Submit only what is required and don't overthink it.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

chaubey2ait
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by chaubey2ait » Sat Jan 25, 2020 11:46 am

Thanks a lot Casa. You are really very helpful.

Apologies for the numbering.

For point 6. Life in UK they don't provide a physical certificate.They only provide a reference which I have mentioned while filling the SET (O) online form.

I will stick to your recommendations and upload only those documents.

My last question on declaration and consent form.

I couldn't find declaration from while filling the SET (O) form online. After searching on google I found the attached declaration form (family_declaration) : Is this correct form and my wife will have to sign it?

For the consent form I found it while filling the SET (O) form online (family_consent). I will have to sign one and wife will have to sign the family support/ third part support form. Is that enough and covers everything?

I hope I am not missing anything on declaration/consent form.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Jan 25, 2020 12:18 pm

For point 6. Life in UK they don't provide a physical certificate.They only provide a reference which I have mentioned while filling the SET (O) online form.
The test centre should have provided a test pass letter. Everyone gets one. Same as for English test.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

chaubey2ait
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by chaubey2ait » Sat Jan 25, 2020 12:31 pm

No they don't provide any certificate anymore. They only provide reference and they pass the same to HO.

Do you have any comment on the declaration/Consent form?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Jan 25, 2020 12:38 pm

You should contact the test centre and ask them why you didn't get a pass letter. Note it is not a certificate, it is like a letter.

I can't answer your consent question as I don't have access to the online forms. The declaration forms are at the end of the online process.

Not sure what "family declaration" you are referring to as you have not posted the link to this document.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

chaubey2ait
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by chaubey2ait » Sat Jan 25, 2020 2:23 pm

My wife's name is "xyz"

In my document checklist form it says below:

1. Consent form for the Home Office to request verification checks on Mrs xyz for joint accounts or third party support

I saw the option to download this form when I finished my online application for SET (O).
Also this is available to download from here:
https://visas-immigration.service.gov.u ... onsent.pdf

I am fine with this.

2. Declaration signed by Mrs xyz to confirm consent for the Home Office to request
verification checks

I couldn't find anywhere to download any form related to this so I googled and found the form here:
https://visas-immigration.service.gov.u ... ration.pdf

Is this correct? Hope I am not missing anything.

---

chaubey2ait
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by chaubey2ait » Sat Jan 25, 2020 3:39 pm

Any help on my last query would be highly appreciated? I have uploaded all the documents now.

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Sun Jan 26, 2020 4:59 pm

There is one consent form with 3 parts. The first link covers all consent forms and that is why you are given option to download it.
2. Declaration signed by Mrs xyz to confirm consent for the Home Office to request
verification checks
That is part 1
1. Consent form for the Home Office to request verification checks on Mrs xyz for joint accounts or third party support
Part 2 and 3
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

chaubey2ait
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by chaubey2ait » Sun Jan 26, 2020 6:17 pm

Hi Zimba,

Thanks for your response. I am confused.

PART 1: Consent for the Home Office to verify application information : This is signed by the applicant. In this case by me.
PART 2: Consent for the Home Office to verify third party information : This is signed by my wife with whom I have joint account etc.

PART 3: Consent for the Home Office to verify information from third party
sponsor : This is not applicable to me

So my questions still remain the same why there is no link provided to download for (2. Declaration signed by Mrs xyz to confirm consent for the Home Office to request verification checks). I download this from here: https://visas-immigration.service.gov.u ... ration.pdf
I think this has to be signed by my wife.

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Sun Jan 26, 2020 6:38 pm

Zimba wrote:
Sun Jan 26, 2020 4:59 pm
There is one consent form with 3 parts. The first link covers all consent forms and that is why you are given option to download it.
I already told you that there is no separate consent form. I suggest you stop searching Google based on your own interpretation of what the list is asking you to submit. The link you found is merely a declaration and NOT a consent form. There is ONLY ONE consent form (with 3 parts) and you should sign parts where relevant to you. Your wife is NOT applying so there is no need for checks done on her. Part 2 will cover all evidence you shared with her
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

chaubey2ait
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by chaubey2ait » Sun Jan 26, 2020 7:07 pm

Thanks. I have uploaded PART 1 and PART 2.

Thanks everyone for your help.

chaubey2ait
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by chaubey2ait » Tue Jan 28, 2020 3:16 pm

Thanks to everyone for their help on this.

I had appointment at 9 am today and I got email around 3 PM that my application has been processed successfully and I will receive my BRP in 10 working days.. :D :D :D