ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Financial requirement amount to put in application

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

limey10
Mood:
Malaysia

ILR Set (M) straight forward application

Post by limey10 » Mon Jan 20, 2020 5:19 pm

Hi all.

Five years coming up for my wife in September this year (arrived September 2015), and just planning the process well ahead of time.

During the past 2 years I see that original documents no longer need to be sent to UKVI. I haven't found the complete documents list yet, but I am imagining that it does not differ too much from her last extension.

Is it okay to assume that 'no documents' includes her passport? With that in mind, could I also assume that travel outside of the UK during the application period is okay?

GBP800 for a 2 business day turnaround (holy cow - really getting their last drop of blood out of us eh - how do they justify that figure?), and six months if you don't choose to expedite; What are the average times for a straight forward application if we choose the latter?

Finally (for now), her current BRP doesn't expire until mid January 2021; so potentially a decision might not be forthcoming until 2 months after her current BRP expires - is overseas travel permitted during that 2 month period?

Thanks in advance for any and all replies received.

Phil

zimba
Mood:

Re: ILR Set (M) straight forward application

Post by zimba » Mon Jan 20, 2020 8:14 pm

Is it okay to assume that 'no documents' includes her passport? With that in mind, could I also assume that travel outside of the UK during the application period is okay?
No original document is sent however travel is not allowed as the application will be considered automatically withdrawn
GBP800 for a 2 business day turnaround (holy cow - really getting their last drop of blood out of us eh - how do they justify that figure?), and six months if you don't choose to expedite; What are the average times for a straight forward application if we choose the latter?
8 weeks to 6 months depending on the complexity
Finally (for now), her current BRP doesn't expire until mid January 2021; so potentially a decision might not be forthcoming until 2 months after her current BRP expires - is overseas travel permitted during that 2 month period?
No
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

limey10
Mood:
Malaysia

Post by limey10 » Mon Jan 20, 2020 9:40 pm

Hi Zimba
No original document is sent however travel is not allowed as the application will be considered automatically withdrawn
It's not that I doubt your answer, but given that my wife will still be the holder of a valid BRP and passport during the application process, do you know where it is written that travel is not allowed?
Thanks, Phil

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Tue Jan 21, 2020 12:22 am

It is based on Paragraph 34K of the immigration rules.
34K. Where proof of identity provided under paragraph 34(5) has been returned to the applicant pending a decision on their application for leave to remain and the applicant travels outside the common travel area their application for leave to remain shall, provided that it has not been determined, be treated as withdrawn on the date that the applicant left the common travel area.
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

limey10
Mood:
Malaysia

Post by limey10 » Tue Jan 21, 2020 3:59 pm

Thanks Zimba

limey10
Mood:
Malaysia

Financial requirement amount to put in application

Post by limey10 » Wed Aug 26, 2020 12:37 pm

Hi All. ILR time, isn't it exciting.

Okay, so filling out the online application. Regarding annual salary;

Is this contracted annual salary or what was actually earned i.e., as stated on P60?

Contracted salary is 16K but actual earnings is 21K (due to overtime).

With that in mind, which of these would be correct?

What do they earn? (Required)
The same amount continuously, above the financial requirement amount
The same amount continuously, below the financial requirement amount
Not the same amount continuously, above the financial requirement amount
Not the same amount continuously, below the financial requirement amount

Thanks in advance for all answers received.

Regards, Phil

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Re: Financial requirement amount to put in application

Post by seagul » Wed Aug 26, 2020 2:24 pm

limey10 wrote:
Wed Aug 26, 2020 12:37 pm
Hi All. ILR time, isn't it exciting.

Okay, so filling out the online application. Regarding annual salary;

Is this contracted annual salary or what was actually earned i.e., as stated on P60?

Contracted salary is 16K but actual earnings is 21K (due to overtime).

With that in mind, which of these would be correct?

What do they earn? (Required)
The same amount continuously, above the financial requirement amount
The same amount continuously, below the financial requirement amount
Not the same amount continuously, above the financial requirement amount
Not the same amount continuously, below the financial requirement amount

Thanks in advance for all answers received.

Regards, Phil
21k can be given provided the employer confirm the overtime in employer letter. You can either choose option 1 or option #3 (if you are happy in providing 12 months of financial documents).
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

limey10
Mood:
Malaysia

Post by limey10 » Wed Aug 26, 2020 3:38 pm

Hi Seagul

Unfortunately the employer has only mentioned the contract hours (16K). I think this is company policy.

Thankfully, we have another allowable source of income that takes us significantly above the threshold. So for that reason, I guess it will be option 4; with the other income source to take us above the financial requirement.

The documents list does not ask for a covering letter; but I feel it would be prudent to include one explain these details.

Thanks, Phil

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Wed Aug 26, 2020 6:50 pm

limey10 wrote:
Wed Aug 26, 2020 3:38 pm
Hi Seagul

Unfortunately the employer has only mentioned the contract hours (16K). I think this is company policy.
Many members have reported to have been experiencing same.
limey10 wrote:
Thankfully, we have another allowable source of income that takes us significantly above the threshold. So for that reason, I guess it will be option 4; with the other income source to take us above the financial requirement.
Make sure that source meet all conditions for being counted.
https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... .0-ext.pdf
limey10 wrote:
but I feel it would be prudent to include one explain these details.
good idea
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.