ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Indefinite leave to remain for my daughter

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Toluba
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Indefinite leave to remain for my daughter

Post by Toluba » Mon Feb 03, 2020 11:43 pm

Hello to everyone in house, this is my case: we have been granted discretionary leave to remain 2×3 ,last year we apply for our ilr as a family without one of our daughter because she went into care after the last discretionary leave to remain that was issued to us in 2016 , this is the reason we are not able to include her in our application because she is no more our dependent. So the local authority put in her own application separate with the help of a solicitor. Now our own application as been granted and they issued our indefinite leave to remain but a letter was sent to my daughter solicitor stating that her case is complex that is going to take them longer than 6 months to make a decision regarding her case. The issue now is I am worried that did we make a mistake of not adding her to our application. She is over 18 years now . What can we do in case the home office did not give her Indefinite leave to remain. Please someone help cause am really worried for her.

Toluba
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Re: Indefinite leave to remain for my daughter

Post by Toluba » Tue Feb 04, 2020 6:33 am

Some please help me regarding this matter. We did not include my non dependent daughter in our application because she is living in care she apply separately. She received a letter from home office saying her case is exceptionally complex that is going to take them more than six months to decide her case.. we have been granted our ilr, so my Question is did we make mistake by not adding her to our application, and in case home didn't give her indefinite leave to remain what next step can we take.
Someone please help me I really need your help.