ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Can i Apply ILR Long Residence from FLR-FP?

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

tally80
Mood:
Pakistan

Can i Apply ILR Long Residence from FLR-FP?

Post by tally80 » Tue Mar 17, 2020 2:00 pm

I am a wife of a British Citizen and we are living together. We have 3 children born in the UK (Ages: 9 , 5 ,4). My children are also British. I am on 10 Year Partner route Visa (FLR-FP) on the Basis of my Family & Private life. I have 30 months Leave to remain until 30 Sep. 2021.

I came to UK as Post Study Work (PSW) Dependant of my Husband on 23 Aug. 2010. Then switched with my husband to Tier 1 General Dependant in 2011. Then Extended with my husband as Tier 1 General Dependant in 2013. Then in 2016, my husband applied ILR on the basis of SET (O) and i also applied ILR as his dependant. My husband varied his ILR SET (O) application to SET (LR) in March 2017. I also varied my application to FLR-FP in May 2017. I got FLR-FP in March 2019.

I have no visa refusal inside or outside the UK ever. I have no civil or criminal conviction and clear police records. All of my applications were submitted on time in the UK. I stayed Total 156 Days outside the UK in the last 10 Years. My each single absence from the UK was less than 70 days. I passed the Life in the UK test in 2015. I have Trinity B1 (GESE Grade 5)- Speaking & Listening English Certificate.

I have attached my 3 Pages Home Office Decision Letter along with this email for you to read.

My question is: My current visa is 10 Year Partner route on the basis of Family and private life in the UK. My continuous and legal 10 years are completing in August 2020. Can i apply for ILR on the basis of Long Residence-10 Years (Set-LR) this year or Do i have to complete 10 Years again on this 10 Year Partner route? I am attaching my Decision letter for you to read and advise me please?

Please Advise me on this.

Kind regards,
Mrs. SF
Attachments
SF FLR-FP Decision Letter Page 1.jpg
SF FLR-FP Decision Letter Page 1.jpg (608.36 KiB) Viewed 585 times
SF FLR-FP Decision Letter Page 2.jpg
SF FLR-FP Decision Letter Page 2.jpg (642.82 KiB) Viewed 585 times
SF FLR-FP Decision Letter Page 3.jpg
SF FLR-FP Decision Letter Page 3.jpg (627.02 KiB) Viewed 585 times

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Re: Can i Apply ILR Long Residence from FLR-FP?

Post by seagul » Tue Mar 17, 2020 9:32 pm

All visas are counted towards achieving ILR under 10 years of long residence route.

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... 6.0ext.pdf
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

hina_pirzada
Member of Standing
Mood:

Post by hina_pirzada » Wed Mar 18, 2020 12:02 am

Yes are eligible to apply SET (LR)

ojliaa
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by ojliaa » Wed Mar 18, 2020 3:06 am

tally80 wrote:
Tue Mar 17, 2020 2:00 pm
I am a wife of a British Citizen and we are living together. We have 3 children born in the UK (Ages: 9 , 5 ,4). My children are also British. I am on 10 Year Partner route Visa (FLR-FP) on the Basis of my Family & Private life. I have 30 months Leave to remain until 30 Sep. 2021.

I came to the UK as Post Study Work (PSW) Dependant of my Husband on 23 Aug. 2010. Then switched with my husband to Tier 1 General Dependant in 2011. Then Extended with my husband as Tier 1 General Dependant in 2013. Then in 2016, my husband applied ILR on the basis of SET (O) and I also applied ILR as his dependant. My husband varied his ILR SET (O) application to SET (LR) in March 2017. I also varied my application to FLR-FP in May 2017. I got FLR-FP in March 2019.

I have no visa refusal inside or outside the UK ever. I have no civil or criminal conviction and clear police records. All of my applications were submitted on time in the UK. I stayed Total 156 Days outside the UK in the last 10 Years. My every single absence from the UK was less than 70 days. I passed the Life in the UK test in 2015. I have Trinity B1 (GESE Grade 5)- Speaking & Listening English Certificate.

I have attached my 3 Pages Home Office Decision Letter along with this email for you to read.

My question is: My current visa is 10 Year Partner route on the basis of Family and private life in the UK. My continuous and legal 10 years are completing in August 2020. Can I apply for ILR on the basis of Long Residence-10 Years (Set-LR) this year or Do I have to complete 10 Years again on this 10 Year Partner route? I am attaching my Decision letter for you to read and advise me, please?

Please Advise me on this.

Kind regards,
Mrs. SF
Yes, when you will have been in the UK legally for 10 years, you will be eligible to apply for SET-LR (No matter if you have been with different categories of visas)
Currently, I am also on Ten Year Partner Route but completed a combination of different immigration visas. Please see in the Eligibility section of the following:
https://www.gov.uk/long-residence/eligibility

tally80
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by tally80 » Wed Mar 18, 2020 1:00 pm

Thank you all for your kind replies. It was really helpful. I noticed one more concern from Govt. Approved English Test Website yesterday. My current English Certificate is B1 Speaking & Listening from Trinity (GESE Grade 5). But from 7 April 2020 afterwards, Trinity's all English Courses and all of its Test Centers are going to be removed from the Govt. Approved English Language Courses and Centers List. I have to submit my ILR Long residence application in August 2020. So, do i have to take English Language Test again from SELT- Secure English Language Test? Because only SELT will be on Govt. approved Test centers and course list after 07 April , 2020. Please see the Govt. Approved English Language Tests and Test Centers List Links for your reference and advise me on this please.

https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... uage-tests

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... v3_pdf.pdf