ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

**** COVID19 Life in the UK and English test centre closure **** (ONLY discuss here)

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Xiongmao
Newly Registered
China

Re: **** COVID19 Life in the UK and English test centre closure **** (ONLY discuss here)

Post by Xiongmao » Sun Apr 05, 2020 5:03 pm

I am in the same boat. I need to apply the infinity to remain at the middle of June but I can't sit the LIUK test due to the COVID19.
I read through the comments above. If the test centers are still not open at that moment, I will try to submit my application without the test result and upload the test result later before I attend the appointment. But how do I fill the LIUK field? The online form asks 'do you pass the LIUK test'. Should I tick "yes or no" if I decide to leave the reference number of LIUK blank?
Please let me know if any of you get better understanding of it.

zimba
Mood:

Re: **** COVID19 Life in the UK and English test centre closure **** (ONLY discuss here)

Post by zimba » Sun Apr 05, 2020 5:11 pm

Xiongmao wrote:
Sun Apr 05, 2020 5:03 pm
I am in the same boat. I need to apply the infinity to remain at the middle of June but I can't sit the LIUK test due to the COVID19.
I read through the comments above. If the test centers are still not open at that moment, I will try to submit my application without the test result and upload the test result later before I attend the appointment. But how do I fill the LIUK field? The online form asks 'do you pass the LIUK test'. Should I tick "yes or no" if I decide to leave the reference number of LIUK blank?
LEAVE IT BLANK :!: :!: :!: :!:
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

Xiongmao
Newly Registered
China

Post by Xiongmao » Sun Apr 05, 2020 5:27 pm

Zimba wrote:
Sun Apr 05, 2020 5:11 pm
Xiongmao wrote:
Sorry. Maybe I did not make my question very clearly. I understand that I should leave the reference number of LIUK test empty.

But the online form needs the applicant to choose answer of 'Yes' or 'no' to the question of 'have you passed the life in UK test'? The applicant can't progress the application further without answering that question. Which answer should I tick to my current situation?

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Sun Apr 05, 2020 9:02 pm

Choose the answer that lets you proceed :? :?
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

Annie1991
Newly Registered
China

Post by Annie1991 » Mon Apr 06, 2020 10:24 am

Xiongmao wrote:
Sun Apr 05, 2020 5:27 pm
Zimba wrote:
Xiongmao wrote:
Sorry. Maybe I did not make my question very clearly. I understand that I should leave the reference number of LIUK test empty.

But the online form needs the applicant to choose answer of 'Yes' or 'no' to the question of 'have you passed the life in UK test'? The applicant can't progress the application further without answering that question. Which answer should I tick to my current situation?
Hi there. I have got mixed answers from the HO. 1. tick "no" to the answer and provide a cover letter with the test results when uploading your documents; 2. tick "yes" to the answer and provide a dummy reference number, then provide a cover letter with the test results when uploading your documents.....

To be honest, I am really lost now... Please let me know if you have further info.

Mcp788
Newly Registered

Post by Mcp788 » Mon Apr 06, 2020 1:29 pm

Hi,
We cannot leave it blank so have to say Yes/no . I would rather say no and leave comments somewhere also leave a covering letter with details . I am planning to call them soon will post the reply I got as well. Does anyone know if we upload documents when we submit or we can do it later ?

biradarsk01
Newly Registered
India

Post by biradarsk01 » Mon Apr 06, 2020 3:34 pm

I contacted life in the UK test helpline and reply as follows:

" At this present time, as we cannot confirm when you will be able to take your test, Home Office have confirmed that you are able to take your Life In The UK test with an expired ID.

If you require further information regarding extending your visa you will be required to contact Home Office."

I further asked them to provide the home office contact email id to be contacted.

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Mon Apr 06, 2020 4:29 pm

Your ILR eligibility is based on evidence and docs provided NOT solely the answers on the form. So the answer becomes irrelevant as long as you provide the evidence that you have done your LIUK before a decision is made. I repeat here that you must submit your application in anyway possible and then provide explanation and evidence when uploading your documents later when you got your LIUK pass.
Caseworker will consider the evidence and ignores the answer on the form :!: :!: :!:

Annie1991
Newly Registered
China

Post by Annie1991 » Thu Apr 16, 2020 8:02 pm

Hi there,

Just checking if anyone had a recent experience submitting the ILR application without passing the Life in the UK test? As the lockdown got extended today, I am not sure if my test in May will happen. If you have done so, could you please share your experience?

Many thanks,
Annie

EPW
Newly Registered
Australia

Post by EPW » Fri Apr 17, 2020 2:41 pm

May 1st test cancelled - rescheduled for mid June after my visa has expired. Spoke with home office told me to still apply and then wait to sit the test, then hung up on me mid question...very nice and understanding of the stress this is causing to a lot of people...not

I am in the bridal parity for 2 weddings, one in July and one in August which at this stage are going ahead so this is really stressing me and a lot of other people out..like I’m sure it is everyone else I the same situation as me.

When will the short extensions be given for those with June expireries??!!!

Mcp788
Newly Registered

Post by Mcp788 » Mon Apr 20, 2020 11:07 am

Saw situation got a test slot for July when visa expires june. Just checked the website no mention of any extensions yet but will keep an eye out.

AnILRApplicant
Mood:

Post by AnILRApplicant » Tue Apr 21, 2020 7:57 am

Mcp788 wrote:
Mon Apr 20, 2020 11:07 am
Saw situation got a test slot for July when visa expires june. Just checked the website no mention of any extensions yet but will keep an eye out.
Do you mind me asking where you are based - I'm in London and there are slots in some test centres here for June

Mcp788
Newly Registered

Post by Mcp788 » Tue Apr 21, 2020 8:22 am

I am based in Glasgow . Both Glasgow and Edinburgh are completely booked

Dipt27
Newly Registered

Post by Dipt27 » Tue Apr 21, 2020 12:53 pm

Hiya all, just read all post and messages. In a same situation. Visa expiring on June 2nd and test date received for June 15th. Spoke to immigration team they saying provide a cover letter stating reason's along with documents. Really stressing times as not much information is provided.

Hopefully there should be an exemption or levy for us to provide exams after submission date as well.

Dipt27
Newly Registered

Post by Dipt27 » Tue Apr 21, 2020 2:00 pm

Mcp788 wrote:
Thu Apr 02, 2020 9:32 pm
Hi,

I am in the same boat. Visa expiring June 2 need to apply for ILR and life in Uk test moved twice currently scheduled May 5. Called immigration on the covid helpline and they said wait for a few days and there are chances they will blank out the LIUK test but she was not sure it may or may not happen. Planning to submit my application anyway latest by may 20 but does anyone know if we submit application and wait for centres to open to give bio metric ? If anyone is submitting application please let me know what you did for the LIUK test field .
Same issue here, not much information online. Do you think writing to your local mp would help??? As this needs some clarification or waiver for sometime those who are affected. so, that those who genuinely submitted and where reskd's happened they can be assisted or get more correct steps to follow. You can use below link to find your mp and write to them a quick email. So, that this can help us put our question accross.

https://www.writetothem.com/

Dipt27
Newly Registered

Post by Dipt27 » Tue Apr 21, 2020 2:04 pm

Annie1991 wrote:
Mon Apr 06, 2020 10:24 am
Xiongmao wrote:
Sun Apr 05, 2020 5:27 pm
Zimba wrote:
Xiongmao wrote:

Hi there. I have got mixed answers from the HO. 1. tick "no" to the answer and provide a cover letter with the test results when uploading your documents; 2. tick "yes" to the answer and provide a dummy reference number, then provide a cover letter with the test results when uploading your documents.....

To be honest, I am really lost now... Please let me know if you have further info.
Don't provide dummy number, as my immigration lawyer confirmed You get an online reference number after passing and that shows all your dates and stuff.

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Tue Apr 21, 2020 2:07 pm

Dipt27 wrote:
Tue Apr 21, 2020 2:00 pm
Mcp788 wrote:
Hi,

I am in the same boat. Visa expiring June 2 need to apply for ILR and life in Uk test moved twice currently scheduled May 5. Called immigration on the covid helpline and they said wait for a few days and there are chances they will blank out the LIUK test but she was not sure it may or may not happen. Planning to submit my application anyway latest by may 20 but does anyone know if we submit application and wait for centres to open to give bio metric ? If anyone is submitting application please let me know what you did for the LIUK test field .
Same issue here, not much information online. Do you think writing to your local mp would help??? As this needs some clarification or waiver for sometime those who are affected. so, that those who genuinely submitted and where reskd's happened they can be assisted or get more correct steps to follow. You can use below link to find your mp and write to them a quick email. So, that this can help us put our question accross.

What clarifications you need ??! Why should you be given a waiver ??! You are expected to meet the requirements including LIUK and English. Submit your application NOW and only attend the appointment when you have the evidence

Dipt27
Newly Registered

Post by Dipt27 » Tue Apr 21, 2020 2:26 pm

Zimba wrote:
Tue Apr 21, 2020 2:07 pm
Dipt27 wrote:
Mcp788 wrote:
Hi,

What clarifications you need ??! Why should you be given a waiver ??! You are expected to meet the requirements including LIUK and English. Submit your application NOW and only attend the appointment when you have the evidence

I was meant for a waiver to submit application without test reference number. As it only says Yes or No Tab in application. When you click No system understands that You are excempt. So not much to do after that or submit your answer. So i am not asking a levy to not give a test just to have what are the options or guidelines are there for applicants like us.

Secondly call center staff doesnt have appropriate information what to tell when we phone them up. Everytime answer is different. Thats why i was meant to get some clear guide lines for all those people affected from this.
Peace out

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Apr 21, 2020 2:31 pm

Dipt27 wrote:
Tue Apr 21, 2020 2:26 pm
Zimba wrote:
Dipt27 wrote:
Mcp788 wrote:
Hi,

I was meant for a waiver to submit application without test reference number. As it only says Yes or No Tab in application. When you click No system understands that You are excempt. So not much to do after that or submit your answer. So i am not asking a levy to not give a test just to have what are the options or guidelines are there for applicants like us.

Secondly call center staff doesnt have appropriate information what to tell when we phone them up. Everytime answer is different. Thats why i was meant to get some clear guide lines for all those people affected from this.
Peace out
1. You won't get a waiver to avoid or delay applying. You just submit online before your visa expires. If you do not, you become an overstayer. Simply complete the form to progress and complete, do the test when you can and upload with a brief covering letter. You are overthinking this.

2. The call centre is outsourced to a third party agency!!
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Dipt27
Newly Registered

Post by Dipt27 » Tue Apr 21, 2020 2:39 pm

CR001 wrote:
Tue Apr 21, 2020 2:31 pm
Dipt27 wrote:
Tue Apr 21, 2020 2:26 pm
Zimba wrote:
Dipt27 wrote:

Peace out
1. You won't get a waiver to avoid or delay applying. You just submit online before your visa expires. If you do not, you become an overstayer. Simply complete the form to progress and complete, do the test when you can and upload with a brief covering letter. You are overthinking this.

2. The call centre is outsourced to a third party agency!!
thank you, yes just stressed and thinking too much about this.

corasson

Post by corasson » Wed Apr 29, 2020 10:54 pm

Hi everyone, I just thought I will comment since I am also in the process of applying for my indefinite leave to remain. I 1st entered the UK in May 23. My current leave is valid till 19 of June 2020. I have already completed the form online and saved it for letter. At the question have u done your life in the UK test. I have answered NO, and for the next one asking me if I was exempt, I answered NO. English test I was asked if I have ever use English test before for my previous application I said yes. At the end in my list of documents need to provide nothing regarding ltuk test nor English. Now I still went and book my ltuk test and the earliest date was 23/05, if I get the certificate before June I will add it if not I will submit my application in June without. I cannot provide something I don't have, there is no magic.
And I'm not stress about it at all. I have been stress for the past 10 years. No more!!!

Shanvasu

Post by Shanvasu » Thu Apr 30, 2020 9:13 pm

I'd same doubt why the required documents section doesn't not listed Life in UK and English test completion as evidence?

please advise, is it allowed to submit an application without these 2 documents since its not listed on mandatory documents?

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Thu Apr 30, 2020 11:56 pm

Shanvasu wrote:
Thu Apr 30, 2020 9:13 pm
I'd same doubt why the required documents section doesn't not listed Life in UK and English test completion as evidence?

please advise, is it allowed to submit an application without these 2 documents since its not listed on mandatory documents?
It has been repeated several times now :? Your application will be decided based on your submitted documents not simply answers in the online form

camyhello
Newly Registered

Post by camyhello » Sun May 03, 2020 5:38 pm

Hi All,
Does any one know when the test centers are greeting opened this month?

Any updates please .

Thanks ,
Camy

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun May 03, 2020 5:41 pm

camyhello wrote:
Sun May 03, 2020 5:38 pm
Hi All,
Does any one know when the test centers are greeting opened this month?

Any updates please .

Thanks ,
Camy
No, we don't know. Some members have had their appointments rescheduled to mod to end of June!
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.