ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR 5 year spouse visa route

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

VICPAL
Newly Registered

ILR 5 year spouse visa route

Post by VICPAL » Mon Mar 23, 2020 2:26 pm

Hi Everyone,

I am planning to apply for my ILR next month (5-year spouse visa route). I am going to do the application myself. So, thought to take advise from knowledge wealthy ppl in forum. I have some questions for it before I start. I have gone through various threads here but not able to get all answers. So, I am only asking the questions which i couldn't found earlier.

1. Which are the options for the applications? I mean postal, premium service, online?
2. If there is postal application option for ILR then
- Where to find application form and which form need to fill?
- Step by step guide for postal application .
3. If there is no postal service, but only online option now.
- Which site for online application?
- Step by step guide for online application.
4. If there is premium service (where you can book appointment and do online application and present with all Docs).

- Step by step guide for premium service application for ILR.

5. How to send documents, in case you do postal application?
6. How to send documents for online application?
7. Do we need all doc original? I have all utility bills as online (save paper), my Salary slip also online.
8. How many minimum joint address proofs needed?
9. What is the avg time to get result for your application by Postal service or online application?

Thanks,
V

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: ILR 5 year spouse visa route

Post by CR001 » Mon Mar 23, 2020 2:36 pm

1. There is NO postal option anymore. You have Super Premium which costs an extra £800 or you have Standard Service which is 8 weeks.

2. Irrelevant, there is no postal option anymore.

3. https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... -form-setm
Complete the form, then if any questions, ask. You only book your UKCVAS appointment AFTER you complete the form.

4. You apply online regardless of Super Priority or Standard Service. You choose the option you want and book and pay then you make your appointment. You have to scan and upload all your documents before your appointment with UKCVAS.

5. Irrelevant, there is NO postal service. You must apply online only.

6. You upload documents before your UKCVAS appointment.

7. NO originals are sent to HO anymore.

8. 2 years evidence in both your names form at least 3 different sources.

9. Super Priority usually within 24 hours after your appointment, though this is not guaranteed. Standard Service is up to 8 weeks but can also take longer.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

VICPAL
Newly Registered

Post by VICPAL » Mon Mar 23, 2020 3:10 pm

CR001 wrote:
Mon Mar 23, 2020 2:36 pm
1. There is NO postal option anymore. You have Super Premium which costs an extra £800 or you have Standard Service which is 8 weeks.

2. Irrelevant, there is no postal option anymore.

3. https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... -form-setm
Complete the form, then if any questions, ask. You only book your UKCVAS appointment AFTER you complete the form.

4. You apply online regardless of Super Priority or Standard Service. You choose the option you want and book and pay then you make your appointment. You have to scan and upload all your documents before your appointment with UKCVAS.

5. Irrelevant, there is NO postal service. You must apply online only.

6. You upload documents before your UKCVAS appointment.

7. NO originals are sent to HO anymore.

8. 2 years evidence in both your names form at least 3 different sources.

9. Super Priority usually within 24 hours after your appointment, though this is not guaranteed. Standard Service is up to 8 weeks but can also take longer.
. 2 years evidence in both your names form at least 3 different sources. [/quote]

I can provide individual address proof for myself and wife for 3 different sources but i guess only 1 record is joint name which is utility bill. is it okay.? or do we need more than 1 joint record?

Casa

Post by Casa » Mon Mar 23, 2020 5:50 pm

If not in joint names, you need 6 each in single names from 3 different sources, spread as evenly as possible over the qualifying period.

Regarding submitting a Premium application, this may prove tricky with 25 of the 57 Sopra Steria centres now closed due to Covid-19 :idea:
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.