ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR application due Wed. shall i still apply during COVID crisis

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

amrotab123
Newly Registered

ILR application due Wed. shall i still apply during COVID crisis

Post by amrotab123 » Mon Mar 23, 2020 2:48 pm

Dear All,
I'm due to submit my ILR application on March 25th, and was planning to pay for super priority service. Do you have any information about Home office and UKVCAS still accepting and processing applications?

Casa

Re: ILR application due Wed. shall i still apply during COVID crisis

Post by Casa » Mon Mar 23, 2020 6:00 pm

amrotab123 wrote:
Mon Mar 23, 2020 2:48 pm
Dear All,
I'm due to submit my ILR application on March 25th, and was planning to pay for super priority service. Do you have any information about Home office and UKVCAS still accepting and processing applications?
Information in the link below with a list of Sopra Steria centres which are now closed due to COVID-19

https://www.ukvcas.co.uk/flash-message- ... geId=56249
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

pm07
Newly Registered

Post by pm07 » Mon Mar 23, 2020 6:32 pm

Apart the centres in libraries that have closed list, I can confirm other centres are open and processing normally and you must not attend the appointment if you should be self-isolating.

I had mine today and asked at the end whether they thought they would be shutting down soon. My agent said they had no word either way and did not know.

I would strongly recommend you submit and do it as soon as you can to get your application in the system. Except unless you need to travel out of the UK or have any other reason not to risk delays in processing time.

Anything could change at any time and any day. Sopra Steria bosses will surely be making daily decisions on the safety of staff and customers and also UKVI could have delays if they need to for their staff too.

singma33

Post by singma33 » Mon Mar 23, 2020 8:09 pm

Also looking to submit it this week on super priority service, my visa expires on 15/04.

I am also heavily pregnant due to give birth end of next month, we are also planning to move as well mid May. In any case the application does go as planned will I be able to get my BRP by mid May? If not can you change the delivery address of the card to be sent to another address because I would have moved.