ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

**** COVID19 and UKVCAS Appointments **** (ONLY discuss here)

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

iamawonder
Mood:
India

Re: **** COVID19 and UKVCAS Biometrics Appointments **** (ONLY discuss here)

Post by iamawonder » Tue Sep 08, 2020 5:50 pm

Luluokis29 wrote:
Tue Sep 08, 2020 5:48 pm
iamawonder wrote:
Tue Sep 08, 2020 5:32 pm
CULLINAN wrote:
Tue Sep 08, 2020 5:26 pm
@iamawonder
The code never came to me also when i registered on UKVCAS using a GMAIL account(not even in spam folder). So, I immediately tried with OUTLOOK email and the code was received instantly. So, try another email provider.
So you have two different email address for your UKVI and UKVCAS accounts?
Yes, different account. My solicitor registered with his own account at UKVI. He filled my form etc. But he registered with UKVCAS with my personal email (this is where I gave him my outlook.com to try since code wasn't arriving on gmail. We were in a phone call when we submitted the form, made payment and registered with UKVCAS. So, I got all appointments and IDV related communication on my own id. Also, I got the caseworker's email requesting documents at my UKVCAS registered email.
This is indeed interesting. Please how can he now try with a new email? Please kindly list the steps to follow 🙏
Book appointment
Take you to the ukvcas page but then no log in details...... Clicks reset password button, no email. The process has been attempted severally. Thanks @iamawonder@cullinan
It is hard for me to answer as my solicitor registered for me and I don't know the UKVI website interface. Once he had made payment and was ready to register with UKVCAS, he just told me that he needs my personal email to register at UKVCAS and when the first one didn't work (no code recieved), he asked for any other email account to try.

shahkb
Pakistan

Post by shahkb » Tue Sep 08, 2020 5:52 pm

Luluokis29 wrote:
Tue Sep 08, 2020 4:21 pm
Good to hear that the IDV app decisions are coming in.
Applied 4th April
Received IDV invite on the 22/8/2020. Did it same evening
Still waiting ..... 🤔 Getting really frustrated!!!
Tell me about it ! Its so off sequence. People applied after us are getting decisions and applied before us are getting decisions.

Maybe their caseworkers were on Redbull or on a good morning coffee.

What did you apply for ?

Luluokis29
Mood:

Post by Luluokis29 » Tue Sep 08, 2020 5:55 pm

shahkb wrote:
Tue Sep 08, 2020 5:52 pm
Luluokis29 wrote:
Applied 4th April
Tell me about it ! Its so off sequence. People applied after us are getting decisions and applied before us are getting decisions.

What did you apply for ?
I applied for SET LR...

shahkb
Pakistan

Post by shahkb » Tue Sep 08, 2020 6:00 pm

Luluokis29 wrote:
Tue Sep 08, 2020 5:55 pm
shahkb wrote:
Luluokis29 wrote:
Applied 4th April

What did you apply for ?
I applied for SET LR...
Mine is ILR SET M. Applied on 12th April.

So frustrating.. just want it to end.

n8net
- thin ice -

Post by n8net » Tue Sep 08, 2020 6:33 pm

hi guys,

after some time - hope every one is ok.

I opted in for IDV and received invite last week (applied July 15)

I hv not uploaded any docs though - can I use the webite to upload the docs and use app for bio only ? (coz I find hard to upload all docs via phone)

only thing is for passport - we need to upload all pages not just with the visa pages - if so can I use the phone camera to do it ?

any1 gone this path -could confirm will be useful.

Thanks

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Tue Sep 08, 2020 6:36 pm

@n8net

Upload your documents on the UKVCAS website.
Sign out the IDV app and sign in again.
The same should appear on the IDV app also.
Do the final submission via the IDV app including IDV verification.

Best to upload all passport pages including blank (recommended but not necessary).
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

krishnakumarg
- thin ice -
India

Post by krishnakumarg » Tue Sep 08, 2020 6:54 pm

What I don't understand is the following:

Why can't solicitors fill out the online form as applicant's email address instead of their own?

Then the applicants are not hamstrung by emails arriving in somebody else's inbox and waiting for them to forward it to you. Too much effort for them to filter emails with the same subject line and correctly forward to the correct client.

If the solicitor still wants some control, they could consider creating a shared email account dedicated for this application and auto-forward all emails to their own inbox (to save them the trouble of logging into 45 inboxes everyday).

Relying on correct mass mail handling with a third party s inbox doesn't sound appealing.

n8net
- thin ice -

Post by n8net » Tue Sep 08, 2020 7:11 pm

thanks Cullinan, u r awesome as usual - didn't realise all passport pages are not mandatory.

will do you you suggested - how are the typical timeframe between submission and decision these days pls

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Tue Sep 08, 2020 7:12 pm

n8net wrote:
Tue Sep 08, 2020 7:11 pm
thanks Cullinan, u r awesome as usual - didn't realise all passport pages are not mandatory.

will do you you suggested - how are the typical timeframe between submission and decision these days pls
Bio page plus stamp pages are mandatory. Blank pages included as in full passport is recommended.

Can not comment for sure but many members have reported getting a decision within 2/3 weeks after submitting biometrics.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

Toxic
Pakistan

Post by Toxic » Tue Sep 08, 2020 7:15 pm

n8net wrote:
Tue Sep 08, 2020 6:33 pm
hi guys,

after some time - hope every one is ok.

I opted in for IDV and received invite last week (applied July 15)

I hv not uploaded any docs though - can I use the webite to upload the docs and use app for bio only ? (coz I find hard to upload all docs via phone)

only thing is for passport - we need to upload all pages not just with the visa pages - if so can I use the phone camera to do it ?

any1 gone this path -could confirm will be useful.

Thanks
Scan the full passport. Not neceassry but better

ravi2326
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by ravi2326 » Tue Sep 08, 2020 7:23 pm

Application submitted (along with one dependant): August 3rd
Submitted biometrics through app: September 5th
Got the below email today. Is this a generic email that everyone receives or only some applicants? This is worrying. Please advise.

Dear Customer,

Thank you for your application for permission to stay in the UK.
We apologise for the inconvenience, however, due to the worldwide response to COVID-19, UKVI services are currently limited and we are not able to meet our usual service standards.
Although we would normally decide your application within six months from the date it was submitted, unfortunately this is may not be possible in your case.
As global travel and public health restrictions begin to lift following coronavirus, Visa Application Centres (VACs) and UK Visa and Citizenship Application Centres (UKVCAS) are resuming services where local restrictions allow, it is safe, and both customers and staff are protected.
In order to provide services for our most vulnerable customers, Support Service Centres (SSCs) reopened a limited service from 20 April and UKVCAS commenced a wider phased resumption of services from 1 June 2020. However, given the impact across our whole network, this process will take time and not all UKVI services are going to be available immediately, or at full capacity.

rose13
Newly Registered

Post by rose13 » Tue Sep 08, 2020 7:28 pm

shahkb wrote:
Tue Sep 08, 2020 6:00 pm
Luluokis29 wrote:
Tue Sep 08, 2020 5:55 pm
shahkb wrote:
Luluokis29 wrote:
Applied 4th April

What did you apply for ?
I applied for SET LR...
Mine is ILR SET M. Applied on 12th April.

So frustrating.. just want it to end.
Same for me I just want this nightmare to over. I am also SET M applied 1st April. Wish I could do something about it. :(

gyanp

Post by gyanp » Tue Sep 08, 2020 7:37 pm

krishnakumarg wrote:
Tue Sep 08, 2020 6:54 pm

Why can't solicitors fill out the online form as applicant's email address instead of their own?

Then the applicants are not hamstrung by emails arriving in somebody else's inbox and waiting for them to forward it to you. Too much effort for them to filter emails with the same subject line and correctly forward to the correct client.

If the solicitor still wants some control, they could consider creating a shared email account dedicated for this application and auto-forward all emails to their own inbox (to save them the trouble of logging into 45 inboxes everyday).

Relying on correct mass mail handling with a third party s inbox doesn't sound appealing.
You are right. Solicitors are delaying case. In my case same thing happened. My application was submitted on 4-Aug-2020 ILR (LR). However, because Solicitor did not click on "continue" button on biometric page, UKVCAS did not get my application. I was waiting and wondering why my solicitor is not getting any email for my application. I checked with my solicitor, he kept on saying. It will come. I checked with UKVCAS twitter yesterday and they confirmed UKVCAS did not receive application because solicitor did not press "continue" button. I was very annoyed with this and challenged solicitor. He gave some excuse saying he had submitted button to showcase he knows the process. But there was some technical issue. He discussed with UKVCAS and they have resolved it.
So in summary after paying hefty amount to solicitor, I have now wasted 1 month and 4 days. So I will strongly recommend not to go through solicitor because you don't have any control and they don't worry about your application as you do because they have lot of application. One more thing I realised today that he did not upload all the documents that I had given him earlier as he asked me few documents today,

typhoon476
Newly Registered
Turkey

Post by typhoon476 » Tue Sep 08, 2020 7:42 pm

rose13 wrote:
Tue Sep 08, 2020 7:28 pm
Same for me I just want this nightmare to over. I am also SET M applied 1st April. Wish I could do something about it. :(
Similar status for me. I'm on Set O, straightforward Tier 2 visa, no dependants, applied to ILR after 5 years. Still waiting for decision while people who applied months later and attended in person instead of using the app are getting their decisions.

I guess no one knows what UKVI is doing with IDV applications. Are the case workers on holiday? Don't they have someone else picking up the cases if they resign? Maybe their Atlas system needs new features to integrate Onfido or something like that for identity verification? Or maybe Priti Patel is bullying case workers so they cannot work (she seems to like bullying)? Who knows really at the moment, all is just speculation. Will we get results in a few weeks? Months? Maybe more than 6 months as they have sent an email with a covid excuse already?

It's just omnishambles at the home office guys. If you need to travel abroad to visit ill family or friends, tough luck. Hostile policy has taken you hostage.

going_dicey12
Newly Registered

Post by going_dicey12 » Tue Sep 08, 2020 7:47 pm

On the topic of dealing w/ solicitors + intermediaries. Could anyone who's recently received an ILR decision (but not yet received their BRP card) check whether their current or new details show when going to this link? https://right-to-work.service.gov.uk/prove

I've read elsewhere that this updates almost instantaneously after a decision )i.e. it will show an indefinite right to work rather than your current leave expiry). My solicitor sometimes takes 2-3 days to forward me Home Office updates and it would give me some comfort if I could monitor this link.

P.s. it was not my choice to use a solicitor!

krishnakumarg
- thin ice -
India

Post by krishnakumarg » Tue Sep 08, 2020 7:48 pm

gyanp wrote:
Tue Sep 08, 2020 7:37 pm
krishnakumarg wrote:
Tue Sep 08, 2020 6:54 pm

You are right. Solicitors are delaying case. In my case same thing happened. My application was submitted on 4-Aug-2020 ILR (LR). However, because Solicitor did not click on "continue" button on biometric page, UKVCAS did not get my application. I was waiting and wondering why my solicitor is not getting any email for my application. I checked with my solicitor, he kept on saying. It will come. I checked with UKVCAS twitter yesterday and they confirmed UKVCAS did not receive application because solicitor did not press "continue" button. I was very annoyed with this and challenged solicitor. He gave some excuse saying he had submitted button to showcase he knows the process. But there was some technical issue. He discussed with UKVCAS and they have resolved it.
So in summary after paying hefty amount to solicitor, I have now wasted 1 month and 4 days. So I will strongly recommend not to go through solicitor because you don't have any control and they don't worry about your application as you do because they have lot of application. One more thing I realised today that he did not upload all the documents that I had given him earlier as he asked me few documents today,
That's unprofessional. Tough luck on you. Hope your application can progress soon.

We've talked about disadvantages in using a solicitor. What are the list of advantages in using them? Why do they exist? Surely, there must be some purpose for their existence?

RosemaryM
Newly Registered
Wales

Post by RosemaryM » Tue Sep 08, 2020 7:55 pm

going_dicey12 wrote:
Tue Sep 08, 2020 11:09 am
Hi everyone -- is there anyone who submitted biometrics in August who are still waiting for a decision letter? I'm a June applicant and deliberately opted out of the app based on the implication that a decision would come quicker w/ an in-person appointment. I have an exceedingly straightforward application (Set O off the back of T2 5 years). Is there a line or email address I can call, similar to what outside UK applicants have? Is there anything I can do to escalate? I emailed my MP in July who emailed the home office MP email address on my behalf. I just want to make sure I've exhausted all possible avenues. Frustrating to see people who've submitted bio-metrics via the app this month who've already had decisions (I can't fathom the frustration I'd have if I was one of the march/april applicants).
Same here. I went to the UKVCAS center and given fingerprint on 18 Aug, but still waiting for the decision. My case is even more straightforward, as I am applying as a Tier 2 dependent with my baby, and my husband has already been granted and I have been his dependent for 5 years. 3 weeks already - nothing! I have called UKVI and emailed the caseworker a few times, no reply. The guy picked up the call of UKVI said I could write to them via post, so I did. But still waiting. So frustrated!

AugApp
Newly Registered
Japan

Post by AugApp » Tue Sep 08, 2020 8:00 pm

I applied 5 Aug and I got the IDV app invitation today.

The official deadline for August applicant is 14 September 2020, However, I decided to contact UKVCAS via Twitter DM. The answer I was expecting "Wait until 14 Sep.", But they said "I will look into this and get back in touch with you within 1 working day". After 1 day waiting, they clearly replied me "You should receive an invitation today".
As promised, IDV app and in-person appointments opened for me at 6pm today.

If someone is stack on IDV app invitation, It seems UKVCAS twitter is the right path to solve.

P.S. I assume My invitation delay was caused by I sent opt-out request. When I applied the application, opt-out process for Mar-July applicants was on going and the way was shared in this forum. I foolishly tried the request since I thought same process will be taken for Aug applicants and Faster request may make faster process. Of course nothing happened as August applicant. However, Probably (not 100% sure, but I believe) I was kicked off from IDV app invitation list by the request. so I sent "Opt-in me" to UKVCAS twitter. :|

going_dicey12
Newly Registered

Post by going_dicey12 » Tue Sep 08, 2020 8:04 pm

RosemaryM wrote:
Tue Sep 08, 2020 7:55 pm
going_dicey12 wrote:
Hi everyone -- is there anyone who submitted biometrics in August who are still waiting for a decision letter? I'm a June applicant and deliberately opted out of the app based on the implication that a decision would come quicker w/ an in-person appointment. I have an exceedingly straightforward application (Set O off the back of T2 5 years). Is there a line or email address I can call, similar to what outside UK applicants have? Is there anything I can do to escalate? I emailed my MP in July who emailed the home office MP email address on my behalf. I just want to make sure I've exhausted all possible avenues. Frustrating to see people who've submitted bio-metrics via the app this month who've already had decisions (I can't fathom the frustration I'd have if I was one of the march/april applicants).
Same here. I went to the UKVCAS center and given fingerprint on 18 Aug, but still waiting for the decision. My case is even more straightforward, as I am applying as a Tier 2 dependent with my baby, and my husband has already been granted and I have been his dependent for 5 years. 3 weeks already - nothing! I have called UKVI and emailed the caseworker a few times, no reply. The guy picked up the call of UKVI said I could write to them via post, so I did. But still waiting. So frustrated!
Ughhh. So sorry you're stuck in this limbo too :/. I just don't get the logic of how so many people who've submitted biometrics after us have heard back. What address did they give you to send post to?

RosemaryM
Newly Registered
Wales

Post by RosemaryM » Tue Sep 08, 2020 8:19 pm

going_dicey12 wrote:
Tue Sep 08, 2020 8:04 pm
RosemaryM wrote:
Tue Sep 08, 2020 7:55 pm
going_dicey12 wrote:
Ughhh. So sorry you're stuck in this limbo too :/. I just don't get the logic of how so many people who've submitted biometrics after us have heard back. What address did they give you to send post to?
The case worker has send us email before requesting docs, in the signature section is their office address in Sheffield. So I just send the post to this address.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Tue Sep 08, 2020 8:28 pm

Although some of the applicants have been VERY lucky to receive very quick decisions after biometrics, you have to understand that NOT everyone get a quick decision and mileage may vary case to case.

Every case is decided on its own merits. You may think your case is straight forward but ANY single outstanding enquiry can cause delays/require more time.

I hope everyone is lucky to get a quick decision but getting impatient is pointless since you can NOT compare your individual case to anyone else’s circumstance.

The standard processing time for majority visa categories is 6 months and the 2/3 weeks decision turnaround after biometrics (some reported) may not apply in ALL cases.

krishnakumarg
- thin ice -
India

Post by krishnakumarg » Tue Sep 08, 2020 8:31 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Tue Sep 08, 2020 8:28 pm
Although some of the applicants have been VERY lucky to receive very quick decisions after biometrics, you have to understand that NOT everyone gets a quick decision and mileage may vary case to case.

Every case is decided on its own merits. You may think your case is straight forward but ANY single outstanding enquiry can cause delays/require more time.

I hope everyone is lucky to get quick decision but getting impatient is pointless since you can NOT compare your individual case to anyone else’s.

The standard processing time for majority visa categories is 6 months and the 2/3 weeks decision turnaround after biometrics (some reported) may not apply in ALL cases.
Yes. These are standard processing times. Fully support this.

Even in the categories with 6 month standard processing time, 90% of applications are decided within 3 weeks, if I remember correctly. You can look up UKVIs service standards (valid for pre-covid era).

GTBS8
Newly Registered
Canada

Post by GTBS8 » Tue Sep 08, 2020 8:33 pm

I'm applying for SET (O) tier 2 after 5+ years
I submitted my documents via the app on the 29th.

After reading this thread I think I mistakenly only provided Bio pages for my passports. I tried uploading and submitting the full ones now but the submit button is inactive.

Is there any way I can submit the new supporting documents? Is it worth trying to book a face to face appointment to hand these in? Or should I just wait for UKVI to contact me?

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Tue Sep 08, 2020 8:35 pm

GTBS8 wrote:
Tue Sep 08, 2020 8:33 pm

After reading this thread I think I mistakenly only provided Bio pages for my passports. I tried uploading and submitting the full ones now but the submit button is inactive.

Is there any way I can submit the new supporting documents? Is it worth trying to book a face to face appointment to hand these in? Or should I just wait for UKVI to contact me?
You may have to consider booking an appointment now otherwise your case maybe delayed till UKVI requests you to submit additional documents.
If your not in a rush, wait for the CW to contact you.

daenyt
Mood:

Post by daenyt » Tue Sep 08, 2020 8:55 pm

GTBS8 wrote:
Tue Sep 08, 2020 8:33 pm

This is exactly what has happened to me too. I submitted via the IDV app on 25th of August. I thought I was sure about all the documents including my passport. Well turns out I have to submit every page of my passport and not just the bio pages. Who knew? I never ever saw this on anything anywhere until last week. Great! And yeah my submit button doesn't work either anymore, although I have uploaded my passport with all the pages after I submitted via the IDV app. Now I am seriously contemplating paying to go for an in-person appointment. :mrgreen: