ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

**** COVID19 and UKVCAS Appointments **** (ONLY discuss here)

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Re: **** COVID19 and UKVCAS Biometrics Appointments **** (ONLY discuss here)

Post by CULLINAN » Fri Sep 11, 2020 3:39 pm

@ukresident01
Thanks a alot for your input, it certainly relaxes me. But as long as i remember the biometric submission date was discarded due to COVID because people couldnt book any slots and ukvcas centres were closed.
Due to corona no previous applicants will be penalised for missing the deadline. But since now the backlog has subsided, its common sense for new applicants not to miss the deadline.
If someone applied on 30th Aug and is given appointment/IDV access on 11th Sep and choose not to submit biometrics till 3rd Nov (or deadline) and misses the deadline, it does not make any sense.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

FarI90
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by FarI90 » Fri Sep 11, 2020 3:44 pm

applicant1234 wrote:
Fri Sep 11, 2020 1:41 pm
Ameline wrote:
Fri Sep 11, 2020 1:25 pm
FarI90 wrote:
Fri Sep 11, 2020 12:44 pm
klownking wrote:
Fri Sep 11, 2020 11:53 am
I have done my biometrics on 5th of September via IDV app. I should have gone for the in-person biometrics. I have just looked at the UKVCAS website the appointments are available for next week @£135/person. This is absolutely ridiculous. Well, I am not in a rush and could wait for the decision.
Submitted my application on 27th August and biometrics via IDV app on 6th September. I noticed particularly that dual submission was not advised by Cullinan unless someone messed up in submitting biometrics. Guess what? I actually messed up by submitting BRP photo (besides the liveliness check) instead of my passport’s bio page. Decided to book a next day appointment for £135 in Birmingham on 9th September. Got a decision this morning.

I noticed yesterday that people who submitted application after 15th August were getting responses/decisions. So perhaps my week was next in line to receive decisions. However, a friend of mine who just did biometric submission on the same day as me (6th Sep) but his application was dated a day before me has still not received a decision from HO. It might be that in-person appointment did the trick. Will check my pic once brp received.
Congratulations Farl90. you broke the record getting decision within 2 weeks from start to finish. That is really good. Hope your friend and other applicants who already submitted will have decision in due course and at short notice.
Congrats! Is yours LR or other?
T2 (General) - it was Set(O)

ukresident01
Newly Registered

Post by ukresident01 » Fri Sep 11, 2020 3:55 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Fri Sep 11, 2020 3:39 pm
@ukresident01
Thanks a alot for your input, it certainly relaxes me. But as long as i remember the biometric submission date was discarded due to COVID because people couldnt book any slots and ukvcas centres were closed.
Due to corona no previous applicants will be penalised for missing the deadline. But since now the backlog has subsided, its common sense for new applicants not to miss the deadline.
If someone applied on 30th Aug and is given appointment/IDV access on 11th Sep and choose not to submit biometrics till 3rd Nov (or deadline) and misses the deadline, it does not make any sense.
Just checked and the deadline quoted on the application is 30 October. Does that mean i have to book by 30 Oct or actually submit the biometrics by before 30 Oct.
The reason I am asking is because my partner applied for Set LR in July and still awaiting decision. And I applied for FLR M. I wanted to wait a bit to see if my partner can get his decision which can then be submitted as an evidence along with my application. Because otherwise I will be submitting my FLRM application without the proof of my partners residence.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Fri Sep 11, 2020 3:58 pm

@ukresident01

In my view, you should submit your biometrics before 30th Oct. You can write a cover letter and give details about your partner. Upload that with your documents. Your application will only be considered after a decision is made on your partner’s application.

PS 30th Oct is too far. Your partner will get a decision sooner.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

M555

Post by M555 » Fri Sep 11, 2020 4:15 pm

damWills1984 wrote:
Fri Sep 11, 2020 2:40 pm
CULLINAN wrote:
Fri Sep 11, 2020 12:53 pm
@KlownKing

For IDV: You have to take photo of your travel document i.e. passport not BRP.
Not sure this is 100% correct.
When I uploaded via IDV app yesterday, yes I used my passport.
But there are actually multiple options you can choose before taking the picture.
(1) Passport
(2) Home Office Travel Document
(3) BRP
and 4 more options.
So you could upload BRP as long as you select (3).

I also encountered the same confusion and selected and used BRP option. There was a bit long description before the abbreviation of BRP. I am afraid it is not the same Tier 2 or any other visa BRP. (It might be some type of BRP issued to stateless or other people with complex circumstances to enable them to travel without a passport- just a guess).
If someone can share the options available , it will be more clear and helpful. Someone who is granted access to the IDV app but has not submitted biometrics yet can do it.
I submitted via IDV app and submitted BRP as travel document on 04/09/2020. No communication from UKVI to resubmit biometrics yet. Still undecided to book face to face appointment.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Fri Sep 11, 2020 4:19 pm

@M555

You will have to wait and see. Maybe it works who knows.

M555

Post by M555 » Fri Sep 11, 2020 4:22 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Fri Sep 11, 2020 4:19 pm
@M555

You will have to wait and see.
Thanks CULLINAN,
This what I am doing at present nervously and testing my patience .

klownking
Member of Standing
Mood:

Post by klownking » Fri Sep 11, 2020 4:24 pm

Just received an UKVI Delay email. I believe it just a standard email. Submitted biometrics via IDV app.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Fri Sep 11, 2020 4:24 pm

M555 wrote:
Fri Sep 11, 2020 4:22 pm
CULLINAN wrote:
@M555

Thanks CULLINAN,
If you plan to wait and are successful i.e. not called to resubmit biometrics (I hope so you are successful), please update here as it will be beneficial for others. Good luck.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Fri Sep 11, 2020 4:25 pm

klownking wrote:
Fri Sep 11, 2020 4:24 pm
Just received an UKVI Delay email. I believe it just a standard email. Submitted biometrics via IDV app.
Generic. Ignore.

Amy_R88

Post by Amy_R88 » Fri Sep 11, 2020 4:27 pm

ukresident01 wrote:
Fri Sep 11, 2020 3:55 pm
CULLINAN wrote:
Fri Sep 11, 2020 3:39 pm
@ukresident01
Just checked and the deadline quoted on the application is 30 October. Does that mean i have to book by 30 Oct or actually submit the biometrics by before 30 Oct.
The reason I am asking is because my partner applied for Set LR in July and still awaiting decision. And I applied for FLR M. I wanted to wait a bit to see if my partner can get his decision which can then be submitted as an evidence along with my application. Because otherwise I will be submitting my FLRM application without the proof of my partners residence.

I am also waiting for the decision as submitted biometrics last month On which date in July has your partner applied for ILR set LR and are the biometrics submitted via app or by going for an in-person appointment?

M555

Post by M555 » Fri Sep 11, 2020 4:30 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
M555 wrote:
Fri Sep 11, 2020 4:22 pm
CULLINAN wrote:
@M555

Thanks CULLINAN,
If you plan to wait and are successful i.e. not called to resubmit biometrics (I hope so you are successful), please update here as it will be beneficial for others. Good luck.
Whatever is the proceeding / outcome, I will share

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Fri Sep 11, 2020 4:31 pm

Failure to attend a biometric enrolment appointment
Failure or refusal to attend a biometric enrolment appointment must be dealt with in accordance to the “Code of practice about the sanctions for non-compliance with the biometric registration regulations: March 2015”.
Applicants who provide satisfactory evidence that they are unable to attend a biometric enrolment event may have their appointment deferred until a later occasion. Examples of a reasonable excuse may include:
• they are too unwell to attend
• they are required to quarantine
• they are required to continue to self-isolate
https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... 1.0ext.pdf

Guggi

Post by Guggi » Fri Sep 11, 2020 4:33 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Fri Sep 11, 2020 4:25 pm
klownking wrote:
Generic. Ignore.
I have noticed some people have received such email prior to biometric and some even after biometrics. has anyone received decision promptly after this generic email

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Fri Sep 11, 2020 4:35 pm

I would urge all new applicants to meet your biometrics deadline since backlog has subsided.
If you cannot reuse biometrics for these applicants or they have a reasonable excuse for being unable to enrol their biometrics, they can remain on 3C leave until they can be expected to enrol their biometrics and their application can be decided. 3C leave prevents them from becoming an overstayer and means people can continue to work, study or stay under the same conditions until their application is finally decided and during any subsequent appeal

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... 1.0ext.pdf

klownking
Member of Standing
Mood:

Post by klownking » Fri Sep 11, 2020 4:42 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Fri Sep 11, 2020 4:25 pm
klownking wrote:
Generic. Ignore.
Cheers buddy. You are a lifesaver.

Vinay_b
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by Vinay_b » Fri Sep 11, 2020 5:12 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Fri Sep 11, 2020 3:30 pm
infinitesmile wrote:
Fri Sep 11, 2020 2:57 pm
Is there anybody who got a decision after using the idv app ?
Is there any reason why people getting late decisions when using the idv app.
No one can answer that. There are members who have got quicker decisions with both IDV app and in person appointment.
Majorly it depends on your individual case merits and any outstanding enquires (if any). You can not compare your own case to anyone else’s circumstance.
Cullinan- i noticed you are very knowledgeable on these matters, can you please share why ILR applicants are getting decicions so quickly and mind that its not few cases, check the Timeline of ILR candidates its like all of them getting decisions fairly quickly and some of them getting within days time after biometeric submission both personal appointment and IDV submission. Why The TIER 2 ICT cases are not moving, i submitted my IDV on 26th Aug and application submission was done in Mid May 20

asking you particularly as u somewhere mentioned that average 6 month cycle in previous post, just want to know if i am missing something

appreciate your help

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Fri Sep 11, 2020 5:18 pm

@Vinay_b

All cases are decided on their own merits. HO carries out number of enquiries before making a decision. Each applicant’s personal circumstance is different. So really you can not deduce a trail.
Recently some applicants have been very lucky to get so quick decisions given standard route. HO standard processing time is 6 months for majority visa categories.

n8net
- thin ice -

Post by n8net » Fri Sep 11, 2020 5:34 pm

been trying to use the IDV app, uploaded the docs via website and bio on app - does it matter where the submit button is pressed or can be done anywhere ?

ash8601
Newly Registered
India

Post by ash8601 » Fri Sep 11, 2020 5:59 pm

Could anyone please confirm UKVI email id to reach-out for any Visa/IDV/BRP related queries?

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Fri Sep 11, 2020 6:12 pm

n8net wrote:
Fri Sep 11, 2020 5:34 pm
been trying to use the IDV app, uploaded the docs via website and bio on app - does it matter where the submit button is pressed or can be done anywhere ?
You have to press the submit button via the IDV app.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Fri Sep 11, 2020 6:13 pm

ash8601 wrote:
Fri Sep 11, 2020 5:59 pm
Could anyone please confirm UKVI email id to reach-out for any Visa/IDV/BRP related queries?
What are you looking to contact for? All three things you mentioned are dealt by different departments.

rk90470
Newly Registered
India

Post by rk90470 » Fri Sep 11, 2020 6:14 pm

M555 wrote:
Fri Sep 11, 2020 4:15 pm
damWills1984 wrote:
Fri Sep 11, 2020 2:40 pm
CULLINAN wrote:
Fri Sep 11, 2020 12:53 pm
@KlownKing

For IDV: You have to take photo of your travel document i.e. passport not BRP.
Not sure this is 100% correct.
When I uploaded via IDV app yesterday, yes I used my passport.
But there are actually multiple options you can choose before taking the picture.
(1) Passport
(2) Home Office Travel Document
(3) BRP
and 4 more options.
So you could upload BRP as long as you select (3).

I also encountered the same confusion and selected and used BRP option. There was a bit long description before the abbreviation of BRP. I am afraid it is not the same Tier 2 or any other visa BRP. (It might be some type of BRP issued to stateless or other people with complex circumstances to enable them to travel without a passport- just a guess).
If someone can share the options available , it will be more clear and helpful. Someone who is granted access to the IDV app but has not submitted biometrics yet can do it.
I submitted via IDV app and submitted BRP as travel document on 04/09/2020. No communication from UKVI to resubmit biometrics yet. Still undecided to book face to face appointment.
Even I've done the same thing, uploaded my BRP as a travel document for the IDV App. I'm not sure how long HO will take to review my application n if they ask me to come for an appointment later, it'll be another never ending waiting drama.
So, I've attended the appointment yesterday and waiting for the decision. BTW, I'm T2G, application dated 20th June and submitted my facial image on 28th Aug 20 on IDV App.

ash8601
Newly Registered
India

Post by ash8601 » Fri Sep 11, 2020 6:20 pm

@CULLINAN
This is related to BRP only. I submitted documents via IDV on 4th Sep. I have to travel to India for some urgent work, however seems it will be delayed to get my BRP. so trying to contact them if it can be expedited.
Any help would be appreciated.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Fri Sep 11, 2020 6:24 pm

ash8601 wrote:
Fri Sep 11, 2020 6:20 pm
@CULLINAN
This is related to BRP only. I submitted documents via IDV on 4th Sep. I have to travel to India for some urgent work, however seems it will be delayed to get my BRP. so trying to contact them if it can be expedited.
Any help would be appreciated.
You mean expediting your decision OR BRP? Have you had a decision already?
What is your visa category?