ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

**** COVID19 and UKVCAS Appointments **** (ONLY discuss here)

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny

gdk199

Re: **** COVID19 and UKVCAS Biometrics Appointments **** (ONLY discuss here)

Post by gdk199 » Fri Sep 18, 2020 6:43 pm

alog1 wrote:
Fri Sep 18, 2020 6:37 pm
gdk199 wrote:
Fri Sep 18, 2020 6:31 pm
Hi,
I received the email 'Invitation to use the new UKVCAS IDV app' from no-reply@mail.ukvcas.co.uk this early morning.
In the emial, it says
''What do I need to do next?

Login to your account on the UKVCAS website here
Click on the IDV App panel near the top of the screen''
However, I still cannot see the APP panel.
Has anyone met this problem before?
Could anyone tell me which email adress I need to send to adress this issue?
You can directly download from your app store. Search for UKVCAS IDV
Will do that. Thank you

gdk199

Post by gdk199 » Fri Sep 18, 2020 6:44 pm

vivienne husky wrote:
Fri Sep 18, 2020 6:38 pm
gdk199 wrote:
Hi,
I received the email 'Invitation to use the new UKVCAS IDV app' from no-reply@mail.ukvcas.co.uk this early morning.
In the emial, it says

I couldn't see the APP panel either. However the APP is available from APP store. Downloaded and logged in using UKVCAS login details just fine.
Will do that. Thank you

gdk199

Post by gdk199 » Fri Sep 18, 2020 6:47 pm

gdk199 wrote:
Fri Sep 18, 2020 6:42 pm
CULLINAN wrote:
Fri Sep 18, 2020 6:36 pm
gdk199 wrote:
Hi,
In the emial, it says

What is your date of application?
I submit my application on 11 september (around 9pm)
Another question, I have not received any email regaridnign biometric information reuse. Can I go ahead to use IDV App to submit materials? I am based in Sheffield but booked in-person appointment on 1st Oct. I am really worried a second national lockdown will take place next week, so I now want to use the APP just in case

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Fri Sep 18, 2020 6:47 pm

gdk199 wrote:
CULLINAN wrote:
gdk199 wrote:
Hi,
In the emial, it says

You may want to interpret the official UKVCAS update on your own and decide if you should go for IDV app or an appointment as to me its unclear..
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Fri Sep 18, 2020 6:48 pm

@gdk199
Saeed5 wrote:
CULLINAN wrote:
Fri Sep 18, 2020 1:31 pm
I have actually read the official UKVCAS guidance again. It is actually confusing:
If UKVCAS received your application on or after 5 September 2020, we are pleased to let you know that from 21 September, you will be able to book a UKVCAS appointment.
Then it says:
From 21 September onwards, ALL customers will need to book an appointment at one of our Service Points. The IDV app will only be available to some T4 students.
I think UKVCAS will send IDV invitations to all eligible applicants up to 20th Sep.

Once the applicants will receive the IDV app invitation, they can book an appointment instead if they wish.

The recent IDV emails are reported to be sent to applicants 5th Sep - 11th Sep. I am suspecting same might happen for 11th Sep - 20th Sep before 21st Sep....

The above is my own personal interpretation.
I think is same not confused me as they said ALL customers will need to book an appointment, maybe means including who applied on or after 5th SEP .
This my opinion
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Fri Sep 18, 2020 6:49 pm

The UKVCAS flash message is currently being updated.. hopefully they will make the above clear..

gdk199

Post by gdk199 » Fri Sep 18, 2020 6:51 pm

gdk199 wrote:
Fri Sep 18, 2020 6:47 pm
gdk199 wrote:
CULLINAN wrote:
gdk199 wrote:
Hi,
In the emial, it says

Another question, I have not received any email regaridnign biometric information reuse. Can I go ahead to use IDV App to submit materials? I am based in Sheffield but booked in-person appointment in Leeds on 1st Oct. I am really worried a second national lockdown will take place next week, so I now want to use the APP just in case

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Fri Sep 18, 2020 6:53 pm

@gdk199

If I was you, I would submit via IDV app but then attend the biometrics appointment just to avoid disappointment later on.. the UKVCAS message to me is unclear for what applicants 5th Sep onwards need to do....

n8net
- thin ice -

Post by n8net » Fri Sep 18, 2020 7:13 pm

oh sorry Cullinan,

thought it may be easy for somebody just answer those questions, else I will go back several posts, but not sure if I will find answers for all my questions though...

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Fri Sep 18, 2020 7:18 pm

n8net wrote:
Fri Sep 18, 2020 7:13 pm
oh sorry Cullinan,

thought it may be easy for somebody just answer those questions, else I will go back several posts, but not sure if I will find answers for all my questions though...
If you will make some effort on your own.. you will get answers.. its discussed in detail on the last 2-4 pages...

Jay*
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Jay* » Fri Sep 18, 2020 7:19 pm

Ameline wrote:
Fri Sep 18, 2020 4:16 pm
Jay* wrote:
Fri Sep 18, 2020 4:05 pm
Ameline wrote:
Fri Sep 18, 2020 10:16 am
user5 wrote:
Fri Sep 18, 2020 9:57 am
For members who have already attended an in-person biometrics appointment:
How long did your appointment take?
I realise time would vary depending on application type, appointment type, and document scanning. I just want to gauge an approximate time so I can make a good guess as to what time I should book my return train (as an advance train would be much cheaper!).

I have an appointment at an ‘enhanced service point’ for 5pm next week. It is for SET (LR) and I have already scanned and submitted all my documents.

Thanks all
So many people reported it should not take more than 10mn. Mine was on a Saturday they were really busy. I came 20mn before my scheduled appointment and waited in a queue outside. I had to wait for another 20mn from my scheduled appointment to start doing the bios and was done in 25mn as we struggled with my fingerprints (I have naturally dry fingers). So I would say consider this worst case scenario of 45mn from your scheduled time. Good luck!
@Ameline
Did they manage to capture your finger print 100% or put an reference form tried multiple times ?
They attached a reference form to my application saying these were the best they could do adding that I have naturally dry fingers and that there is no visible scars or marks.
@Ameline
Thanks for your response
Did you receive the email post biometrics saying "it will take up to 6months"?

n8net
- thin ice -

Post by n8net » Fri Sep 18, 2020 7:21 pm

thanks Cullinan, will do this now...

ajitu92
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by ajitu92 » Fri Sep 18, 2020 7:45 pm

If it's any help, I booked an appointment yesterday and got the IDV app email 3 hours after (applied 8th September). I managed to get an appointment on 21st September so I haven't bothered with the IDV app and will just go directly for the appointment.
All my posts are my personal opinion based on my reading of the immigration rules and guidance. NOT to be taken as professional/legal advice.

poper
Diamond Member
India

Post by poper » Fri Sep 18, 2020 8:04 pm

SET(LR) applicants...

Can you please update the timeline thread. It appears like April/May applicants are still waiting for a decision.
Whereas, September SET(O) applicants have already started receiving decisions

https://www.immigrationboards.com/indef ... 4-240.html
Any suggestions I make in the forum are out my personal experience and should not be taken as a legal/professional advise.

jameswilliamson6544
India

Post by jameswilliamson6544 » Fri Sep 18, 2020 8:28 pm

Does UKVCAS know that UK is much more than Lansdowne Road in Croydon.

Why is it that all service status updates in the last few weeks have mentioned price reductions and free appointments at this particular centre but has been silent on rest of the UK?

With unfortunate rise in the Covid-19 cases, does UKVCAS and UKVI wants applicant to go to service centres? Even though inside of the centre might be Covid-secure, but the commute/walk from home to the service centre might not be....

Have they considered what options will be available to those applicants where there is local lockdown?

Some applicants (Tier-2 for example) may want to apply towards end of September to avoid IHS increase which is coming on 1st October - they will again have to wait till eternity if the service centres were to close due to rise in Covid-19 cases or local lockdowns.

Surely UKVI should have promoted the IDV App and not tarnished its reputation by completely ignoring the submissions made through IDV. It is difficult to imagine that ALL IDV submissions are complex cases and ALL "oven-ready" cases are through in-person biometrics.

The commercial angle of giving quicker decisions through in-person appointments and hence incentivising people going out in Covid-19 period is understandable, but surely UKVI should know that applicants are also human beings and their health should not be put at risk to make some money off biometric appointments.

Maddy_1992
Russia

Post by Maddy_1992 » Fri Sep 18, 2020 8:30 pm

TuM1010 wrote:
Fri Sep 18, 2020 4:10 pm
Anyone's been waiting for over 10 days after submitting biometrics in person? I submitted SET (O) as T2 G dependent after 5 years at Lansdome on 10th Sept (was not eligible for IDV app) and haven't heard anything back.
Hey, I submitted my fingerprints etc in person on 9th and still nothing. I am A ILT Set O tier 2 (5 years) applicant.

Ameline
United Kingdom

Post by Ameline » Fri Sep 18, 2020 8:34 pm

Jay* wrote:
Fri Sep 18, 2020 7:19 pm
Ameline wrote:
Fri Sep 18, 2020 4:16 pm
Jay* wrote:
Fri Sep 18, 2020 4:05 pm
Ameline wrote:
Fri Sep 18, 2020 10:16 am

So many people reported it should not take more than 10mn. Mine was on a Saturday they were really busy. I came 20mn before my scheduled appointment and waited in a queue outside. I had to wait for another 20mn from my scheduled appointment to start doing the bios and was done in 25mn as we struggled with my fingerprints (I have naturally dry fingers). So I would say consider this worst case scenario of 45mn from your scheduled time. Good luck!
@Ameline
Did they manage to capture your finger print 100% or put an reference form tried multiple times ?
They attached a reference form to my application saying these were the best they could do adding that I have naturally dry fingers and that there is no visible scars or marks.
@Ameline
Thanks for your response
Did you receive the email post biometrics saying "it will take up to 6months"?
No I have not received any email since my biometrics appointment on 12/09/20.

Maddy_1992
Russia

Post by Maddy_1992 » Fri Sep 18, 2020 8:34 pm

Maddy_1992 wrote:
Fri Sep 18, 2020 8:30 pm
TuM1010 wrote:
Fri Sep 18, 2020 4:10 pm
Anyone's been waiting for over 10 days after submitting biometrics in person? I submitted SET (O) as T2 G dependent after 5 years at Lansdome on 10th Sept (was not eligible for IDV app) and haven't heard anything back.
Hey, I submitted my fingerprints etc in person on 9th and still nothing. I am A ILR Set O tier 2 (5 years) applicant.

I am not sure that the HO check are based upon but I came to the UK 11 years ago as a student.. so may be my application takes longer because of my long history in the UK

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Fri Sep 18, 2020 8:43 pm

jameswilliamson6544 wrote:
Fri Sep 18, 2020 8:28 pm
Does UKVCAS know that UK is much more than Lansdowne Road in Croydon.

Why is it that all service status updates in the last few weeks have mentioned price reductions and free appointments at this particular centre but has been silent on rest of the UK?

With unfortunate rise in the Covid-19 cases, does UKVCAS and UKVI wants applicant to go to service centres? Even though inside of the centre might be Covid-secure, but the commute/walk from home to the service centre might not be....

Have they considered what options will be available to those applicants where there is local lockdown?

Some applicants (Tier-2 for example) may want to apply towards end of September to avoid IHS increase which is coming on 1st October - they will again have to wait till eternity if the service centres were to close due to rise in Covid-19 cases or local lockdowns.

Surely UKVI should have promoted the IDV App and not tarnished its reputation by completely ignoring the submissions made through IDV. It is difficult to imagine that ALL IDV submissions are complex cases and ALL "oven-ready" cases are through in-person biometrics.

The commercial angle of giving quicker decisions through in-person appointments and hence incentivising people going out in Covid-19 period is understandable, but surely UKVI should know that applicants are also human beings and their health should not be put at risk to make some money off biometric appointments.
Agreed. Valid point. UKVCAS may have to reconsider the decision given the recent spike in cases and a potential national lockdown if things get worse.

gabidzas
England

Post by gabidzas » Fri Sep 18, 2020 9:10 pm

Are in person applications open for the applicants who submitted applications after 5th of September? or should we wait till 21th for appointments to become available? I have submitted my application to UKVI on 16th but I am unable to see any available biometrics slots.

Desiro
Belarus

Post by Desiro » Fri Sep 18, 2020 9:17 pm

I finally received my decision on tier 2 extension, applied 25.06, used idv app on 7.09, submitted biometric in person on 12.09. Will still be on this thread as now I plan to apply for set(0) ilr. If anyone is in similar situation- as far as I know HO doesn't allow two applications at once, but when the application is considered to be finished- is it decision or actual bro delivery?

TN1593
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by TN1593 » Fri Sep 18, 2020 9:23 pm

gabidzas wrote:
Fri Sep 18, 2020 9:10 pm
Are in person applications open for the applicants who submitted applications after 5th of September? or should we wait till 21th for appointments to become available? I have submitted my application to UKVI on 16th but I am unable to see any available biometrics slots.
I have applied on 11st Sept. Got an email from HO saying it would take up to 6 months after I submitted the application (no documents submitted at the time).
I got an email yesterday inviting me to use the APP. I could see appointment slots but nothing where I am so I just submitted my pictures and travel doc today using IDV.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Fri Sep 18, 2020 9:50 pm

gabidzas wrote:
Fri Sep 18, 2020 9:10 pm
Applicants 5th Sep - 11th Sep have reported to have access to the booking system for now.. You will be able to book from 21st Sep or earlier.. You need to keep checking the system...

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Fri Sep 18, 2020 9:51 pm

Desiro wrote:
Fri Sep 18, 2020 9:17 pm
I finally received my decision on tier 2 extension, applied 25.06, used idv app on 7.09, submitted biometric in person on 12.09. Will still be on this thread as now I plan to apply for set(0) ilr. If anyone is in similar situation- as far as I know HO doesn't allow two applications at once, but when the application is considered to be finished- is it decision or actual bro delivery?
You should wait till you receive the BRP. Just to be on the safe side. Approval letter alone is not proof of your immigration status.

Korekt
Mood:
Nigeria

Post by Korekt » Fri Sep 18, 2020 11:17 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Fri Sep 18, 2020 9:50 pm
Applicants 5th Sep - 11th Sep have reported to have access to the booking system for now.. You will be able to book from 21st Sep or earlier.. You need to keep checking the system...
Are there any among these who haven't been invited to use the IDV app?
"Facts are sacred. Opinions are free."