ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

**** COVID19 and UKVCAS Appointments **** (ONLY discuss here)

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

gyanp

Re: **** COVID19 and UKVCAS Biometrics Appointments **** (ONLY discuss here)

Post by gyanp » Wed Nov 04, 2020 5:20 pm

ajitu92 wrote:
Wed Nov 04, 2020 12:27 pm
gyanp wrote:
Wed Nov 04, 2020 12:05 pm
What a surprise. Just got call from my solicitor that my application is successful today.
My timelines are:
LR ILR application submitted on 4th Aug 2020 (UK VI registration)

UKVCAS Registration - 9th Sep
IDV App - Opted out
In person biometric - 25th Sep
ILR Decision approval email - 4th Nov 2020 (12:00)

Thanks a lot @Cullian, @ajit92 and all other members. Immigrationboard has helped me a lot in my journey.
I sincerely appreciate your support and wish everyone who is waiting for their decisions. I just checked my right to status page and I see below message. Till yesterday it was showing my visa expiry as Oct - 2022.
-----------------------------------------------------------------
You can work in the UK

Details
There is no limit on how long you can stay in the UK.

You're most welcome, and congratulations @gyanp! 🎉🎊 Makes it sound like you willed your approval into being/coming with your questions! :lol: I'm going to shamelessly take some credit for predicting that you'd hear back between 1st and 15th November :D
Thanks @ajit92. Your data prediction model is accurate.

n8net
- thin ice -

Post by n8net » Wed Nov 04, 2020 5:22 pm

jamd12 wrote:
Wed Nov 04, 2020 4:28 pm
Amy_R88 wrote:
Tue Nov 03, 2020 5:04 pm
Has anyone from end of July still waiting for decision? I applied 26/07 (set LR). Still nothing. Am I the only one left from July 😥
me too. SET(M) Applies 15th July, Just app submission 10th Sept. (NO dual) still absolutely nothing from HO unlike all my previous applications which were within 8 weeks like clockwork.

I hv changed address too, hope HO sends all correspondences via email, not post....

kiss300
Member of Standing
Mood:
Ghana

Post by kiss300 » Wed Nov 04, 2020 5:34 pm

gyanp wrote:
Wed Nov 04, 2020 5:20 pm
ajitu92 wrote:
gyanp wrote:
What a surprise. Just got call from my solicitor that my application is successful today.
My timelines are:

IDV App - Opted out

Thanks a lot @Cullian, @ajit92 and all other members. Immigrationboard has helped me a lot in my journey.
I sincerely appreciate your support and wish everyone who is waiting for their decisions. I just checked my right to status page and I see below message. Till yesterday it was showing my visa expiry as Oct - 2022.
You can work in the UK

Details

You're most welcome, and congratulations @gyanp! 🎉🎊 Makes it sound like you willed your approval into being/coming with your questions! :lol: I'm going to shamelessly take some credit for predicting that you'd hear back between 1st and 15th November :D
I second.

kiss300
Member of Standing
Mood:
Ghana

Post by kiss300 » Wed Nov 04, 2020 5:37 pm

Hi

I got my brp card today and it had the picture I took at the UKVAS office.
So dual was good for me. It help speed up my application.

All the best.

fx125

Post by fx125 » Wed Nov 04, 2020 5:39 pm

toivy wrote:
Wed Nov 04, 2020 4:20 pm
poper wrote:
Wed Nov 04, 2020 4:09 pm
toivy wrote:
Wed Nov 04, 2020 4:02 pm
fx125 wrote:
Wed Nov 04, 2020 3:51 pm
UKVI will send you a tracking number. Once you have that, the TNT Tracking portal will tell you exactly what date it will be delivered. But if UKVI didnt send you the tracking number, you can not get it from TNT Customer Service as couriers from UKVI is handled by a special team and CS team do not have access to.
Thank you very much. Do you know if it is a signature delivery?
Many in this forum have reported their BRPs being delivered through the letterbox
That's why I feel strange, as on their website, they claim a signature is required for all deliveries for UKVI.
In theory, its a Signature Delivery and the UKVI should send you Tracking Number. But UKVI also mentioned that due to covid and contact-free, signature is no longer require. In my case, I came down to receive the post but the guy did not ask for signature.

ajitu92
Member of Standing
Mood:

Post by ajitu92 » Wed Nov 04, 2020 5:54 pm

kiss300 wrote:
Wed Nov 04, 2020 5:34 pm
gyanp wrote:
Wed Nov 04, 2020 5:20 pm
ajitu92 wrote:
gyanp wrote:
My timelines are:

IDV App - Opted out

You can work in the UK

Details

I second.
Thank you both! :) Appreciate your contributions with sharing timelines! Without that, there's no data, no stats and no model! :!:
All my posts are my personal opinion based on my reading of the immigration rules and guidance. NOT to be taken as professional/legal advice.

Emmamay03
Newly Registered

Post by Emmamay03 » Wed Nov 04, 2020 6:05 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Wed Nov 04, 2020 4:44 pm
Emmamay03 wrote:
Wed Nov 04, 2020 4:39 pm
we submitted on the app with us to the appointment tomorrow?
What do you mean app? It is unclear if you used the IDV app or not? Where did you upload documents?

We used the IDV app, submitted on August 28th.

Funnily enough since I posted this, and seen as I called them, I have received an email from UKVCAS to say they have "completed checks on all files uploaded and found there is no action required"

As we hadn't heard anything we decided to go for dual submission, hence the appointment tomorrow

Thanks

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Wed Nov 04, 2020 6:09 pm

Emmamay03 wrote:
Wed Nov 04, 2020 6:05 pm
If you already submitted your application via IDV app, there was no need for a dual submission. Unclear why your dual appointment was not cancelled. You may want to read the official update first.

https://www.ukvcas.co.uk/flash-message- ... geId=74833
Don’t book an appointment after using the IDV app

If you have been invited to use the IDV app or have already submitted your application via the IDV app, please DO NOT BOOK an appointment at a UKVCAS Service Point. Doing this means that your case may take longer as UKVI will have duplicate records. This also prevents other people who are not eligible to use the IDV app from booking an appointment.

UKVI have assured us that booking a UKVCAS appointment rather than using the IDV app does not mean that your application will be processed more quickly.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

Anotherhustler4vis
Newly Registered

Post by Anotherhustler4vis » Wed Nov 04, 2020 6:57 pm

I’m just wondering in general if anyone experience a slow down in their application because of reaching out to MP too early :?:

As in your MP is kind enough to raise it with HO and they are like you know what we will let you wait the full 6 months :?

ajitu92
Member of Standing
Mood:

Post by ajitu92 » Wed Nov 04, 2020 7:05 pm

Anotherhustler4vis wrote:
Wed Nov 04, 2020 6:57 pm
I’m just wondering in general if anyone experience a slow down in their application because of reaching out to MP too early :?:

As in your MP is kind enough to raise it with HO and they are like you know what we will let you wait the full 6 months :?
Well, if you think about it, there is no way to really know/verify this. Unless you MP explicitly tells you so, which is improbable at best...
All my posts are my personal opinion based on my reading of the immigration rules and guidance. NOT to be taken as professional/legal advice.

Anotherhustler4vis
Newly Registered

Post by Anotherhustler4vis » Wed Nov 04, 2020 7:12 pm

ajitu92 wrote:
Wed Nov 04, 2020 7:05 pm

Well, if you think about it, there is no way to really know/verify this. Unless you MP explicitly tells you so, which is improbable at best...
I’m just speaking from regret as someone who wrote to her MP and the gentlemen was kind enough to issue a very formal looking letter (with all this seal and house of common stamp) to the HO director general demanding an answer for the absence of priority service and delay in processing cases. The MP office is again kind enough to share the letter after sending it on... I mean if I were the lady director general in question I’ll make that young lady wait the entire 6 months as a standard time.

ajitu92
Member of Standing
Mood:

Post by ajitu92 » Wed Nov 04, 2020 7:24 pm

Wed Nov 04, 2020 7:12 pm
ajitu92 wrote:

I’m just speaking from regret as someone who wrote to her MP and the gentlemen was kind enough to issue a very formal looking letter (with all this seal and house of common stamp) to the HO director general demanding an answer for the absence of priority service and delay in processing cases. The MP office is again kind enough to share the letter after sending it on... I mean if I were the lady director general in question I’ll make that young lady wait the entire 6 months as a standard time.
I understand your concern and worry, but again, it's all just hypothetical. Yes, ideally your MP should be contacted only after the service standard time has passed, but there is no such documented case of the MP contacting the Home Office causing such a backlash (at least as far as I know/have seen). You've only applied on 16th September and they are currently processing August (up to the 16th) applicants. It's moving and your decision will come soon. Hang tight, relax and try not to overthink it. :)

Hamed61
Newly Registered

Post by Hamed61 » Wed Nov 04, 2020 7:35 pm

DanaF wrote:
Wed Nov 04, 2020 3:47 pm
Hamed61 wrote:
Wed Nov 04, 2020 2:50 pm
CULLINAN wrote:
Fri Oct 30, 2020 8:46 pm
TuM1010 wrote:
Fri Oct 30, 2020 8:38 pm
Glad to see your decision, it should be a successful result otherwise it won't say BRP is on the way.
Hamed61 wrote:
Fri Oct 30, 2020 7:22 pm
I have checked my junk email ,the approval email was in my junk .
I have applied 12th of Auguest Set O
Did IDV on the 5th of September
Appproval email received on the 27 of October

Hi everyone

Today I have received my ILR yesterday, thank you cullinan for your all help

I’m just wondering,my partner has tier 2 dependent visa since October 2018 and it’s valid till Auguest 2021 ( I was in tier 2visa before settlement)
Can we extend the visa (tier 2 dependent )for another 3 years or change it to spouse visa as I have ILR now ?please

Many thanks
I stand to be corrected (Cullinan and CR001 are more knowledgeable than I am), but my understanding is that your spouse can extend their Tier 2 dependent visa even though you have ILR. If they change to a spousal visa, the clock will reset and they will start the 5 year timeline again.
Hi
Many thanks I thought the same ,and if we can extend tier 2 dependent,in 3 years we can apply for ILR

Hamed61
Newly Registered

Post by Hamed61 » Wed Nov 04, 2020 7:38 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Wed Nov 04, 2020 4:41 pm
Hamed61 wrote:
Wed Nov 04, 2020 2:50 pm
Hi everyone

Today I have received my ILR yesterday, thank you cullinan for your all help

I’m just wondering,my partner has tier 2 dependent visa since October 2018 and it’s valid till Auguest 2021 ( I was in tier 2visa before settlement)
Can we extend the visa (tier 2 dependent )for another 3 years or change it to spouse visa as I have ILR now ?please
Many thanks
Please ask your visa specific questions in your own thread. This is not the right place to discuss it.
Just to answer: Your partner will carry on as a PBS dep visa if you got ILR via Tier 2 route. Your partner will need a PBS extension to complete 5 years minus 28 days (counting from initial visa issue date) before applying for own ILR.

Note to readers: Different scenarios, please do not apply this to yourself.
Note to @Hamed61: Please continue with future follow up questions in your own existing/new thread.

Many thanks for your reply
Sorry for asking in here

Anotherhustler4vis
Newly Registered

Post by Anotherhustler4vis » Wed Nov 04, 2020 7:52 pm

ajitu92 wrote:
Wed Nov 04, 2020 7:24 pm
ajitu92 wrote:

I understand your concern and worry, but again, it's all just hypothetical. Yes, ideally your MP should be contacted only after the service standard time has passed, but there is no such documented case of the MP contacting the Home Office causing such a backlash (at least as far as I know/have seen). You've only applied on 16th September and they are currently processing August (up to the 16th) applicants. It's moving and your decision will come soon. Hang tight, relax and try not to overthink it. :)
Totally! We are on the same side I absolutely agree with you but I wrote to my MP way before I even sent my application, it was more like why there is no priority service kind of message. They didn’t come back to until very recently and decided to write to HO. I was like mate I’m like a month away from my decision please don’t mess things up but oh well I guess it’s a little too late to stop them... This is more a Lockdown’s Eve rant than anything. Appreciate your inputs though

ajitu92
Member of Standing
Mood:

Post by ajitu92 » Wed Nov 04, 2020 9:33 pm

Wed Nov 04, 2020 7:52 pm
ajitu92 wrote:
Wed Nov 04, 2020 7:24 pm
ajitu92 wrote:

Totally! We are on the same side I absolutely agree with you but I wrote to my MP way before I even sent my application, it was more like why there is no priority service kind of message. They didn’t come back to until very recently and decided to write to HO. I was like mate I’m like a month away from my decision please don’t mess things up but oh well I guess it’s a little too late to stop them... This is more a Lockdown’s Eve rant than anything. Appreciate your inputs though
Ahh what a nightmare! That's quite an unfortunate co-incidence to be honest. I understand, it's a difficult time for all of us. All the best for your application and hope this has no adverse effects at all!

Adam17

Post by Adam17 » Wed Nov 04, 2020 10:45 pm

a question, once i submit my application tomorrow, do I go ahead to the UKVCAS and book an appointment, presumably there will be one available within the next 28 days?, and if i book an appointment straightaway, then is there a possibility that i would receive an invitation to the IDV App or i won't receive one because i already booked with the UKVCAS?

UKVCAS website states "You can book an appointment...online by either clicking the link to book an appointment from your UKVI account or by clicking the link in the UKVCAS account setup email you have been sent"

How does this work please, i am really confused. Do people wait for the IDV app invitation and not book or just book the first available appointment?

ajitu92
Member of Standing
Mood:

Post by ajitu92 » Wed Nov 04, 2020 10:53 pm

Adam17 wrote:
Wed Nov 04, 2020 10:45 pm
a question, once i submit my application tomorrow, do I go ahead to the UKVCAS and book an appointment, presumably there will be one available within the next 28 days?, and if i book an appointment straightaway, then is there a possibility that i would receive an invitation to the IDV App or i won't receive one because i already booked with the UKVCAS?

UKVCAS website states "You can book an appointment...online by either clicking the link to book an appointment from your UKVI account or by clicking the link in the UKVCAS account setup email you have been sent"

How does this work please, i am really confused. Do people wait for the IDV app invitation and not book or just book the first available appointment?
There is no more IDV. Once you submit your application, click on the link on the "further steps" page. Create your UKVCAS account, log in and start looking for appointments. Make sure you check all the centres in the UK. New appointments are released at 12am every day, when one extra day becomes available (28th day from the current date) on a rolling basis. Also upload your documents up to 48 hours before your appointment and make use of the self-submission feature once you have uploaded all your supporting documents. Make sure to click submit at the very end as you can only submit ONCE.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Wed Nov 04, 2020 11:00 pm

Adding on what @Ajitu92 said. Once you click “book an appointment”, you will be rerouted to UKVCAS, where you will create an account. An access code will be sent which usually lands up in Junk folder.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

ajitu92
Member of Standing
Mood:

Post by ajitu92 » Wed Nov 04, 2020 11:01 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Wed Nov 04, 2020 11:00 pm
Adding on what @Ajitu92 said. Once you click “book an appointment”, you will be rerouted to UKVCAS, where you will create an account. An access code will be sent which usually lands up in Junk folder.
Woohoo, I finally beat Mr. superspeed fingers aka @CULLINAN :lol: :lol:

Adam17

Post by Adam17 » Wed Nov 04, 2020 11:03 pm

Thanks @CULLINAN
Last edited by Adam17 on Wed Nov 04, 2020 11:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Adam17

Post by Adam17 » Wed Nov 04, 2020 11:04 pm

ajitu92 wrote:
Wed Nov 04, 2020 10:53 pm

There is no more IDV. Once you submit your application, click on the link on the "further steps" page. Create your UKVCAS account, log in and start looking for appointments. Make sure you check all the centres in the UK. New appointments are released at 12am every day, when one extra day becomes available (28th day from the current date) on a rolling basis. Also upload your documents up to 48 hours before your appointment and make use of the self-submission feature once you have uploaded all your supporting documents. Make sure to click submit at the very end as you can only submit ONCE.

Thanks very much for the detailed answer, super helpful!

One last thing, does it mean that if i book an appointment 28 days from the current date, my application will not be assigned to a CW until then, meaning that i will have to wait 4 weeks, plus the time the CW will take to process the application, so i could be looking at at least 5 weeks waiting time :o that's just great, considering that i got my hopes high when i saw ppl here reporting a decision within 2-3 weeks, but i guess they got lucky with getting an earlier appointment right?

UKVCAS are saying "Over the next few weeks, we are introducing more free and chargeable appointments across most of our Core sites so it will be easier for you to find an appointment at a time and date to suit you." not sure how far "next few weeks" is though.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Wed Nov 04, 2020 11:06 pm

ajitu92 wrote:
Wed Nov 04, 2020 11:01 pm
CULLINAN wrote:
I would like to take this moment to appreciate your efforts and thank you for helping others also.

This forum should not only be about seeking help for yourself but offer help to others also where you feel confident about the topic.

I know not everyone can offer help to all as they do not have the knowledge but at least Tier 2 can help Tier 2 applicants, SET(LR) can help SET(LR) etc.

I see you are helping others too which makes me happy :D

PS: More than happy to be beaten as your helping others :lol:

PS: Il let you answer the previous Q by @Adam17 😜

ajitu92
Member of Standing
Mood:

Post by ajitu92 » Wed Nov 04, 2020 11:36 pm

Adam17 wrote:
Wed Nov 04, 2020 11:04 pm
ajitu92 wrote:
Wed Nov 04, 2020 10:53 pm

Thanks very much for the detailed answer, super helpful!

One last thing, does it mean that if i book an appointment 28 days from the current date, my application will not be assigned to a CW until then, meaning that i will have to wait 4 weeks, plus the time the CW will take to process the application, so i could be looking at at least 5 weeks waiting time :o that's just great, considering that i got my hopes high when i saw ppl here reporting a decision within 2-3 weeks, but i guess they got lucky with getting an earlier appointment right?

UKVCAS are saying "Over the next few weeks, we are introducing more free and chargeable appointments across most of our Core sites so it will be easier for you to find an appointment at a time and date to suit you." not sure how far "next few weeks" is though.
No worries, glad I could help!

So essentially, it is the date that you submit your application and pay that is of utmost importance. The UKVCAS website does say that the date of registration with UKVI/UKVCAS, matters in terms of processing order (i.e. when your application will be picked up by the Home Office) but it is still quite unclear as to how exactly that works/affects the process. There has been some anecdotal evidence on this forum that UKVI was "pre assessing" applications in the previous lockdown as UKVCAS centres were shut (hence the introduction and usefulness of the "Submit to UKVI" button for the supporting documents) but it is unclear whether they are still doing so (extremely unlucky given UKVCAS is back to normal operations).

What is certain though, is that your decision cannot be made until biometrics are verified. So generally speaking, yes, the later your appointment, the longer it will take (overall) for your decision to come through. So your latest assumption (at least 5 weeks on the basis of a biometric appointment being done 4 weeks from tomorrow) is correct.

ajitu92
Member of Standing
Mood:

Post by ajitu92 » Wed Nov 04, 2020 11:46 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Wed Nov 04, 2020 11:06 pm
ajitu92 wrote:
Wed Nov 04, 2020 11:01 pm
CULLINAN wrote:
I would like to take this moment to appreciate your efforts and thank you for helping others also.

This forum should not only be about seeking help for yourself but offer help to others also where you feel confident about the topic.

I know not everyone can offer help to all as they do not have the knowledge but at least Tier 2 can help Tier 2 applicants, SET(LR) can help SET(LR) etc.

I see you are helping others too which makes me happy :D

PS: More than happy to be beaten as your helping others :lol:

PS: Il let you answer the previous Q by @Adam17 😜
Thank you @CULLINAN, I appreciate your kind words. Thank you too, for helping all of us lost/nervous souls through the Home Office and related policy labyrinth! I'm sure I speak on behalf of everyone when I say that yourself and all the other key members/moderators of this forum have been instrumental in the people's (sometimes life changing) journey of UK immigration, even if it was just as simple as people seeking assurance of their own reading/interpretation of the immigration rules.

I definitely agree with you, and hence I'm just trying to do whatever (little) I can to help wherever and whenever I can. The confidence factor is key!

P.S: Thank you for the opportunity...very gracious of you to allow me to type another essay in response to @Adam17 😜😂