ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

SET (O)-Tier 1 Ent. Dependant application

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

jafersadeq

SET (O)-Tier 1 Ent. Dependant application

Post by jafersadeq » Wed Apr 01, 2020 7:13 am

Dear Gurus,

I applied for ILR last month, I want to apply for my wife and kids, I oened an account and there is not an option for Tier 1 Dependant, please see the screenshot:

https://ibb.co/vBzGBxR

If I choose T1 migrant, it gives me the page: https://ibb.co/51W7qfY

Please advise me which link shall I use to apply for ILR for my wife and my kids.
Thanks

zimba
Mood:

Re: SET (O)-Tier 1 Ent. Dependant application

Post by zimba » Wed Apr 01, 2020 2:23 pm

The very first option is for Tier 1 or Appendix W dependents.
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

jafersadeq

Post by jafersadeq » Wed Apr 01, 2020 4:18 pm

Dear zimba,

My wife will be the main applicant, my dependan under 18 will be with her application, my dependant over 18 will be in separate SET(O)... Is that right ?

My dependant over 18 years has:
1- GP- NHS letter, sent by email with signature and without a stamp because they do not go to the surgery office.
2-College email confirms he is a student with his address, they cannot issue a letter with signature and stamp due to coronavirus crisis.
3-Bank Statement (online pdf).

Is that acceptable ??

My dependant over 18 got his renewed foreign passport, but he could not go to the police centre to update his record in his police registration certificate, all centres closed, is it mandatory to stamp it before the application date.

SET(O) asks for national identity card, I have one but it is not in English, there is no translator opens his office at this time. Is it mandatory?

Please advise

Regards

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Thu Apr 02, 2020 12:33 am

My wife will be the main applicant, my dependan under 18 will be with her application, my dependant over 18 will be in separate SET(O)... Is that right ?
Correct
My dependant over 18 years has:
1- GP- NHS letter, sent by email with signature and without a stamp because they do not go to the surgery office.
2-College email confirms he is a student with his address, they cannot issue a letter with signature and stamp due to coronavirus crisis.
3-Bank Statement (online pdf).
Is that acceptable ??
Yes
My dependant over 18 got his renewed foreign passport, but he could not go to the police centre to update his record in his police registration certificate, all centres closed, is it mandatory to stamp it before the application date.
Try your best. You can upload and add docs until your appointment
SET(O) asks for national identity card, I have one but it is not in English, there is no translator opens his office at this time. Is it mandatory?
Ignore that
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

jafersadeq

Post by jafersadeq » Thu Apr 02, 2020 6:56 am

Dear zimba, many thanks
Zimba wrote:
Thu Apr 02, 2020 12:33 am
Try your best. You can upload and add docs until your appointment

Please see the link: https://ibb.co/MBjgGsb
I will try my best, but there will be no solution if they still close, the application date will be on 30/4 and the appointment will be more than month after that.
Ignore that

Shall I say " I do not have national id card" ?
About my dependant over 18 years:

1- Shall I mention his absence from his first UK entry or from 11/01/2018 ?
2- Shall I send his birth certificate ?
3- Does the HO count the 5 years from visa issue date? Same my partner? Or from his entry date?

I have a dependant 20 years old, he left the UK in Jan 2019 for work, I told the HO and they updated his record, he lost his job because the crisis, I am supporting him.
He is single, and before I did my best to persuade him to forget leaving the UK but he insisted. The HO did not send me any letter after I told them, only an email that they updated the record, he has his BRP, it is valid.
What can I do to bring him to the UK?

Please advise
Regards

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Thu Apr 02, 2020 1:27 pm

1. Only if his visa was issued after 11 Jan 2018
2. No
3. It is visa issue date

As long as his BRP is valid he can come back (there are no travel restrictions). He needs to come back before BRP expiry if he needs to try his chances for ILR :!:
Given he is outside the UK and working, he is leading an independent life. So he does not in theory qualify for visa extension or ILR.

jafersadeq

Post by jafersadeq » Thu Apr 02, 2020 2:25 pm

Zimba wrote:
Thu Apr 02, 2020 1:27 pm
As long as his BRP is valid he can come back (there are no travel restrictions). He needs to come back before BRP expiry if he needs to try his chances for ILR :!:
Given he is outside the UK and working, he is leading an independent life. So he does not in theory qualify for visa extension or ILR.
Many thanks zimba,
A solicitor told me that he can not come to the UK again because I reported his work to the HO..
Is he allowed to come for visit his family by his valid BRP?

About my dependants under 18 years:
Do I have to send their birth certificate with their ILR application? is it mandatory?

Regards

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Thu Apr 02, 2020 2:31 pm

The solicitor is wrong as his BRP is valid. He can come back however you told UKVI that he is leading an independent life. So he may have no prospects of getting an extension/ILR in the UK as an adult. I already said NO you do not need his birth certificate

jafersadeq

Post by jafersadeq » Sun Apr 05, 2020 10:02 am

jafersadeq wrote:
Thu Apr 02, 2020 2:25 pm

About my dependants under 18 years:
Do I have to send their birth certificate with their ILR application? is it mandatory?

Regards
Zimba wrote:
Thu Apr 02, 2020 2:31 pm
I already said NO you do not need his birth certificate
Dear zimba,
My question was about my kids 11, 14 years old, do I have to send their Birth Certificate ?

Another question:
Which page of the consent form shall I sign for my dependant over 18 years? we do not have any joint accounts. The first page is for him to sign, the second page is for the third party if there is a joint account, the third page is for the sponsor.
It says " Declaration signed by Mr FATHER to confirm consent for the Home Office to request verification checks" and there is no declaration for him to sign!

Please advise

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Sun Apr 05, 2020 3:52 pm

NO NEED FOR birth certificates :!:
Consent form page one must be signed by him. That is it

jafersadeq

Post by jafersadeq » Mon Apr 06, 2020 9:51 pm

Dear Gurus,

My wife has a dependant PBS leave, she extended it in May 2018, after that she became a shareholder and a director of a limited company.. Is that ok for her ILR, is there a problem because she has a business ?

Please advise
Thanks

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Mon Apr 06, 2020 11:36 pm

jafersadeq wrote:
Mon Apr 06, 2020 9:51 pm
Dear Gurus,

My wife has a dependant PBS leave, she extended it in May 2018, after that she became a shareholder and a director of a limited company.. Is that ok for her ILR, is there a problem because she has a business ?

Please advise
Thanks
No

jafersadeq

Post by jafersadeq » Mon Apr 13, 2020 8:21 pm

Dear Gurus,

I filled a mock ILR application for my son 21 years, and when I completed it, it showed the declaration in my name (Father) and not in his name :
Declaration signed by Mr (Father) to confirm consent for the Home Office to request verification checks.
He is the main applicant because he has his own application, why do they ask for my consent and not his consent?
I will send with his application some documents in my name such as Council Tax Bill, my passport, my BRP, my HO application reference…etc. Do I have to sign Part 2 of consent form?
About the ILR application of my wife with kids under 16, I completed the application form, it showed the declaration in my name and not in her name :
Declaration signed by Mr XX to confirm consent for the Home Office to request verification checks.
She is the main applicant because she has his own application with kids, why do they ask for my consent and not her consent?

Please advise
Thanks

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Mon Apr 13, 2020 11:19 pm

The consent form has 3 parts. Part one is signed by the applicant, part 2 is only signed by the people who share documents with the applicant and part 3 only by the person who supports the applicant financially.

jafersadeq

Post by jafersadeq » Fri May 01, 2020 11:10 am

Dear Gurus,

I applied online for my family, and I paid the fees, my question is:
Can I book an appointment via Sopra Steria ?, I see a link on UKVI website "Book Appointment" but I did not use it till I get a reply from you.
If I click on it, can I get a slot? or they say there are no appointments?

Please advise

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri May 01, 2020 11:18 am

The UKCVAS centres are currently closed. It is unlikely that you can book an appointment at the moment.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

jafersadeq

Post by jafersadeq » Fri May 01, 2020 11:24 am

CR001 wrote:
Fri May 01, 2020 11:18 am
The UKCVAS centres are currently closed. It is unlikely that you can book an appointment at the moment.
Is your advice that I leave it at the moment and I come back later if they re-open their centres?
If that took more than 2 months and they did not open it, does that affect the application?
Regards,

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri May 01, 2020 11:50 am

Is your advice that I leave it at the moment and I come back later if they re-open their centres?
Yes. Keep an eye on updates about this and then check online.
If that took more than 2 months and they did not open it, does that affect the application?
No.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Fri May 01, 2020 2:53 pm

jafersadeq wrote:
Fri May 01, 2020 11:24 am
Don't just leave it rather book the appointment if the system allows which will automatically be postponed with another future date if the lockdown stay same.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

jafersadeq

Post by jafersadeq » Wed May 20, 2020 11:21 pm

Dear Gurus,
If someone applies for ILR SET(O) in April 2020 using standard service, and there were no appointments available,
let's see they reopen in July 2020, and they open the super priority service, can he apply again using SET(O) and paying the fees (same the previous application details which was before visa expiry) and chooses the super priority (same day service)?
The second application will be in section C .
I know he will lose the previous fees.
Please advise
Thanks

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Thu May 21, 2020 12:53 pm

jafersadeq wrote:
Wed May 20, 2020 11:21 pm
Dear Gurus,
If someone applies for ILR SET(O) in April 2020 using standard service, and there were no appointments available,
let's see they reopen in July 2020, and they open the super priority service, can he apply again using SET(O) and paying the fees (same the previous application details which was before visa expiry) and chooses the super priority (same day service)?
The second application will be in section C .
I know he will lose the previous fees.
Please advise
Thanks
I assume no as there is no variation of the previous application

jafersadeq

Post by jafersadeq » Fri May 22, 2020 12:39 am

Dear Gurus,
I am a director of a limited company in the UK, I am furloughed from March 2020, does that affect my immigration status?
I receive my salary as a furloughed director from HMRC.

Please advise
Regards

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Fri May 22, 2020 1:20 am

jafersadeq wrote:
Fri May 22, 2020 12:39 am
Dear Gurus,
I am a director of a limited company in the UK, I am furloughed from March 2020, does that affect my immigration status?
I receive my salary as a furloughed director from HMRC.

Please advise
Regards
No

jafersadeq

Post by jafersadeq » Fri Jun 05, 2020 10:44 pm

jafersadeq wrote:
Thu Apr 02, 2020 6:56 am

I have a dependant 20 years old, he left the UK in Jan 2019 for work, I told the HO and they updated his record, he lost his job because the crisis, I am supporting him.
He is single, and before I did my best to persuade him to forget leaving the UK but he insisted. The HO did not send me any letter after I told them, only an email that they updated the record, he has his BRP, it is valid.
What can I do to bring him to the UK?

Please advise
Regards
Zimba wrote:
Thu Apr 02, 2020 1:27 pm
Dear Gurus,

If I and my wife get ILR, can we apply for my son (20 years old, who lives abroad), he left his work after 6 months of his employment, I am spending money for his life.

Can we apply on the family of a settled person visa ??

Or after we become British we can apply on the family of a settled person visa ??

He wants to come to the UK, what route is suitable for him ? He is single, no relationship.
He had a PBS (Tier 1 Ent.) dependant visa, he left the UK before the end of his visa.

Please advise

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Fri Jun 05, 2020 11:46 pm

He cannot return if his BRP runs out. Even if he returns, he has been living an independent life meaning he can be refused entry. He probably will not be able to get ILR even if he comes here. He is an adult and will then need to get a visa on his own.