ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR - Spouse Route - NARIC Required or Not?

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

F11FRE
Newly Registered

ILR - Spouse Route - NARIC Required or Not?

Post by F11FRE » Sat Apr 04, 2020 11:21 pm

Hi this question may have been answered several times but can't seem to find an answer.

My initial fiance visa was accepted in Dec 2014 and part of that application I used my degree which was taught in an India with a letter from the university confirming that it was taught in English to meet the English language requirements.

Since then I have used the same evidence for applying 2 x FLRs (Spouse visa) to meet the English Requirements (I'm on the 5 year route)

I am now about to apply for ILR however I am little confused if I could still use the same evidence, going off the KOLL guidance notes I can ( see below), just need confirming that I don't need a NARIC certificate;

"If we have previously accepted a degree qualification as meeting the requirements for an earlier application, and leave was granted, we will not need additional confirmation from NARIC."
https://www.gov.uk/government/up.

Has anyone else been in this position and what did you do on your application to meet the English language requirements?

Thank in advance
Ali

zimba
Mood:

Re: ILR - Spouse Route - NARIC Required or Not?

Post by zimba » Sun Apr 05, 2020 12:47 am

You do not need to provide anything as per paragraph 2.2(b) of Immigration Rules Appendix KoLL
2.2 For the purposes of paragraph 2.1, an applicant demonstrates sufficient knowledge of the English language if

(a) ... or

(b) the applicant-
  • (i) has limited leave to enter or remain in the UK, and
  • (ii) that leave (or a grant of leave which preceded it provided any periods of leave since have been unbroken) was given on the basis that the applicant had an English language qualification at a minimum level of B1 on the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages.
  • (iii) at the date of application, the provider of that qualification continues to be approved by the Secretary of State.
https://www.gov.uk/guidance/immigration ... endix-koll
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

F11FRE
Newly Registered

Post by F11FRE » Sun Apr 05, 2020 8:01 am

Thank you for your quick response. If I have any issues or questions when filling the online application for meeting the English language requirement I will post here ( from what I've read on this forum the online application is not clear cut for this section).

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Apr 05, 2020 8:53 am

What date was your flr m spouse visa issued/granted?
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

F11FRE
Newly Registered

Post by F11FRE » Sun Apr 05, 2020 1:46 pm

CR001 wrote:
Sun Apr 05, 2020 8:53 am
What date was your flr m spouse visa issued/granted?
Last one was granted on Dec 2017, where I didn't provide anything additional than the my degree certificate and letter from university confirming it was taught in English to meet the English requirement

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Apr 05, 2020 1:54 pm

The first flr m spouse visa after the fiance visa is what I meant.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

F11FRE
Newly Registered

Post by F11FRE » Sun Apr 05, 2020 1:57 pm

CR001 wrote:
Sun Apr 05, 2020 1:54 pm
The first flr m spouse visa after the fiance visa is what I meant.
Oh...that was July 2015 :-)

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Apr 05, 2020 1:58 pm

Ok, so you can only apply for ilr within 28 days before the date the spouse flr m visa was granted, ie if it was granted on 28 July 2015, you can only apply on 1st July 2020.

Date of application is the date you submit and pay online.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

F11FRE
Newly Registered

Post by F11FRE » Sun Apr 05, 2020 2:18 pm

CR001 wrote:
Sun Apr 05, 2020 1:58 pm
Ok, so you can only apply for ilr within 28 days before the date the spouse flr m visa was granted, ie if it was granted on 28 July 2015, you can only apply on 1st July 2020.

Date of application is the date you submit and pay online.
I was under the assumption that I could apply earlier as I entered the country on Feb 2015 on a fiance visa and then I was granted my first spouse (flr) visa in July 2015. So this is not correct then even though I have completed 5 years stay?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Apr 05, 2020 2:22 pm

The 6 month fiance visa doesn't count towards the 5 year residence requirement for ILR. You need 5 years on FLR m spouse visa.

https://www.gov.uk/uk-family-visa/partner-spouse
When you can settle permanently
The earliest you can apply to settle in the UK (called ‘indefinite leave to remain’) is after you’ve lived in the country for 5 years continuously with permission to stay (‘leave to remain’) as a partner. You cannot count any permission to stay in the UK as a fiancé, fiancée or proposed civil partner.
There have been ilr refusals recently by applicants who thought the fiance visa counts.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

F11FRE
Newly Registered

Post by F11FRE » Sun Apr 05, 2020 2:30 pm

Thanks for this info that's been great help, Ill just wait now :-)

Tbh the way how things are going with Covid 19, it probably will be July the earliest opportunity.