ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Income from self employment and employment

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

vic101
inactive

Adequate Maintenance

Post by vic101 » Fri Apr 03, 2020 12:59 am

Hello guys,

Would someone please direct me in right direction (thanks in advance).

I am British citizen and my wife is on spouse visa. We will be applying for ILR in May.

Currently I am (British Citizen) claiming Disability Living Allowance (DLA) for my disabled son.

My wife is part time worker and I am self employed.

I would like to know, can we go on Adequate Maintenance route?? as I am claiming DLA on my name for my disabled son and secondly if we can go on this route can we combine our incomes to show that we can support ourselves?

Thanks,
Vic

zimba
Mood:

Re: Adequate Maintenance

Post by zimba » Fri Apr 03, 2020 1:37 am

Yes you can as Disability Living Allowance is considered a specified benefit under the 5 year route to settlement.

There is a whole guide on this: https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... x_1_7A.pdf
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

vic101
inactive

Director or employee of a specified limited company

Post by vic101 » Sat Apr 04, 2020 11:13 pm

Hello,

Would someone please guide me.
I am going to apply ILR for my spouse in June 20.

I am director and employee of a company which incorporated in Nov 2017.
We are 3 shareholders including myself. I am also employee of my company. So according to Appendix FM 1.7 section 9.7.2 this falls in Specified Limited Company.

Initially when we registered our company were not making any sales so hence I wasn't getting any salary. I started getting salaries from October 2019 onwards.

I been paid as follows (gross figures)

Oct 19 - £700
Nov 19- £700
Dec 19- £700
Jan 20- £1000
Feb 20- £1000
Mar 20- £1000
Apr 20- £1000
May 20- £1000 (I'll be paid at start of May)
Jun 20- £1000 (I'll be paid at start of June)

My wife is also working (currently on maternity pay). She used to be paid (before maternity) average 950 (net) per month and during maternity pay roughly around 650 (average) net. She is with same employer for last 6 years.

By looking above figures can someone help me to tell if I qualify for 18,600 rule.

Also I wanted to know if she was on maternity pay which salary slips do I have to provide (before maternity or last 6 months including maternity pay).

Many thanks,

Vic

zimba
Mood:

Re: Director or employee of a specified limited company

Post by zimba » Sun Apr 05, 2020 12:30 am

vic101 wrote:
Sat Apr 04, 2020 11:13 pm
Hello,

Would someone please guide me.
I am going to apply ILR for my spouse in June 20.

I am director and employee of a company which incorporated in Nov 2017.
We are 3 shareholders including myself. I am also employee of my company. So according to Appendix FM 1.7 section 9.7.2 this falls in Specified Limited Company.

Initially when we registered our company were not making any sales so hence I wasn't getting any salary. I started getting salaries from October 2019 onwards.

I been paid as follows (gross figures)

Oct 19 - £700
Nov 19- £700
Dec 19- £700
Jan 20- £1000
Feb 20- £1000
Mar 20- £1000
Apr 20- £1000
May 20- £1000 (I'll be paid at start of May)
Jun 20- £1000 (I'll be paid at start of June)

My wife is also working (currently on maternity pay). She used to be paid (before maternity) average 950 (net) per month and during maternity pay roughly around 650 (average) net. She is with same employer for last 6 years.

By looking above figures can someone help me to tell if I qualify for 18,600 rule.

Also I wanted to know if she was on maternity pay which salary slips do I have to provide (before maternity or last 6 months including maternity pay).

Many thanks,

Vic
First of all keep all your question here and do not strat new posts.
Company directors must apply under Category F or G. See the guide section 9.7 and 9.8 for all the details: https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... -ext_1.pdf

Your salary and your wife's salary needs to be combined. She can rely on requirements under category A or B combined with yours under category F or G
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

vic101
inactive

Post by vic101 » Sun Apr 05, 2020 1:38 am

sorry for starting a new thread.

I was thinking if I can cover without DLA route as I find A-B>C may not be correct route for me. So I was thinking on other options.

Well come back to question I asked... Would someone please help me.

Thanks.

vic101
inactive

Post by vic101 » Wed Apr 08, 2020 5:37 pm

Hi

Can someone please help me here.

If I go for employee of my own company as director and employee do I need to provide 6 months salary slips or 12?

Where can I find about this on guidance provided by Home Office.

Please help me to guide.

Thanks

zimba
Mood:

Re: Director or employee of a specified limited company

Post by zimba » Thu Apr 09, 2020 1:01 am

Zimba wrote:
Sun Apr 05, 2020 12:30 am
First of all keep all your question here and do not strat new posts.
Company directors must apply under Category F or G. See the guide section 9.7 and 9.8 for all the details: https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... -ext_1.pdf

Your salary and your wife's salary needs to be combined. She can rely on requirements under category A or B combined with yours under category F or G
??????

hrtgamer
Newly Registered

Income from self employment and employment

Post by hrtgamer » Mon May 18, 2020 5:11 pm

Hello

I am self employed (Taxi Driver) British Citizen and my wife who is on dependent visa is on employment income. She is on her 5 year route to ILR in July.

My wife employment income isn't sufficient for 18,600 so I have to add my self employed income.

As per Appendix Fx 1.7 Financial para 9.3.7
Where a couple are using their joint income to meet the financial requirement, all of this income must fall within the financial year(s) being relied on and must still be a source of income at the time of application. For example, if the applicant is in the UK with permission to work, to combine their salaried employment income with their partner’s self-employment income, they must provide evidence of the income received from this salaried employment during their self-employed partner’s relevant financial year(s) and evidence of ongoing employment at the date of application

I wanted to know following.

1. Do I have to show my wife salary from period April 2019 to March 2020 as self employment year runs from 6 April to 5 April to match same time period.
Or do I have to add latest earning of her employed income i.e June 2020 salary as well which she will receive in July. So in that case her employment income from Aug 2019 to July 2020 (Salaries received in bank)

2. Do we have to send her 6 month salary slips or 12 month (in my case).

3. Is there any chance if someone have list of documents required for self employment and employment need to be sent along with application.

Would some one please guide me through.

Thanks
Sam

zimba
Mood:

Re: Income from self employment and employment

Post by zimba » Mon May 18, 2020 7:01 pm

Have you registered a new user ???! This is not allowed on the forum

member/vic101/

hrtgamer
Newly Registered

Post by hrtgamer » Tue May 19, 2020 11:24 am

yes I am sorry Zimba, I forgot my old password.

Sorry for this, what else I could have done?

Anyway as I apologized.

Would you please help me for my queries? or If anyone else please help me.

Thanks

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Tue May 19, 2020 3:20 pm

She must provide 12 months payslip that match your self-employment period ending April 2020 plus a letter showing she is employed now. The guide is very clear on what needs to be done. It also tells you exactly what documents you need to provide. I have repeated several times to go and read the guide :!: