ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Redundancy during ILR application

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

jerrysk8
Newly Registered
Australia

Redundancy during ILR application

Post by jerrysk8 » Fri Jun 12, 2020 11:09 am

Hi, my application for ILR was submitted at the end of April and my employer has just announced they are making redundancies. If I am made redundant, is my application approval now at risk even if I have already uploaded my supporting documents including letter of employment? Any help is greatly appreciated.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Redundancy during ILR application

Post by CR001 » Fri Jun 12, 2020 11:11 am

Useful to state your visa route to ILR.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

jerrysk8
Newly Registered
Australia

Post by jerrysk8 » Fri Jun 12, 2020 11:13 am

Sorry 5 years on Tier2 sponsored visa

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Jun 12, 2020 11:18 am

Yes, it can affect your ILR. You need to be employed with your sponsor until you have been granted ILR.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Fri Jun 12, 2020 12:09 pm

jerrysk8 wrote:
Fri Jun 12, 2020 11:09 am
Hi, my application for ILR was submitted at the end of April and my employer has just announced they are making redundancies. If I am made redundant, is my application approval now at risk even if I have already uploaded my supporting documents including letter of employment? Any help is greatly appreciated.
If you applied under Tier 2 but you lose your job, your ILR will be refused as you will not meet the requirements.
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

jerrysk8
Newly Registered
Australia

Post by jerrysk8 » Mon Jun 15, 2020 6:47 am

Ok even after I have already submitted my letter of employment which stated I was still required for employment in the future (which was true at the time of application). Do they verify this document or just check that I have it included?

Rambo_ILR
India

Post by Rambo_ILR » Mon Jun 15, 2020 7:27 am

The fact is as your ILR is still not approved and if they make you redundant now, the letter would automatically turn out of date and become invalid. Also your employer may even need to report the situation to UKVI about your job termination.

vinny

Post by vinny » Mon Jun 15, 2020 7:32 am

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Mon Jun 15, 2020 12:19 pm

jerrysk8 wrote:
Mon Jun 15, 2020 6:47 am
Ok even after I have already submitted my letter of employment which stated I was still required for employment in the future (which was true at the time of application). Do they verify this document or just check that I have it included?
The letter says they must need you for the foreseeable future. Being made redundant later contradicts that letter and so UKVI will certainly check your employments status before granting ILR
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

HKN123
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by HKN123 » Tue Aug 25, 2020 3:13 pm

jerrysk8 wrote:
Mon Jun 15, 2020 6:47 am
@jerrysk8 - I'm in similar situation. Can you share any progress in your case and what happened to your ILR application? Thanks in advance.